17-Month Run Over, Killed

Not another one; that's very sad. We need to guard little ones so carefully; people are not always careful with their cars; also can't see well out of SUV's or other large cars.

You know, when this was being reported, the experts kept focusing on the need to walk around your car to be sure that the area is clear before you drive off. However, no one said anything about the Mother setting the baby down by the driveway in the car seat! Is it just me?

You know, when this was being reported, the experts kept focusing on the need to walk around your car to be sure that the area is clear before you drive off. However, no one said anything about the Mother setting the baby down by the driveway in the car seat! Is it just me?

I hear ya. I drive a suv and have for many years now. I make it a point to hardly EVER back up. Most accidents occur when backing so to avoid the whole thing I just don't do it.

In this case, the car pulled forward. Putting the baby down by the driveway obviously was not wise - where was the mother?

If the baby was by the passenger side; I'm sure the driver couldn't see it over there. It certainly doesn't sound like it was the driver's fault in any way.

Sounds like an unfortunate accident. It could be the group was rushing around trying to get everyone ready to go to the wedding. The mom sat the baby down getting ready to load him/her in the car and then had to go back in for something. I've sat things down beside the car while I was loading it for a trip. Never my child but other things. Poor baby. The lady that hit the child must feel horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back