NJ - Anthony Bianchi for child sex tourism North Wildwood, 2006

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Bianchi's attorney, Mark Geragos, questioned both teens about telling different versions of the stories. The younger boy denied telling different accounts. The older one, who initially told local police that nothing improper happened, bristled.
"I was ashamed," said the teen, who said he especially wanted to hide the information from his mother.
Prosecutors say Bianchi, 44, of North Wildwood, N.J., tossed money around the small, picturesque village to ingratiate himself with the local residents. They charge that Bianchi assaulted nearly a dozen teenagers in exchange for money, liquor, gifts and travel, including trips to Cuba and Romania.
Geragos said hihttp://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SEX_TOURISM?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=USs client was an easy target for blackmail and extortion because he is wealthy.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20070718_Boys_set_to_testify_in_sex-tour_case.html

Geragos also said that Bianchi is a lifelong traveler who liked to visit out-of-the-way places and had never before been in trouble.
"Nothing ever in his then-41 years on this Earth untoward is ever, ever reported, until he went to this location [in Moldova]," Geragos said. This is not true. Bianchi was convicted in 2000 in Russia for similar crimes against teenage boys. He was sentenced to three years in prison, but released under a general amnesty. Jurors here, however, probably won't hear about what happened in Russia. Generally, such a prior conviction is not admissible during a U.S. trial.
=========
more @ link

ok i get that they can not bring up the prior conviction but they should not be able to lie to the jury and say he never had any problems before.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20070718_Boys_set_to_testify_in_sex-tour_case.html

Geragos also said that Bianchi is a lifelong traveler who liked to visit out-of-the-way places and had never before been in trouble.
"Nothing ever in his then-41 years on this Earth untoward is ever, ever reported, until he went to this location [in Moldova]," Geragos said. This is not true. Bianchi was convicted in 2000 in Russia for similar crimes against teenage boys. He was sentenced to three years in prison, but released under a general amnesty. Jurors here, however, probably won't hear about what happened in Russia. Generally, such a prior conviction is not admissible during a U.S. trial.
=========
more @ link

ok i get that they can not bring up the prior conviction but they should not be able to lie to the jury and say he never had any problems before.

Geragos makes me ill! :sick: :sick:

That is curious to me as well. I would like to hear exactly what he stated in opening arguments. Attorneys are very careful about language and I did not think attorneys could outright lie in Court.

Usually, the attorneys say "We believe the evidence will show....." and I guess an argument could be made that the evidence allowed in this trial will indeed not show of any similar prior convictions.

It is a defense attorney's job to "muddy the waters" so to speak and place doubt in the minds of the jurors about the prosecution's case. In this regard, defense attorneys have an "easier" job than prosecuting attorneys.

It sounds like the state has some good evidence - 8 involved witnesses is a big deal. I don't know much about Mark Geragos, except that he's high profile and knows what he's doing. Good luck to the Pros with this case!

From one dirt bag to another one. I am sure he will get this one off so he can go out and destroy more lives. Makes me sick.

southcitymom said:
It sounds like the state has some good evidence - 8 involved witnesses is a big deal. I don't know much about Mark Geragos, except that he's high profile and knows what he's doing.:confused::confused::eek: Good luck to the Pros with this case!

I sincerely hope you are kidding about Mark Geragos knowing what he is doing. He couldn't even get Winona Ryder off on a shop lifting charge! And let's not forget how "well" he did for Scott Peterson.

He's high profile all right, and he's also "high profile common sense stupid" too!:bang:

I hope this guy that Geragos is defending has no major plans for the next 20 years of his life, because if he does, he may want to change them, POST HASTE!!!!!!

Geragos has gone as low as he can go and IMO, can now be confirmed as an idiot. ANYONE who defends a pedophile is sick.

Geragos has gone as low as he can go and IMO, can now be confirmed as an idiot. ANYONE who defends a pedophile is sick.

UM.. it would ruin our concept of justice to not defend someone.
Which version of truth would you rather have?

N.J. bizman's trial on sex charges opens

In March 2005, a U.S. customs agent inspected Anthony Mark Bianchi's luggage after an overseas trip to Moldova and found condoms, sexual lubricants, a children's game and a suspicious note.
Yesterday, during opening arguments in Bianchi's trial, Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Levy read the note to the jury.

It said: "In the future, you can depend on me for anything that you may need. I have tried to teach you life's valuable lesson - the meaning of true friendship - compromise, trust and understanding.

"I wish you good things, only good things. Your friend always, All the best, Mark."

At the end of the note Bianchi had appended a smiley-face caricature.

