A big kitty hits the city.

opps, hope that wasn't kitty "litter".

My husband worked on the Kitty Hawk. She's one fine ship.

I hope the crew have a great time while in Sydney.

Well...I really thought you US guys would be interested in this thread........at least you know your ship and crew and the rest of the fleet are in safe waters and are proberly out on the town and enjoying themselves in one of the safest habours that America will ever get......sheese:(

Well...I really thought you US guys would be interested in this thread........at least you know your ship and crew and the rest of the fleet are in safe waters and are proberly out on the town and enjoying themselves in one of the safest habours that America will ever get......sheese:(
Just heard and saw on our local news channel that all the Americans of the kitty did not go out on the town or sightseeing straight away, they went to the Childrens hospital in Sydney, did other volunteer work too, filing for the red cross, what a great crew and a bunch of nice and caring people. Thankyou for your kindness and genourosity.

I heard the crew are expected to spend 12 mill whilst they're here- so it's all good, even if I am anti military...

I was interested. We're VERY proud of our military in the US (especially the area that I live in...we're proud to have Navy, Army, Marine and Air Force bases), or at least the majority of us are. I'm glad they're doing some humanitarian work while there. I think too many people see the military as war mongers and not as brave people who VOLUNTEER to defend our country.

I'm not trying to be confrontational but why are you anti-military? I can see anti-war but I don't quite understand anti-military. Countries shouldn't have people that are paid to defend them?

I was interested. We're VERY proud of our military in the US (especially the area that I live in...we're proud to have Navy, Army, Marine and Air Force bases), or at least the majority of us are. I'm glad they're doing some humanitarian work while there.I think too many people see the military as war mongers and not as brave people who VOLUNTEER to defend our country.

I'm not trying to be confrontational but why are you anti-military? I can see anti-war but I don't quite understand anti-military. Countries shouldn't have people that are paid to defend them?

I understand we need to defend ourselves but in my perfect world we shouldnt need to defend ourselves...it's just one of my [simplistic] world views..

As millions of money is being spent on defending ones country, children lay hungry, people are homeless and dying....just seems mixed up to me.

Well, I agree with that. Woudn't it be nice if everyone could learn to accept each other's differences and respect those differences? Not only between countries but between people within a country or even a neighborhood for that matter.

I'm sure not in my lifetime but maybe one day the world will be that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back