Woman finds Burglar On Her Toilet

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. — A woman who stepped out to buy a newspaper Thursday returned home to find that an intruder had made himself comfortable — on her toilet.
The man apparently cut a screen and unlocked a door while the woman, in her 80s, was out, police said. She had noticed the man outside when she was leaving, police said.
At about 5:30 a.m., she returned and noticed that the bathroom door was closed.
When she opened the door, she saw him perched on the toilet.
"How long are you going to be?" she asked, among other things. When the man responded in Spanish, which she doesn't understand, she told him she was calling police.
He left quickly, and police are investigating.
The man is described as a Hispanic male in his late 20s. He was wearing a sleeveless black shirt, dark pants and had a tattoo on one of his upper arms.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289162,00.html

OK...my question is...Why is an 80+ year old woman out at 5:30 am buying a newspaper?! (Starting a fund for her to have a paper delivered!) LOL

FREDERICKSBURG, Va. — A woman who stepped out to buy a newspaper Thursday returned home to find that an intruder had made himself comfortable — on her toilet.
The man apparently cut a screen and unlocked a door while the woman, in her 80s, was out, police said. She had noticed the man outside when she was leaving, police said.
At about 5:30 a.m., she returned and noticed that the bathroom door was closed.
When she opened the door, she saw him perched on the toilet.
"How long are you going to be?" she asked, among other things. When the man responded in Spanish, which she doesn't understand, she told him she was calling police.
He left quickly, and police are investigating.
The man is described as a Hispanic male in his late 20s. He was wearing a sleeveless black shirt, dark pants and had a tattoo on one of his upper arms.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289162,00.html

OK...my question is...Why is an 80+ year old woman out at 5:30 am buying a newspaper?! (Starting a fund for her to have a paper delivered!) LOL

I was thinking the same thing! LOL... And her asking, "how long are you going to be?" lol Some elderly people are so matter-of -fact and have the you-know -whats to handle situations.

Seriously though, thank goodness she wasn't physically harmed.

Oh geez thank God he didnt hurt her. I would of had a heart attack right there on the spot if I opened up my bathroom and saw someone on my toilet...:silenced:

Oh geez thank God he didnt hurt her. I would of had a heart attack right there on the spot if I opened up my bathroom and saw someone on my toilet...:silenced:

I am also so glad she did not get hurt! I probably would have had a heart attack too but I also would have been ticked off that a perfect stranger did THAT in my bathroom! EWWWWW! The whole thing would have to be bleached out! LOL

The lady must be very calm to have been asking the man how long he was going to be. I'd be trying to get out of there before he got his pants up and could give chase.

Sounds almost like a homeless guy, down on his luck, and not wanting to poo on the streets. Maybe all he wanted was to be able to sit in a private bathroom to do his business at his leisure? Or, he was also going to rob the place, but got stopped before he got to that business. *wry*

I was thinking the same thing! LOL... And her asking, "how long are you going to be?" lol Some elderly people are so matter-of -fact and have the you-know -whats to handle situations.

Seriously though, thank goodness she wasn't physically harmed.

I did not think it was odd that she went out to get the paper.
Possibly she enjoys doing that every morning?

I did not think it was odd that she went out to get the paper.
Possibly she enjoys doing that every morning?

I see what you're saying Amraann, but the story said she went out to buy the paper and it struck me as just being too dangerous for her be out at 5:30 a.m. as it's probably still dark.

What a delightful sense of humor this woman has to ask him how long he was going to be! I just love her!

I do too! And I think this helped the situation a lot. Had she screamed or something like that I think it may have scared or startled the guy into a bad reaction.

This probably happened every day since most people buy a newspaper everyday,..only this time he got caught! lol!:p

Do any of you watch "it takes a theif?" Well, since I started watching that show, I decided that I would get so mad if a burglar took my remotes like that guy does (he steals the remotes if he can't take the Tv's, just to "get" at the owner's). Well... after reading this I have decided if the burglar decided to stop and take a dump at my house, I'd be even madder.

My first thought was too, why is she out so late/early? I read this to my hubby and he said "cause she wanted to and she can" LOL

When an elderly lady decides she is doing something...no matter what time...shes doing it LOL

She needs to have a newspaper carrier like ours--we get our paper delivered every morning at 5 AM

I guess it must be true..."When ya gotta go...ya gotta go." LMAO

I hope they find and catch this creep! I can't wait to read his arrest warrant. (I would serve it on TP!)

I live in VA and it's not really too dark at 5:30 a.m. I have to let my dog out to potty about that time and it's not bad. She's probably done this for years and thinks nothing of it. Also at that time of morning there probably isn't much traffic and she feels okay to drive.
I love that she stayed so calm. I wonder if it kinda caught the guy off guard that she was so calm. I'm just glad he didn't hurt her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back