Scientists Test DNA On Hubby's Underwear For Signs OF Cheating

White Rain

Reaction score
LANSING, Mich. — A state forensics scientist who said she tested DNA in her husband's underwear to find out whether he was cheating could be disciplined if investigators determine she violated the use of state equipment.
Ann Chamberlain-Gordon of Okemos testified in a March 7 divorce hearing that she ran the test in September on the underwear of Charles Gordon Jr. Asked by his attorney what she found, she answered: "Another female. It wasn't me."
She also said during a May 25 hearing in Ingham County Family Court that she ran the test on her own time with chemicals that were set to be thrown away.
Michigan State Police, which oversees the Lansing forensics lab where Chamberlain-Gordon works, started to investigate her after her husband's attorney wrote to authorities and media outlets questioning how many times DNA tests have been improperly run.
Investigators expect to decide by next week what they found. Her duties have not been restricted during the investigation, state police spokeswoman Shanon Akans said Tuesday. more @ link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287994,00.html

I read this earlier and my first thought was "I wonder which WS member this is?" lol ;)

Not me, luckily I can trust my hubby...but honestly if I were able to do these kinda tests and distrusted hubby I'd probably do the same. And end up in the same boat as this other woman! Nah, actually I'd be facing assault & battery charges.

Not me, luckily I can trust my hubby...but honestly if I were able to do these kinda tests and distrusted hubby I'd probably do the same. And end up in the same boat as this other woman! Nah, actually I'd be facing assault & battery charges.

I think almost everyone would have done the same. We all get little "perks" where we work... but I guess if someone "rats" you out the company has to look stupid and say, "I didn't know..."

Awww, dear old hubby got BUSTED! At least now she has scientific proof that he is a !

Me too, White Rain, me too. I know it's improper and all that jazz, but I also know I'd do it if I had the ability and had some questions....

Can you blame her? They say women just 'know' when something is up and how many husbands are going to fess up without proof? She had access to resources to find the truth so good for her.

Jubie

Ok are we the same group of people who complained about a DP inmates last dinner???
This women doing this not only cost money but also delayed the tests needed to potentially solve other cases.

I agree that it is wrong, but I am also honest enough to admit I'd have probably done the same thing. Sorry to say.

Ok are we the same group of people who complained about a DP inmates last dinner???
This women doing this not only cost money but also delayed the tests needed to potentially solve other cases.

LOL - I was actually all in favor of that inmate getting some pork chops!

Okay, this woman used supplies that were going to be thrown away AND she did it on her time off, so how did she delay results for other cases and how did she cost money (other than perhaps using the electricity or water supply in the building)?

I have handled personal issues on my company's electricity and water bill....

If you are to the point of doing DNA tests on your husband's underwear, it's too late: your marriage is already over.

Am I the only one who thinks a bit of trust (and a sense of boundaries) is essential to a marriage?

If you are to the point of doing DNA tests on your husband's underwear, it's too late: your marriage is already over.

Am I the only one who thinks a bit of trust (and a sense of boundaries) is essential to a marriage?

Well maybe she wants to go for the jugular, money wise.

Agreed 100%. BUt if you're in the field she's in, it may be second nature to want forensice proof to back up your suspicions.

LOL - I was actually all in favor of that inmate getting some pork chops!

Okay, this woman used supplies that were going to be thrown away AND she did it on her time off, so how did she delay results for other cases and how did she cost money (other than perhaps using the electricity or water supply in the building)?

I have handled personal issues on my company's electricity and water bill....
Not me! I say starve the inmate but test the undies! ;) However, I agree with you on the issue that it didn't hurt anyone! Like you said, it was her own time and she did use throw away supplies. I guess those chemicals go bad? I wouldn't want him if I had to check his undies though. :slap: I hope she doesn't lose her job.

Agreed 100%. BUt if you're in the field she's in, it may be second nature to want forensice proof to back up your suspicions.

I can't do my own DNA testing (though that kit will be in drug stores any day now, I bet).

But I could go through my partner's mail, keep track of his schedule and follow him around town if I were so inclined. I can't imagine doing that unless, as Martha suggests, I were looking for stuff to use in divorce proceedings. (Actually, I can't imagine that either, but you get the point.)

You think that, I think that...but there are others who don't. If I were her, he'd get one good beat down...there is no way he could even try to lie his way out of it.
But y'all are right...a womans 6th sense/intuition knows when something's just not right.

You think that, I think that...but there are others who don't. If I were her, he'd get one good beat down...there is no way he could even try to lie his way out of it.
But y'all are right...a womans 6th sense/intuition knows when something's just not right.

SadieMae, I do know there are all types of relationships and, as a rule, I don't judge most of them. I even understand some suspicion is necessary in some cases.

But to me, there is something indescribably sad about testing your partner's underwear.

SadieMae, I do know there are all types of relationships and, as a rule, I don't judge most of them. I even understand some suspicion is necessary in some cases.

But to me, there is something indescribably sad about testing your partner's underwear.

If astronauts wear "smart" diapers to chase down the "other woman", then I guess anything goes these days. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back