Antique Microscope

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
I am auctioning a microscope on eBay.. it was made in paris, approximately 1881-1886. It would make a great Father's Day gift or display piece for your home or office...

If my eBay auction is not successful, I will accept reasonable offers :D

Cassie's Miscroscope

Well, nosey POCO went in and looked at your auction - seems like it is doing quite well, although I'll give you $50 for it if you want to sell it to me.....

I sell on ebay, too..... look for me under the name pocogeejo

50.00? thats all you would give me for it? I think it's at $5,100.00 now... let me know if you change your mind, maybe check under your sofa cushions for spare change.

Do you have any auctions up now on eBay?

Casshew said:
50.00? thats all you would give me for it? I think it's at $5,100.00 now... let me know if you change your mind, maybe check under your sofa cushions for spare change.

Do you have any auctions up now on eBay?

WHAT $5,000??????????? For a microscope???? Bahahahaha
Found 8 cents under the cushion - I'm up to $50.08.... think about it, ok.

I ALWAYS have auctions up on Ebay - been doing it for four years now!!!

poco said:
WHAT $5,000??????????? For a microscope???? Bahahahaha
Found 8 cents under the cushion - I'm up to $50.08.... think about it, ok.

I ALWAYS have auctions up on Ebay - been doing it for four years now!!!

Me too... since 1999. My cheapest sale was a book I listed at a penny with no reserve that only got one bid :eek: and my best was antique Planetarium/Orrey that went for $11,300.00. I noticed it is the same amount of work whether it's the cheap item or the expensive one. :waitasec:

Well I am happy to see the reserve is met on my scope.... with 5 days to go, hopefully we will have a big finish!

Casshew said:
Me too... since 1999. My cheapest sale was a book I listed at a penny with no reserve that only got one bid :eek: and my best was antique Planetarium/Orrey that went for $11,300.00. I noticed it is the same amount of work whether it's the cheap item or the expensive one. :waitasec:

Well I am happy to see the reserve is met on my scope.... with 5 days to go, hopefully we will have a big finish!

More info please on the Planetarium/Orrey - what is it? where did you get it?
My best ever was an item I sold for $1500 ----- I sold a car once on Ebay, but it was for someone else.

poco said:
More info please on the Planetarium/Orrey - what is it? where did you get it?
My best ever was an item I sold for $1500 ----- I sold a car once on Ebay, but it was for someone else.

I bought the Planetarium off the back of an old beat up truck at an auction. I saw it sticking out from under a blanket and asked the guy if it was for sale... I bought it for $165.00 canadian.. which is about 120.00USD.

I figured it was worth maybe 1000.00... much to my surprise, when I got it home and started looking it over it was signed by the maker ~ who was a very famous instrument maker. I was shocked on eBay when it went to 6500.00 almost immediately and stayed there the whole week untill the very last second when it shot up to 9000.00, 10,000.00 and finally 11,300.00.

It looked similar to this... I call it a planetarium, but it really is a Lunarium which shows how the moon revolves around the earth, and the earth in turn to the sun..etc..

lunarium.jpg

Casshew said:
I bought the Planetarium off the back of an old beat up truck at an auction. I saw it sticking out from under a blanket and asked the guy if it was for sale... I bought it for $165.00 canadian.. which is about 120.00USD.

I figured it was worth maybe 1000.00... much to my surprise, when I got it home and started looking it over it was signed by the maker ~ who was a very famous instrument maker. I was shocked on eBay when it went to 6500.00 almost immediately and stayed there the whole week untill the very last second when it shot up to 9000.00, 10,000.00 and finally 11,300.00.

It looked similar to this... I call it a planetarium, but it really is a Lunarium which shows how the moon revolves around the earth, and the earth in turn to the sun..etc..

lunarium.jpg

OMG, congratulations to you!!! It is really neat looking; I have never seen anything like that before!

Casshew said:

lunarium.jpg

Well shoot...I was just congratulating myself because my $10.00 saddle purse sold for $40.00! Your profit margin was pretty darned good on this one Cass :clap: :clap:

Well, my auction ends today around 2pm-ish EST... it is still at 6000.00 and I am hoping at the last minute it will go through the roof.

Unfortunately coonsidering the exchange rate at the moment, $6000.00 is less than I paid for it :eek:

Crossing my fingers!

Casshew said:
Well, my auction ends today around 2pm-ish EST... it is still at 6000.00 and I am hoping at the last minute it will go through the roof.

Unfortunately coonsidering the exchange rate at the moment, $6000.00 is less than I paid for it :eek:

Crossing my fingers!

YOu never can tell with Ebay - crossing my fingers for ya, too!

poco said:
YOu never can tell with Ebay - crossing my fingers for ya, too!

Thanks poco... but don't cross those skinny legs.. they could snap like a twig!

Casshew said:
Thanks poco... but don't cross those skinny legs.. they could snap like a twig!

I'm assuming you are ignoring me about ---

your cat
and
Imon

Casshew said:

Crossing my fingers!

Oooh Cass!! How exciting!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you too! Let us know what happens!!! Good Luck!! :)

b17princess2 said:
Oooh Cass!! How exciting!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you too! Let us know what happens!!! Good Luck!! :)

Thanx princess :blowkiss: I am hoping for 7500.00 +++ so I can actually turn a profit :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back