Missing Since: July 5, 2000 from Seabrook, New Hampshire
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: July 11, 1959
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 165 lbs
Hair Color: Graying brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Pishon may have a moustache.
He smokes cigarettes and wears contact lenses.
Medical Conditions: Pishon has been diagnosed with multiple
sclerosis. He has difficulty walking and is often in pain due to his
condition. Pishon may have been depressed at the time of his 2000
disappearance. Pishon has a history of alcohol abuse.
Clothing: Reliable Security Uniform (light blue over dark)
and new boots

Details of Disappearance
On July 4th 2000 Curtis a retired police officer arrived at his job as a security guard at Venture Corporationaround 9:30 p.m. and parked his car in the parking lot--about eight feet from the guard shack. He chatted briefly with the guard he was relieving--who later told police that Curtis did not appear depressed or upset. Around midnight, Curtis' supervisor checked on him and reported no problems. Then at 2 a.m. Curtis called the Fire Department to report that his car was on fire. The car was engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived just a few minutes later. Firefighters told police that Curtis was remarkably calm despite what was happening to his car. The last entry in his guard log was at 2 a.m., when he reported the fire. A few plant workers taking a break saw him at approximately 3:15 a.m. The first person to notice that he was missing was a worker who arrived at the plant at 3:45 a.m. About the same time, a night-shift foreman reported seeing two vehicles racing out of the driveway, but he was unable to give a description of the cars to police. When Curtis' relief arrived the next morning Curtis was nowhere to be found.
If Curtis deliberately disappeared, his family and police are left with the mystery of where he went. There has been no activity on his bank accounts or credit cards. His family does not believe Curtis killed himself. His sister believes that her brother would have wanted his body found and would have left a note if he committed suicide. Moreover, Hampton Police found his pistol in his hotel room still wrapped in the bag that it was in when he bought it from his father.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Seabrook Police Department
603-474-5200
OR
Seabrook Police Crime Line
603-474-2640

Source Information
Rino Kids
Seabrook Police Department

http://www.nampn.org/cases/pishon_curtis.html

Astrid and Nicholas Pishon of Hopkinton live with "a constant heartache" seven years after their son Curtis disappeared.

Pishon, who would turn 48 today , worked for the Reliable Security Guard Agency at Venture Corporation in Seabrook when he went missing under suspicious circumstances the morning of July 5, 2000.

Those with information about the disappearance of Curtis Pishon are urged to contact the Seabrook Police Crime Line at 474-2640 or the Seabrook Police Department at 474-5200.

"I feel there are people out there who know what happened," Seabrook Police Detective Sgt. Michael Gallagher said. "What their reasons are for not coming forward, I don't know, but it must be a burden on the conscience of anyone who knows what happened that night."

"If someone knows something, or knows of someone with key information, put yourself in our place if this was your son or brother, and come forward," said Astrid.

Pishon's shift at Venture Corporation began around 11 p.m. on July 4, 2000. Venture Corporation made plastic parts for automobiles, and is no longer in business.

It is believed that a Venture supervisor checked in with Pishon about 3:15 a.m., and that was the last time anyone saw the 5-foot, 9-inch, 165-pound security guard. By the time Pishon's relief reported for duty between 4 and 6 a.m., he had disappeared.

Seabrook police searched Venture and found only a vandalized vending machine and a kicked-in door. Inside the guard shack were Pishon's personal belongings: his lunch, contact lens case and solution, cigarettes and lighter. But there were no clues as to what happened to Pishon, a former Army soldier and 10-year Concord Police Department officer whose diagnosis of multiple sclerosis ended that career in 1994.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070711/NEWS/707110367

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...-search-of-missing-new-hampshire-man-20100405

Updated: Monday, 05 Apr 2010, 6:32 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 05 Apr 2010, 3:50 PM EDT

SEABROOK, N.H. (FOX 25 / myfoxboston) - Police are digging up a pool in a New Hampshire backyard in connection with the search for the body of a missing Venture Corporation security guard.

Curtis Pishon, who was 40 at the time of his disappearance, went missing on July 5, 2000 during the early morning hours of his work shift.

