AL AL - Kimberly Whitton, 36, & Haleigh Culwell, 11, Section, 21 June 2007

Rle7

Reaction score
It's been 2 weeks since anyone's heard from a Jackson County mother and daughter.

Their family is pleading for help, while investigators call the disappearance suspicious.

Kimberly Whitton and Haleigh Culwell of Section have been missing since June 21st, but there's so much more to this story.

Kim's husband was a suspect in a missing person turned murder case from nearly 10-years ago.

The victim was his wife, but he was never charged with her murder.

But now his new wife and her daughter are missing, and their family is desperate for answers.

It's the focus of this WAFF 48 Investigators Report

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=6751887

Oh good grief! What do these guys need, a written confession!?

No foul play suspected? Give me a break!

What is with these police departments? This has MURDER written all over it!
Are women and children now expendable?

Get searching!:furious:

JMHO
fran

:behindbar I bet this lawyers up and wont take a polygraph.This looks very bad for Kimberly and Haliegh.

:behindbar I bet this lawyers up and wont take a polygraph.This looks very bad for Kimberly and Haliegh.

I think this case needs some NATIONAL attention! It's sooo obvious what happened here, IMHO.:mad: I guess they're going to wait until he gets married again and after the third one disappears, THEN they'll start looking into this case! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

JMHO
fran

I think LE probably suspects the husband but can't say anything yet. They don't have any evidence about what has happened to Kim & Haleigh.

Unfortunately the husband has some experience in fooling the police (assuming he was guilty in the death of his first wife).

I think LE probably suspects the husband but can't say anything yet. They don't have any evidence about what has happened to Kim & Haleigh.

Unfortunately the husband has some experience in fooling the police (assuming he was guilty in the death of his first wife).

Well, the last article I read said they didn't suspect foul play which would mean they aren't looking in the right places. If they aren't looking, they aren't going to find her.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/118371347255460.xml&coll=1

........................snip....................

York said investigators have interviewed Barry Whitton twice, but not as a suspect. York said Whitton told investigators that his wife left him and her job.

York would not say that foul play is suspected, "but we're concerned."

"We're working on it as hard as we can. Hopefully, they'll show up alive."

..............................................................................................

His first wife disappeared too. She was a 'missing person' until they found her dead. Now his second wife AND her daughter go missing. YET, her car is at home. She had only missed one day of work in seven years, her husband doesn't report her missing but her employer did.

IMHO, this is like a blue print of several cases I've seen. :banghead:

JMHO
fran

7 years of working with only 1 day missed... never contacted her employer about not coming in... new husband, a man suspected of killing a previous wife, says she left with her daughter, but didn't take her car... and to put the icing on the cake, she hasn't contacted family since going missing: what exactly is LE seeing here that makes them think that there is no suspicion of foul play? To me, it is setting off bells and whistles!!!

All you have to do in order to get away with murder is live in a podunk little town with a sad excuse for a police force and be sure to kill a woman or child, not a grown man. Have a lie ready- any old story will do, and you won't even need to get a lawyer. (unless your lawyer is your fishing/golfing buddy and part of your alibi!)
Disgusting.

oops! I'm sorry, I should have posted my last comment on the discussion board, not on the info and support.

Susan

At least someone is afraid of him!:mad:

fran

http://www.waff.com/global/story.asp?s=6756530

No word on missing mother and daughter; community scared

July 7, 2007 06:16 AM PDT

..............................snip........................

People in Section say his current wife and stepdaughter's disappearance seems all too familiar.

"Everybody in Macedonia and Section, I would say 99-percent to my knowledge is aware of Barry and circumstances that happened in his past with his first wife. And they are all literally terrified of him and what he could do them," a Section woman said.

.......................snip..........................

This weekend will be especially difficult. Kim's 37th birthday is today.

.........................snip............................

Investigators say there's no evidence of foul play in Kim and Haleigh's disappearance.

Barry Whitton is not considered a suspect.

PS.........."He's not answering his phone"

I live in Alabama, a couple of hours away from this area. I have seen nothing on our local news which comes out of Birmingham rather than Huntsville. This needs more media coverage...Anybody got any suggestions?

I live in Alabama, a couple of hours away from this area. I have seen nothing on our local news which comes out of Birmingham rather than Huntsville. This needs more media coverage...Anybody got any suggestions?

Hi raindrops--It seems unbelievable that this story is not getting more coverage--and today is Kim's birthday I read.

The only suggestion I have is to maybe get in touch with Kelly. She really is a wealth of information.

Wishing and praying for Kim and Haliegh's safe return.

Thanks for caring enough to try and do something. The world needs more people like you. :blowkiss:

ETA: Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
kelly.jolkowski(at sign)projectjason.org
Forum for News and Information

It's been 2 weeks since anyone's heard from a Jackson County mother and daughter.

Their family is pleading for help, while investigators call the disappearance suspicious.

Kimberly Whitton and Haleigh Culwell of Section have been missing since June 21st, but there's so much more to this story.

Kim's husband was a suspect in a missing person turned murder case from nearly 10-years ago.

The victim was his wife, but he was never charged with her murder.

But now his new wife and her daughter are missing, and their family is desperate for answers.

It's the focus of this WAFF 48 Investigators Report

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=6751887

soooooooooooooooo she married him...why? I dont think sooooo :bang:

I hope LE has this man under surveillance and is checking phone records, his car, etc.

7 years of working with only 1 day missed... never contacted her employer about not coming in... new husband, a man suspected of killing a previous wife, says she left with her daughter, but didn't take her car... and to put the icing on the cake, she hasn't contacted family since going missing: what exactly is LE seeing here that makes them think that there is no suspicion of foul play? To me, it is setting off bells and whistles!!!

LE isn't going to name him as a POI until they have enough goods on him to get a conviction. You can be sure they don't want him getting away with this a second time. And if the hubby is as dumb as he appears, then LE is also hoping that by publicly stating he is not a POI, he will feel confident and in his confidence make a mistake---which is exactly what will probably happen.

All you have to do in order to get away with murder is live in a podunk little town with a sad excuse for a police force and be sure to kill a woman or child, not a grown man. Have a lie ready- any old story will do, and you won't even need to get a lawyer. (unless your lawyer is your fishing/golfing buddy and part of your alibi!)
Disgusting.

Well, it just so happens that's only partly right and I should know having lived in podunk USA most of my life. The truth is this, you can get away with nearly anything as long as you're kin to the "powers that be", have enough money to pay your way to innocence, or have enough info on the "powers" to blackmail them into submission. If you don't fall into one of these three categories, then you're sunk because LE in poor little podunk towns don't get to do much more than a few minor drug busts (they never catch the big fish cause the big fish are too connected, usually connected to LE one way or another) and write a few speeding tickets to out of towners. So when a murder is committed by someone not rich, not connected and with no blackmail material, LE and the local judge have a right fun time pursuing justice and justice is usually served. And by the way, EVERYONE in podunk, including me, has a lawyer who is an old friend you grew up with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back