The Ruffle on JAR's Bed

maketoast

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.maketoast.com
Take a look at this photo.
jardustruffle.gif

Could it be that if there was a Perp. he was under the bed waiting for the Ramsey’s to fall asleep? It would have given him perfect access to see what was going on in JonBenet’s room. What is your take on this? Is this something important in this case, or is this just something that isn’t that big of deal? I guess it just depends on how you look at everything. What is your opinion?

In my opinion, that ruffle doesn't mean a thing since they owned a dog. Lots of dogs go in and out from under a bed. Could have been theirs liked to do the same thing. If they didn't have a dog, and if you could prove that nothing was ever stored under that bed, then I might take it more seriously.

maketoast said:
Take a look at this photo.
jardustruffle.gif

Could it be that if there was a Perp. he was under the bed waiting for the Ramsey’s to fall asleep? It would have given him perfect access to see what was going on in JonBenet’s room. What is your take on this? Is this something important in this case, or is this just something that isn’t that big of deal? I guess it just depends on how you look at everything. What is your opinion?

Look at your own head. See how far your eyes are down from the top of your head? The intruder would have to have stuck his head out from under the bed to at least the number of inches from the top of his head to his eyes, in order to see out. So you would have a high risk of the ruffle sticking out farther than it is shown. Then consider that in order to get back out from under the bed, the intruder would have had to push the ruffle up so it was almost parallel to the floor just to get his body out. Now, do you want to propose that the intruder, having pushed the ruffle out very far, then bothered to push it back in such a way that it still stood out oddly? I think not. If the intruder wanted to put things back the way they were, then it ought to be straight as the rest of the ruffle is, if, in fact, the ruffle was originally straight down to begin with. But if it was not, if it just got out of place when Patsy took the suitcases out from under the bed and she briefly smoothed it back, then the ruffle's state is simply a reflection of something Patsy did not care about at the moment, and if anything has been learned about Patsy, it is that she only cares about appearances if another person will be impressed with her care. She expected nobody to pay particular attention to that ruffle, so she would have no reason to smooth it back perfectly.

Of course, we have another wild card in play, and that is the presence of children. I dare John and Patsy to testify, under oath, that they knew no children had been in that room and played in such a way as to disturb the ruffle as recently as Christmas day. Unless they can do this, and unless Burke has sworn to the truth of knowing neither he, nor JonBenet or their friends, played in that room, it is more reasonable to believe children messed it up than it is that an intruder did.

During the Ramsey's A/O the police search of the house the ruffle would have been pulled out to look under the bed.

JMO

Also, Patsy was packing for three trips and JAR's room - uh, excuse me, the "guest room" was very active that day.

It would seem at least a few in that house were looking for Jonbenet,perhaps they moved the dust ruffle while looking under. White claimed to have done a cursory search of the house,however,he was a neatnik,I would think he would put it back in it's original condition,after all didn't he lock the wine cellar door after peaking in ,and make Burke's bed ?
JMO

Lou Smit thought the ruffle on the guest room bed might be a clue. He said this in the 2nd documentary:
Also what was real interesting in this room, and it's just a small detail, is that there was a dust ruffle that was tucked in except for just a small area that seems to have been pulled out. Now does that mean that the killer may have been under that bed, we just don't know. But it’s just an observation. One of the small things that detectives look for. He could have been under there and it would be a perfect vantage point for him to go right in JonBenét's bedroom in order to take her out later.

If you have a bed with a dust ruffle, put your head under it and see if you can see out between the bottom of the ruffle and the floor. I can, but it's a limited vision. The guest room was across from JonBenét's room. Anyone hiding under the guest bed could see foot traffic in and out of her room, and could probably hear conversation near JonBenét's room.

And, as Smit said, it was just a couple of steps from the guestroom into JonBenét's room. She slept in the single bed close to her bedroom's door.

Maybe that is where the family's suitcases were stored...or perhaps JAR's Samsonite????

rope found in the room---it's possible the perp stashed it under the bed, to retrieve it later, and pulled out the bedskirt with the bag. If you look at the location of where the ruffle is pulled out, it's towards the side of the bed---seems like he would have needed more room, and exited more towards the middle. Fibers from the bag were found on JBR---and/or in her bed. The perp may have abandoned the bag and the rope and left it lying on the floor--he may have taken just the things he needed. "Maybe" he hid under the bed, but I'd think that would have left him at a disadvantage should he want to make a fast getaway.

With all the places in that house it would be silly to hide under a bed. I have kids and pets, and I have dustruffles. Those things never stay where you put them, especially when the dog grabs a toy or my purse and plays catch me if you can.
I dunno, as I have said before, you all are more up to date on the case than I am but when it first happened, I remember my gut instinct said... someone in the family did it. Things just didn't feel right. You can't convict someone on that I know, but I swear I feel those parents and Burke know a hell of a lot more than they are telling. If they didn't do it themselves, they know who did.

That dust ruffle looks like more is wrong than just the sticking out in the one segment. That whole side looks crooked, like part of it is pulled higher up onto the mattress than the other which is sticking out. It looks like it wasn't put on correctly or something made it get all crooked.

BlueCrab said:
During the Ramsey's A/O the police search of the house the ruffle would have been pulled out to look under the bed.

JMO

No doubt Blue, thats the answer. ;)
Socks

I also have dust ruffles on some of my beds and I find the ruffle to be a bit amiss every time I vacuum the room. I'm a little bit of a fanatic when it comes to these things and I tend to straighten the ruffle after vacuuming. I somehow can't picture Patsy caring about such things so maybe this ruffle has been amiss since the last vacuuming of the room.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back