:bump: for Curtis. :beats:

Snipped:

Pishon's vehicle caught fire in the parking lot sometime after his supervisor's phone call and was a total loss. He summoned the fire department at approximately 2:00 a.m. A firefighter reported that Pishon seemed calm despite the condition of his car. Pishon's last entry in his log book was placed at 2:00 a.m. upon the fire department's arrival at the scene. Several co-workers taking a break saw Pishon walking around Venture Corporation at approximately 3:15 a.m. Pishon has never been seen again

I was following this case for awhile but I haven't heard anything in years. Anything new?

Obviously, with all his things left at work, and his car oddly catching on fire there had to be some foul play here. I was always interested in the car fire, very strange. Cars typically don't just catch on fire when parked. That always seemed like it was some intentional way of drawing Curtis away from his office.

Seabrook has it's popular greyhound racing park, lots of betting and money tied up there. I always wondered if the disappearance had something to do with a debt of some sort.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

After some curiosity and renewed interest in the case I searched around a bit more regarding Curt's disappearance.

Apparently a former coworker from Venture Corp has been the person of interest in this case since 2005. Robert April worked with Curtis and supposedly was the one who threatened him over a parking ticket he issued to him at work.

He expressed being worried about his safety at work and also about illegal activities going on at Venture. In fact, he bought back his police issued 9mm from his dad just before he vanished, which was recovered at his residence still in the bag his dad put it in. Sadly, had Curtis had the gun with him that night I think he'd still be with us.

Robert April has had several run ins with the law. Notably, he was never charged in any instances because either witnesses recanted their statements or simply chose not to testify.

At one point Robert April threatened the younger brother of a person who owed him a small amount of money. The 17 year old stated to police April told him he was going to slit his brother's throat, and his body would never be found, like the missing Seabrook man (Pishon) who he killed and buried in his yard.

I believe the teen eventually refused to testify as charges were dropped. Subsequently, police went digging at two locations, one a backyard pool (April's residence?) and also I believe at a nearby park. Nothing was found.

After some extensive reading it seems pretty clear the Pishon family, Seabrook police, the community all know April was involved. However, with no confession, no body and witnesses too scared to come forward, it still remains a cold case 14 years later.

The family even showed their disgust with Curt's murderer still walking free and linked to an article about April being stabbed in the head by his own son after a physical altercation. Not exactly a stand up guy, but very lucky. The police know, and April knows the police know. It must be incredibly frustrating to both the police and family. There seems like there have been many anonymous tips implicating April and perhaps others but nothing solid, and no body.

Obviously, people are scared to implicate him. He likely got away with murder and no one wants the same fate as Curtis. Sadly, for now the guy who likely had a part in his murder walks free. However, I'm still confident someday there will be an arrest.

My theory is that Pishon knew April was trouble. Being threatened by him genuinely scared him, thus getting his old police gun back. He may have had some inclination of April being engaged in illegal activities at work, there was some talk about parking lot drug deals etc.

Robert April and his accomplices were probably engaging in petty thefts around Venture Corp, this time they were probably going for a bigger payday so they decide to torch the security officers car to distract him while they commit the thefts.

However the blaze is quickly put out and while Curtis does not typically walk the premises due to his multiple scoliosis, he decides to on that night.

Sometime after 3 am on July 5th, 2000 Curtis Pishon likely encountered April and others involved in a theft, whether it was the petty vending machine break in or something more elaborate.

They likely beat Curt to death, afraid they would be arrested, fired or both. Being disabled due to his MS, he was unable to defend himself. There was no mention of any forensics recovered from Venture, so I do think blunt force trauma is what the cause of death was.

It's anyone's guess what happened to Curtis Pishon next. Inevitably his body was taken by car but to where, no one knows. Maybe he was dismembered and scattered about. Perhaps he was cast out to the vast depths of the Atlantic Ocean. Maybe even April himself already admitted it - in his back yard.

If Robert April did in fact dispose of the remains on his property, there's a good chance he may have gone so far as moving them or hiding them better once police started excavating for clues.

