Jaded

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.someoneknowsme.com
Prosecutor Says Father Admitted To Killing Toddler
POSTED: 11:20 am EDT June 15, 2007
UPDATED: 4:31 pm EDT June 15, 2007
A Jefferson County prosecutor said in court Friday that a Toronto father admitted to investigators that he killed his son.
Fred Roman, 22, was charged Thursday with one count of murder, one count of felonious assault and one count of endangering children.
At his arraignment on Friday, Assistant Jefferson County Prosecutor Jane Keenan said Roman admitted that he killed his 16-month-old son, Jacob Fleischer.
A Cuyahoga County coroner ruled on Thursday that the toddler died from blunt-force trauma to the head.
Investigators said they believe the boy was crying between 2:30 and 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. Police said they believe Roman picked the boy up and struck the boy's head on a bedroom wall, then did not call for help for hours.
Roman previously said he went to check on the boy around 4:30 a.m. He said the boy was not breathing and had blood covering his nose. Roman said he administered CPR until ambulances and Toronto police arrived at his apartment on North Fifth Street.
The toddler was rushed to Trinity Medical Center West, where he died shortly after 5 a.m., officials said.
The boy's mother, Channe Fleischer, who did not live with Roman, described the child as a “beautiful ... very happy baby. He loved the outdoors. ... He was ornery, playful, loved to give kisses. He was just a sweetheart, a sweetheart."
Both parents were scheduled to settle their custody agreements in July.
Stay with NEWS9 for continuing coverage.
-Renee Cardelli & Jackie Cain, NEWS9
http://www.wtov9.com/news/13510121/detail.html

This happened about two weeks ago. Well, the mother is a known drug addict and is seven months pregnant with another child and has just tested positive for drugs in her system.

Drugs Found in Pregnant Woman's System
Posted Friday, June 29, 2007 ; 07:18 PM
Updated Friday, June 29, 2007 ; 08:27 PM
Watch Story Video

Woman faces judge Friday.
Story by Dave Elias Email | Bio
STEUBENVILLE, Ohio -- Seven months pregnant, Channe Fleischer of Jefferson County,Ohio, already has lost a 16-month old son.
Now, authorities fear she could lose an unborn child because of drug uese.
She was in a Jefferson County courtroom on Friday after test results showed high levels of Oxycodone and marijuana.
Fleischer's son Jacob died recently, allegedly at the hands of his father, Fred Roman Jr., according to officials.
Roman had custody of Jacob after Channe was thrown in jail for drug charges. The baby's head had been smashed against a wall, reportedly because he wouldn't stop crying.
Jefferson County Sheriff Fred Abdalla wants the charge of harming an unborn child to be filed against Fleischer, but Tom Strauss said those charges are hard to prove right now.
Fleischer was ordered to get treatment for her apparent drug problem. She's been ordered to undergo an evaluation.
http://wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=25807

I am OUTRAGED that the prosecuror won't file charges against this woman! How is it hard to prove? She tested POSITIVE for drugs in her system. I am asking all that can to PLEASE email this prosecutor to urge him to do the right thing and give this unborn child the chance that its little brother Jake didn't get.

For more on this story, here's a link to the discussion at skm -- It's too long to post here, but lots of local info about the mother, father and this case. I'm going to post phone numbers and emails for the Prosecutor's office, and if necessary start an online petition to get them to do the right thing for this unborn child. The mother needs to be in JAIL until she delivers and then have this baby taken from her.

http://someoneknowsme.com/upload/index.php?&act=ST&f=196&t=204

Contact Information:
Thomas Straus
Jefferson County
16001 SR 7
Steubenville, OH 43952
740-283-1966
FAX: 740-283-3409
E-Mail: tstraus@jcprosecutor.com

This is a horrible case! Sounds like neither parent can handle rasing a child.

This is a horrible case! Sounds like neither parent can handle rasing a child.

What's sad is the father's mother is in a Pittsburgh hospital in a coma (she has pneumonia) and had left the little boy in her son's care. She actually ahd custody of the boy because his parents were unfit. Once the mother went to the hospital, this happened. Poor little boy was left with the monster of a father who killed him. The grandmother is still in a coman last I heard. :(

The best thing for this baby is to be taken away from this family.

The baby's head had been smashed against a wall, reportedly because he wouldn't stop crying.

The father should receive life in prison for murdering his son.

The unborn child should be given up for adoption and the mother then sterilized. These azzclowns deserve no children.

The father should receive life in prison for murdering his son.

The unborn child should be given up for adoption and the mother then sterilized. These azzclowns deserve no children.

I agree that they don't deserve to have children. I'm disgusted that the prosecutor won't file the charges of harming an unborn child when this woman tested positive for drugs. She also put in the obituary for her son that she would accept donations. To those who were going to donate an address was given to send $$. Only thing was the house was ABANDONED and apparently druggie mom and her family had been going by the home to check the mail for money envelopes and donations. How pathetic is that to use the death of your child in that manner?

OMG. I feel so ill thinking about what that poor sweet baby went through and very upset about the damage being done to the unborn child. It's disgusting about the donations too. I will definitely send an email and a letter to the prosecutor. WHY do people like this have children...? It's heartbreaking.

ANOTHER 2 PILES of crap that dont deserve to breath !! , i hope they get "taken care of" in prison ! they shouldnt even get trials grrrr...

OMG This is horrible, some people can't have children if they don't want them or can't take care of them give them to someone that cares....

scum·bagplay_w("S0177800")(sk
ubreve.gif
m
prime.gif
b
abreve.gif
g
lprime.gif
)

n. Slang
A person regarded as despicable

Fred Roman

Offenses charged: Murder, Felony Assault, Child Endangerment
Sentence: 15 years to Life
Incarcerated: On 1/31/2008 at Lebanon Correctional Institute

I show no record for the mother.

probably lost her other baby and is still hooked on drugs.

i dont get why the 'life' sentence minimum is only 15 years here :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back