Levy showed the note to jurors and said it illustrated how Bianchi ingratiated himself with boys from poor European countries whom he is accused of sexually abusing on overseas trips.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20070718_N_J__bizmans_trial_on_sex_charges_opens.html

Attorney Geragos draws a crowd

One legal journal calls him one of the country's "marquee" lawyers.
And Los Angeles attorney Mark Geragos has the client list to back up the lofty description.

and

Just last week, a federal judge in California removed him from the case of a defense contractor charged with fraud because he refused to submit to a background check that would have allowed him to see classified information.

Now, Geragos is in federal court here, defending a man who is charged with traveling overseas to have sex with young boys.

During the trial's opening yesterday, the courtroom was packed with spectators.

Most of them - some aspiring lawyers - were there to see Geragos.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20070718_Attorney_Geragos_draws_a_crowd.html

So ole "Hollywood" smoke and mirrors is at it again. Cases must be hard to get ahold of these days for the famous dirt bag attorney. I see that he is on different shows lately as a talking head now and then. He stayed off TV shows for quite a while after the Peterson trial.

I wonder what he thinks he can do for this pervert when there are so many witnesses to tell of the things this man did? Glad they aren't showing this trial on CTV. I'd have to turn the channel as I can't stand to look at that disgusting defense attorney. And he will get up there and lie and think nothing of it.

Bobbi,

He thinks we've all forgotten how he handled Peterson's case. He's already lying by saying his client has never been in trouble before and he has some big conspiracy thing about the other country going after his client because he is wealthy. He has a vivid imagination...remember the satanic cult theory in the Laci Peterson case?

Bobbi,

He thinks we've all forgotten how he handled Peterson's case
. He's already lying by saying his client has never been in trouble before and he has some big conspiracy thing about the other country going after his client because he is wealthy. He has a vivid imagination...remember the satanic cult theory in the Laci Peterson case?

Or maybe he'd like to forget how "well" he handled Scott Peterson's case!!! He was so good, he couldn't even be at his client's side when he was convicted of two counts of murder. He was also so well prepared for the penalty part of the trial, that he had to get a two week delay so he could go find anyone to help spare Scott the needle!

I wouldn't have him represent me on a jay walking ticket. I'd probably end up doing ten years after he got done "defending" me!!!!!:eek:

I sincerely hope you are kidding about Mark Geragos knowing what he is doing. He couldn't even get Winona Ryder off on a shop lifting charge! And let's not forget how "well" he did for Scott Peterson.

He's high profile all right, and he's also "high profile common sense stupid" too!:bang:

I hope this guy that Geragos is defending has no major plans for the next 20 years of his life, because if he does, he may want to change them, POST HASTE!!!!!!

He didn't get Winona and Mark off because they were guilty and the evidence showed that and a jury agreed. This does not mean he's not an experienced defense attorney who knows what he's doing (ie - his way around a courtroom). He will make the Pros work hard for a verdict - which is good - just like he did with the Pros in the Winona and Petersen cases.

Under our system of justice, if we don't have people willing to defend anyone (pedophile or other) who is accused of a crime, we will not be able to get convictions of these criminals.

I am deeply grateful for people willing to do this - otherwise, we wouldn't have a chance to put these people behind bars.

Therefore, anyone who defends a pedophile is a hero as far as I'm concerned.

He didn't get Winona and Mark off because they were guilty and the evidence showed that and a jury agreed. This does not mean he's not an experienced defense attorney who knows what he's doing (ie - his way around a courtroom). He will make the Pros work hard for a verdict - which is good - just like he did with the Pros in the Winona and Petersen cases.

Well, I seem to remember Geragos saying that "Scott was stone cold innocent." And what was excuse for not being there when the verdict came in for Scott? Oh yeah, Mr. Important had to be LA for another case, but I don't believe the LA client was looking at the death penalty. A good attorney would have stayed with his client who was facing the death penalty.

I personally don't believe Geragos knows his way around the courtroom at all. He does however, know how to keep his cell phone glued to his ears.

UM.. it would ruin our concept of justice to not defend someone.
Which version of truth would you rather have?
hmm i would think the truth would work for me. defend his client with the truth. say we have no 1 who witnessed the crime. say we have no dna. say their is no photo's. point out why the boys might lie. do not play with words to say he has never been convicted of a crime like this when you know he has. i dont want a DA like in the duke case who lies. it is not justice. i dont want a guy like Geragos who lies to a jury because rules of evidence keep the truth away from them. he should force the DA to prove his case and impeach the evidence they supply with some sort of ethics.

He's using the Michael Jackson defense.....but he forgets this SOB isn't famous....the jury will convict just like they did Snotty Scotty

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back