thrill ride severs girls feet.

gman20001969

Reaction score
Taken from AJC.com

Girl loses feet in amusement park accident
Witness: Cable on thrill ride 'snapped'

The Associated Press
Published on: 06/22/07
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A witness said an amusement park accident in Kentucky occurred when a cable on a thrill ride snapped.
A 13-year-old girl's feet were severed in Thursday's accident on the Superman Tower of Power ride at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville.
<!--endtext--><!--endclickprintinclude--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=175 align=left border=0><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE><!--startclickprintinclude--><!--begintext-->
Chris Dinnette was riding one car over from the girl who was hurt. He told WAVE television he heard what he thought were screams of excitement. But then he saw a cable "come back and hit a lot of people" and realized he was hearing screams of horror.
The ride lifts passengers 177 feet straight up, then drops 154 feet, reaching a speed of 54 miles per hour, according to the park's Web site.
The ride has been closed indefinitely.

Ugh, horrible. I hope this girl gets a ridiculous amount of money.

I can't think of any dollar figure that could replace the loss of my feet by an accident. But I'd sure as hell would sue till the ends of the earth. I'm trying to picture how it happened.

SOme of the cables attached to the ride snapped and hit her feet!

just one of the reasons I DO NOT ride those silly rides!!!just too dangerous.

Poor little girl! Were they able to reattach her feet? I can't quite wrap my mind about how horrible this must be for her.

That is just horrible! I can't even imagine. Another little girl was on the news last night saying she had given up her seat to this child that lost her feet. The second little girl will probably never forget this horrible event either.

There was a report that she was undergoing surgery in Louisville and that Six Flags employees had sent her feet to the hospital with her, but the hospital couldn't comment due to privacy reasons.

That was my favorite ride @ Six Flags @ Kentucky Kingdom. We have received free passes to go this Sunday with our company picnic. I know this lady will not be on any thrill seeking rides after that tragic accident. I'm not even sure I want to go now. I feel for this young girl and those that witnessed it.

This is horrible! I could barely read that news story when I saw it. I cannot imagine how it will affect her and her family from now on, but I would be ALL for suing the heck out of the people responsible for that ride!!!

I pray they can reattach her feet, too. They can do so much these days in that area.

I have been on a ride just like this one with my own dd,...

prayers for the little girl and her family

I cringe each time I read the thread title. :( I am totally amazed that she did not die from the injuries. How in the world do you stop bleeding like she must have bled when you are in a theme park? They must have good emerg. response teams there.

Here's an article and video with more eye-witness accounts. This is so scary. I feel bad for everyone involved.

http://www.wlky.com/news/13547817/detail.html?rss=lou&psp=news

“When I got up there, the lady, she was just sitting there and she didn’t have no legs,” Smith said. “She didn’t have no legs at all. She was just calm, probably in shock from everything.”

I heard this lady on TV yesterday and her voice stayed in my mind all day. I can't even imagine the shock this girl was in. Thank goodness she didn't bleed to death. I hope by some miracle they can save her feet.

I've been so horrified by this story, my kid's love that ride and those quite similar, it's not taking you upside down but still a real thrill. I'm always on the ground watching because the Merry Go Round is the only one I'm into these days. I can't imagine witnessing that.

OMG how awful is this? I can't even imagine what this must of been like?.. I have been to this theme park many many times when we lived in Ft.Knox Ky & always had a great time there but I know now that if my kids want to ride those rides again ( and I know they will ) I think I will try and talk them out of it... :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back