One thing is for sure though. Human beings are fallible. A mistake will inevitably be made that leads to justice. In this case I believe someone will eventually come forward and solve this mystery.

"Former cop disappears without a trace"

www.seacoastonline.com/article/20001231/NEWS/312319995?cid=sitesearch

Article from early on in the case, almost 5 months after the disappearance. Nothing new, but a bit more insightful than the average blurb about this story.

Despite the Unsolved Mystery coverage there was few articles that went into any detail, which made this one a bit more interesting.

It seems like police did focus on Curt's job early on, but had nothing solid to go with.

With July 4th approaching we are officially at 15 years. No real leads. No arrests. No body. No closure. I feel so bad for the Pishon family.

On a side note, the Topix forums has had some interesting discussions on the case. All locals, albeit anonymous ones.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=topix+curtis+pishon+site:www.topix.com

I think a lot of the residents may know as much as police, if not more. It's just that code of silence that hinders the whole operation.

"15 years later, Pishon family still hopeful case will be solved"

http://www.newburyportnews.com/news/local_news/years-later-pishon-family-still-hopeful-case-will-be-solved/article_ac166c3c-3fca-5678-b188-8a382ad11f88.html

“Seabrook is a very tight-knit community and I believe the vast majority of Seabrook residents know who committed this homicide,” Gallagher said recently. “But it’s difficult to amass the probable cause needed to make an arrest without people being willing to come forward. The Mafia’s code of silence has nothing on the one you’ll find in Seabrook. And there are those who are afraid of the person we believe committed this crime.”

Gallagher began his investigation with them. He found that sometime during the night, a Venture forklift had been used to break into a change or vending machine that was near the company lunch room.
“I believe that sometime during that break-in, Curt came across some employees in commission of the crime,” Gallagher said. “At that point, I believe a struggle or physical altercation occurred, and Curt was killed. He was in poor health because he had multiple sclerosis, and it was not their intent to kill him, but that’s what happened.”

WMUR news had a quick special about the case to coincide with the 15th year of his disappearance. It's probably still on their website.

Nothing new but it's good to still see coverage.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about NH's cold case unit examining this. I think all dots have been connected here and they just need a team other than local PD to start actively looking at this again.

WMUR news had a quick special about the case to coincide with the 15th year of his disappearance. It's probably still on their website.

Nothing new but it's good to still see coverage.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about NH's cold case unit examining this. I think all dots have been connected here and they just need a team other than local PD to start actively looking at this again.

Ugh. Their site is all Brady and the Pumpkin Riots. (hmm....that sounds like a good name for a rock band)

just saw this covered on Unsolved Mysteries.

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mis_curtis_pishon.htm

It was first I had heard of this case, but of course WS has a thread on it already.
It sounds like LE knows who is responsible, but can't act on it -- yet.

Unsolved Mysteries ran Curtis Pishon's story again yesterday. As usual, WebSleuths already has a thread with more information....

Bless him & his family!

After all these years I've still never seen the original UM segment. I'll have to get around to viewing it sometime.

This is one of those cases that will always bother me. And there's many others like it, unfortunately. It seems very much like police have the majority of the puzzle put together, they are just missing a few of the major pieces to achieve justice and closure.

Recently saw the old UM segment (S11) on the CP case. This is especially unsettling, given that no body has been found.

When I first saw the segment, I was under the impression that CP had burned his car himself for some reason, then ended up killing himself that same night due to depression about his life, illness, etc. However, the more I think about this - the more I realize that this is extremely unlikely. For one thing, if he killed himself I believe his body would have been found soon after.

So, I now strongly believe he was the victim of foul play. I suspect his car was burned as a distraction by criminals, so that he would be focused on putting out the fire & not noticing them as much. However, soon after I do think CP discovered them doing something illegal (possibly breaking into a vending machine, etc.) & then they killed him so he wouldn't tell anyone what they were doing/who they were. I can easily see them disposing of the body where it would be very difficult to find - possibly somewhere close by?!

This case slightly reminds me of the 1987 DK missing platinum case. I.e., a security guard working alone late @ night disappears - and is never found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back