Tammy Faye

It broke my heart tonight to see her :( I must say the way she was talking she is at peace with her illness family and god.Which I found very comforting.No disrespect to her or anyone else but I wonder if she has tried to smoke marijuana.She just looked so frail and she said all she ate was chicken noodle soup and rice pudding.:( Soo sad.

God Bless her. She just needs to go to sleep and not wake up. I do not know how her family is holding up, but can just imagine watching her waste away must be breaking their hearts.

I saw her last night on LKL, tonight they had her son and showed more clips of her. It's going to be a long time before I can forget that. I cry for her and all that love her. She didn't deserve this.

Ive been watching some reality show where they have basically "has been" or actors and people that once were popular and is no more and they are all living together in Glen Campbles old mansion...anyhow Tammy is on it and she doesnt look anything at all lke the peron in this picture
I dont know how old the show is but I was assuming it was recent.

Ive been watching some reality show where they have basically "has been" or actors and people that once were popular and is no more and they are all living together in Glen Campbles old mansion...anyhow Tammy is on it and she doesnt look anything at all lke the peron in this picture
I dont know how old the show is but I was assuming it was recent.

You're watching "The Surreal Life". She was on it in 2004. She had the cancer then....it just wasn't nearly as progressed.

I too saw her on LKL last night. It just broke my heart to see her that way....so thin and fragile. She has an incredible resolve and seems to be quite a sweetheart. I love her spirit....it does not seem to be one bit broken (though I'm sure it is in some ways). What an amazing woman to still be able to have a sense of humor through all of this. WHen they asked her what she wanted to be remembered for, she said "Oh, my eyelashes!"
Classic.

My heart aches for her suffering too. I just don't "get" all that makeup but it's pretty obvious she thinks it's attractive. Poor thing. I hope she'll be *home* soon with her Lord. I can't imagine weighing only 65 lbs. Ugh.

It was so sad to see her that way. I felt bad for her and I hope she has a peaceful passing.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing--She looked like a monster, she hardly looked human--The poor thing is down to only 65 pounds--She must have only days to live--It was horrible bad luck that her colon cancer,which she thought she had beaten, had spread to her lungs... and now she has been completely ravaged by it--awful sight

It broke my heart to see her on television last night. However, I gained alot of insight from her struggle and journey. She feels at peace with her life, and thats a wonderful thing. I feel that she is just waiting until the Lord takes her home. Once there, she will feel peace.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing--She looked like a monster, she hardly looked human--The poor thing is down to only 65 pounds--She must have only days to live--It was horrible bad luck that her colon cancer,which she thought she had beaten, had spread to her lungs... and now she has been completely ravaged by it--awful sight

Wouldn't that be the most logical thought? And yet, bodies can withstand so much more than what we think they can. And when they waste away, it typically takes a loooong time. No one knows for sure, of course, but I imagine Tammy Faye still has a LOT of physical suffering to endure before she's done. Sad.

I remember the days when the media would mock her and make fun of her overdone makeup. I have grown to really like her throughout the years. She has handled adversity very well and is always so upbeat. May the Lord be with her and take her into His loving arms. My father died of colon cancer. It also spread to his liver and lungs and he had painful tumors on his hips. It is very sad. Life is fragile, and you never know what the future holds. :eek:

Nan, I have grown to like her a lot as well. I admire her strength and her faith. I cried and cried last night during her interview with Larry King. What an amazing woman. She certainly doesn't deserve the suffering she is enduring. I'm going to pray for her every day.

When I saw my MIL last weekend, we were talking about Tammy Faye. Apparently she met her and had lunch with her 2 times. She lived in Palm Desert and Tammy Faye was a guest at their ladies' club luncheon. She said Tammy was so nice and really very funny. MIL said that she never expected her to have such a great sense of humor and be such a fun person. I wish she didn't have to endure this suffering. Of course, I wish that for all the sick and suffering, but this seems like such a slow and painful way to go.

She's always had a wonderful sense of humor. That's such an attractive quality to me.

In a strange way I've grown to like her too over the past few years. I hope she is taken "home" soon so that she's at peace.

She and her family are in my prayers.

My Dad died back in '88 from lung cancer and lost MUCH weight too. I was away at college at it was finals week in December. He didn't have the opportunity to be at home or Hospice though in his last day's and the first time they gave him morphine in the hospital he died because I guess he finally let go. I'm assuming Tammy Faye isn't taking drugs like that, because she is STILL fighting, is still lucid. She is blessed to have a spouse and daughter and friend that take care of her in her own home, she's made it longer than most do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back