Minivan rolls into pond, 2 children die

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - A woman chased her minivan as it rolled down a steep hill and jumped in before it sank into a pond Wednesday, killing her and two children inside, authorities said. A third child was in critical condition.

The woman, who was the mother of at least one of the children, had gotten out of the van, then noticed it was rolling away and jumped back in before it went into the water, Police Chief Bryan Norwood said.

More at the link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070705/ap_on_re_us/van_submerged

This is so sad.

This is so very sad. I hope the little one who survived will be okay and has a loving family to live with.

Lion

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A third child who was riding in a van that rolled into a pond in a Bridgeport park on Wednesday died Thursday, a hospital spokesman said.
Jayden Wilson, 6, died just before 2 p.m. at Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, spokesman Mark D'Antonio said.
He was the nephew of Michelle McIntosh, 39, who was killed in the accident along with her son, 2-year-old David McIntosh, and 3-year-old family friend Julia Boyd.
McIntosh, who was driving the van, stopped and got out to talk with friends following her in another car about where to set up their holiday picnic at Beardsley Park in Bridgeport on Wednesday morning, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288184,00.html

I just read about this, my heart is just broken.

Oh my gosh, so sad. I do hope they don't charge her with anything. Can't an accident just be a bad, sad, tragic accident anymore?

Oh my gosh, so sad. I do hope they don't charge her with anything. Can't an accident just be a bad, sad, tragic accident anymore?

Ziggy - she died also. When she saw the van rolling, she ran and jumped back in it to try and save her kids.

OOps my bad. Wow, I thought at first she saved the one child only.

Lord have mercy.

Their families must just be destroyed with grief right now. It's so hard to make sense of bad accidents like that just "happening" and you lose so much in mere minutes.

I'm confused, the caption under the photo in the article says it killed 3 and injured one, but the last one also died around 2:00?

I'm confused, the caption under the photo in the article says it killed 3 and injured one, but the last one also died around 2:00?
The 3rd child died just today, bringing the total to 4. ( 3 children and the woman driver)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back