Chihuahua saves tot from rattler

aussiegran

Reaction score
:dance: Masonville — Zoey is a Chihuahua, but when a rattlesnake lunged at her owners' 1-year-old grandson, she was a real bulldog. Booker West was splashing his hands in a birdbath in his grandparents' northern Colorado backyard when the snake slithered up to the toddler, rattled and struck. Five-pound Zoey jumped in the way and took the bites

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_6438669

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :) thank you Zoey!

I was hoping there was a pic of Zoey in the link. That little dog should be pampered for the rest of her life.

What a good dog!

That reminds me of a cartoon I saw in the New Yorker once, with one highbrow-looking pooch saying to another:

"It's always 'Good dog, good dog'; why never 'Great dog'?"

This chihuahua gets the Great Dog:) accolade!

That is a cute story but in reality the snake was probably attracted to the dog as a food source to begin with.

It is highly unlikely that the snake would sneak up on the child and attack...
Typically a rattler will not sneak up and attack a human. Even a human child is to large a prey for a rattler.
People who are attacked have usually inadvertently walked up on a rattler and startled it .

I have 3 chihuahuas and I can guarantee none of them would save me! :)

I have 3 chihuahuas and I can guarantee none of them would save me! :)

I have two and my four pounder would never save me, I could maybe see my fat 11 pounder with the thyroid problem trying to save me only if his food source was threatened ;)

I have two and my four pounder would never save me, I could maybe see my fat 11 pounder with the thyroid problem trying to save me only if his food source was threatened ;)

Hi, Gmommy!

Your post made me smile :)

Hope we're never in the position where our chihuahuas have to save us!

Good dog, lucky child.

Our beagle was bitten by a rattlesnake once, and she almost didn't survive either. It cost us big bucks to make her well. The treatment and antivenom are very expensive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back