TX - Terry Lee, 44, burned alive, Conroe, 15 July 2007

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Murder charges have been filed in the burning death of Texas child-welfare caseworker Terry Leigh Lee, allegedly at the hands of her new boyfriend.
John Marshall Dodd, 41, is behind bars, accused of pouring gasoline on his girlfriend of just three months during a fight, setting her on fire and then lying to police about it, saying Lee had been burned in a kitchen accident.
More than 90 percent of Lee's body was scorched in the attack late Saturday night at her home in Conroe, Texas, near Houston. The 44-year-old caseworker of Child Protective Services died Sunday night of her injuries at an area hospital.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289480,00.html

Aren't they trained professionally to see signs of abuse in relationships? Had she bothered to check...he had even served time for sexual assault! OMG! It is horrible he did this to her, but I find it so strange she of all people allowed herself to be put in such a position with this type of person. What on earth was she thinking by not having him checked out and not seeing the red flags?!

I am so sorry she suffered horrifically. Bless her and her family.

Sometimes people who should know better are the most likely to end up in trouble themselves--that same "helping" nature helps them excuse behavior in their loved ones--

As well, when you are around really atrocious behavior day in and day out, you start overlooking things in your loved ones. I've noticed that teachers who teach in tougher areas tend to excuse more behavior in their kids--simply because their "yardsticks" get adjusted to the lowest standards.

This poor woman must have been in such agony.

Sometimes people who should know better are the most likely to end up in trouble themselves--that same "helping" nature helps them excuse behavior in their loved ones--

As well, when you are around really atrocious behavior day in and day out, you start overlooking things in your loved ones. I've noticed that teachers who teach in tougher areas tend to excuse more behavior in their kids--simply because their "yardsticks" get adjusted to the lowest standards.

This poor woman must have been in such agony.

Excellent observation in a horrific case. Day to day exposure must inure one to obvious or not so obvious traits in people. I still wish she would have checked him out further.

How horrible, that poor woman, I can't imagine the pain she must've endured. May she rest in peace.

I cannot imagine such pain either. There is none greater, I am told. Bless her heart for having to endure and experience hell on earth. I pray she does rest in peace.

Murder charges have been filed in the burning death of Texas child-welfare caseworker Terry Leigh Lee, allegedly at the hands of her new boyfriend.
John Marshall Dodd, 41, is behind bars, accused of pouring gasoline on his girlfriend of just three months during a fight, setting her on fire and then lying to police about it, saying Lee had been burned in a kitchen accident.
More than 90 percent of Lee's body was scorched in the attack late Saturday night at her home in Conroe, Texas, near Houston. The 44-year-old caseworker of Child Protective Services died Sunday night of her injuries at an area hospital.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289480,00.html

Aren't they trained professionally to see signs of abuse in relationships? Had she bothered to check...he had even served time for sexual assault! OMG! It is horrible he did this to her, but I find it so strange she of all people allowed herself to be put in such a position with this type of person. What on earth was she thinking by not having him checked out and not seeing the red flags?!

I am so sorry she suffered horrifically. Bless her and her family.

Not that it makes it any less horrific, and I don't know how true this is in all cases, but I learned in nursing school that really horrible burns don't hurt that much right away. People usually die of the massive fluid loss from the damaged tissues and shock. I hope it's true for this poor woman.

I would imagine that a person would instantly go into shock too. I just can't imagine the terror that lady must have felt if she was aware at all. They had only been dating for 3 months for pity sake. I can't imagine what would possess a person to do something so horrible to another person. He must have called 911 and was there when the police came in order to tell them a big lie about what happened.

Dec. 17, 2007, 10:44PM

He asks for no leniency

By CINDY HORSWELL
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

An unemployed weightlifter told a Montgomery County district court Monday he did not want a reduced prison term for using gasoline to fatally burn his girlfriend, a state-honored Child Protective Services worker.

John Marshall Dodd, 42, of Willis, made his statement after state District Judge Suzanne Stovall accepted a
plea agreement that Dodd be sentenced to 75 years in prison for the July 14 killing of Terry Lee, 44. He faced a maximum sentence of 99 years.

Dodd said he was angry at his attorney, Benton Baker of Conroe, for not obtaining the maximum sentence, court officials said. Dodd admitted that he had in fact killed Lee. He declined to divulge why, except to say his attorney knew.

More at link

http://www.tdcaa.com/node/1686

Well.. good. I'm glad he admitted guilt and will likely be serving the rest of his life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back