Tips For Emergency Situations

dmaze105

Inactive
Reaction score
My boss just sent this out. I thought this would be a good place to list this. I'm not sure where to post it, but if you think it should be moved, please do so. thank you.

NEVER BE TAKEN TO A SECOND LOCATION

Because of recent abductions
refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation...
1The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy.
The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
3. Women tend to get into their cars after shopping, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, etc.) DON'T DO THIS!) This is the perfect opportunity for a preditor to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
a. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
4. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
a. Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat
b. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door.Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting
to get into their cars.
c. Look at the car parked on the driver's side
of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car,
you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
5. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)
6. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT
be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably ! in a zig -zag pattern!
7. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

This is an old list but still appropriate.
I can oly say from personal experience that not going to a second location worked for me:) I ran a mean zig zag.

I will never go to a second location. I will get shot or stabbed on the spot before I will go.

Most of the newer cars have glow in the dark release levers in the trunk. Good to know that too.
Be AWARE of your surroundings. Who is around you? This is one really important thing you can teach your kids. We use to walk out of a public place and quiz the kids abotu things or people inside. They were shocked when they realized how much they didn't know. AFter a while, they go pretty good at noticing people and details.

Thanks for posting..Also,you might want to reduce the font .. It is pretty big.TIA!

Alot of stairwells are fireproof as well. This means nobody would hear you if you could scream. If you're on that elevator alone with an assailant do NOT push the EMERGENCY BUTTON. It stops the elevator leaving you and hin alone. Instead always try to stand next to the buttons at all times. If you are in that situation lay your body and push every button you can. Forces the car to stop and give you more chances to scream and run. I'm sure we all know to scream FIRE instead of help. People are more apt to pay attention when you scream fire as it can be detremental to them as well. I was raised by a cop/detective of fourty years. Learned all that very young. Last but not least and this is a tough one. If you can try to get yourself sick as in vomitting. It saved someone from a rape on a case my dad had. Big ONE as well. Vans. To this day I still cross over if there's a van parked. Walk around it or cross. They're easy to pull you into.

Oh J. Bean I'm so glad you thought quick. I'm sorry for that awful time for you. You're here though. Good lookout.

Oh J. Bean I'm so glad you thought quick. I'm sorry for that awful time for you. You're here though. Good lookout.
Good tips from you Filly..thanks for those.
I know in my heart that I will not move if someone tries to take me. I will crash the car if carjacked and will fight like mad if strong armed.

Good points othersm but try going limp, impossible to pick a lifeless person. Many 2 year olds have this down pat!:blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back