FL - Amanda Buckley, 18, raped & murdered, Palm Beach Gardens, 19 July 2007

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290564,00.html
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — A 26-year-old man was held Tuesday on suspicion of first-degree murder and sexual battery after his father found a woman's body in his closet, authorities said.
Jason Shenfeld's parents noticed their son seemed nervous and was locking his bedroom door. When his father went into Shenfeld's room on Friday night, he found 18-year-old Amanda Buckley's body stuffed in his closet, according to a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office report.
Click here to visit the Foxnews.com Crime Center.

Shenfeld told his father the teen had overdosed on drugs and he panicked, the report said.
However, investigators say they found duct tape in Buckley's hair, bruises on her body and evidence of rape, according to the report.
An autopsy revealed the girl was strangled, beaten and sexually abused.
=========
more @ link.

OMG! How horrible. At least the parents called the cops. The articles says that he was charged with sexually assaulting two women earlier this year.

Oh, My! How long has she been missing? What a terrible thing to find out this way your son is a sadistic murderer. I feel for the parents, but glad they caught him and can return her home. There are always so many lives affected by their cruelty and disdain for life.

OMG! I'm so sorry for this girl and her family.

I wish I could figure out what's going on with this world. :(

Shenfeld told his father that the teen overdosed on drugs and he panicked, a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office report states. Then he fled.
Investigators found duct tape in Buckley's hair, bruises on her body and evidence of rape, according to the report. They also found a garbage bag filled with duct tape and rope.
An autopsy Saturday revealed that the college-bound softball star was strangled, beaten in the head and sexually abused.
Shenfeld was arrested that night on a warrant alleging first-degree murder, sexual battery and false imprisonment.
But before calling 911, Shenfeld's father and uncle left his mother at their Ardel Drive home with Buckley's body and drove to an attorney's house to bring him back to the scene.
The lawyer had represented Jason Shenfeld before.
About eight months ago, two women, ages 18 and 19, told Palm Beach County sheriff's investigators that Shenfeld forced them to perform a variety of sex acts, both on him and on each other, at the North Palm Beach home where he formerly lived.
They had been drinking rum, passed out and awoke to find him naked and dragging them into his bedroom, a report says.
The teens told a detective that Shenfeld carried a knife with a footlong blade and threatened to sic his pit bull on them if they resisted. He bound them with duct tape, they said.
The detective saw the young women's scrapes and scratches and found DNA evidence at the scene. But prosecutors declined to file charges of armed sexual battery and false imprisonment Jan. 31, saying the allegations could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.
==========
alot more @ link.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/07/24/m1a_pbgmurder_0724.html

But before calling 911, Shenfeld's father and uncle left his mother at their Ardel Drive home with Buckley's body and drove to an attorney's house to bring him back to the scene.

and

But prosecutors declined to file charges of armed sexual battery and false imprisonment Jan. 31, saying the allegations could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

WTF?!

Oh, My! How long has she been missing? What a terrible thing to find out this way your son is a sadistic murderer. I feel for the parents, but glad they caught him and can return her home. There are always so many lives affected by their cruelty and disdain for life.
Buckley, a well-liked 18-year-old who accepted a scholarship to attend college in Tampa, was becoming friends with Shenfeld when she joined him and his family on a trip Wednesday, sheriff's investigators said Monday.
Detectives think she was assaulted and died late Thursday.

At the scene, investigators found a dark piece of duct tape in her hair. They also found a matching roll of tape and a blue and white rope inside a black, white and red backpack found on top of her body, according to the arrest report.

Medical examiners found that Buckley died of strangulation. They also noticed hemorrhages on her neck and bruises on her legs
her body was found on saturday. i found this info @ this link. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-flpbuckley0724pnjul24,0,3673806.story

I am never again going to be able to tease my daughter about her room being so messy it could hide a body of one of her friends that got lost in there - without thinking of this poor girl!

I'll guarantee you that there would be no parent funded attorney in sight if that was my child. Sounds like he certainly has a problem in this area that has either not been addressed or not been fixed. Locked up is probably the safest place for him to be.

I'll guarantee you that there would be no parent funded attorney in sight if that was my child. Sounds like he certainly has a problem in this area that has either not been addressed or not been fixed. Locked up is probably the safest place for him to be.
I agree with you. This boy has serious problems. Where were his parents when this was taking place? That poor girl, such a bright future ahead.

I agree, except locked up is being too nice.

This guy had a history. He was 26, Amanda was 18. He's living with his parents. His parents ensure he has a lawyer. They (and this man's uncle) get that lawyer before they call the cops. They do his laundry. They write letters to judges thanking them for giving their son a second chance, saying he's turned his life around. His previous rape charges were dropped because of a technicality.

He should be given life in prison at the LEAST. But this guy isn't the only one who should be punished.

His parents should be punished. The courts should be punished for dropping rape charges. His uncle should be punished.

This is an embarrassment. To think that humanity has come to this is more than disheartening.

From Thursday until Saturday? Surely the parents noticed the smell and probably the real reason they checked the closet. As I understand it, it is the most permeating odor imaginable and it is unmistakable.

The parents could be the type that cover their heads and really do not want to see the truth. Denial of a problem does indicate they have their own issues and have contributed, if inadvertantly, to his. I don't foresee charges being brought on them as they did turn him in.

From Thursday until Saturday? Surely the parents noticed the smell and probably the real reason they checked the closet. As I understand it, it is the most permeating odor imaginable and it is unmistakable.

The parents could be the type that cover their heads and really do not want to see the truth. Denial of a problem does indicate they have their own issues and have contributed, if inadvertantly, to his. I don't foresee charges being brought on them as they did turn him in.

The thing with the parents that gets me is they waited until they got their lawyer before calling LE. There's an 18-year-old girl lying dead in their son's closet, and the first thing they think to do is get their lawyer? How disrespectful! To the girl and to her family! It makes me think they completely overlooked the fact that this girl had a life and a family, and was taken from them by their son. I don't care how much I love my family, but if I were to find a girl's body in my son's closet, the first call would be to LE. If it were my daughter found in the man's closet, I would hope that the family has more of a heart than these people.

and

But prosecutors declined to file charges of armed sexual battery and false imprisonment Jan. 31, saying the allegations could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

WTF?!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

OMG How horrible......WTF waiting for an attorney.... and from Thursday until Saturday.....:behindbar

My family is the same way, no bail outs, no way. Perhaps that's why we've always kept our noses clean. We were always raised to know we were responsible for our own behavior - the good stuff and the consequences of the bad stuff.

OMG! What a horrible story. I remember watching the sports report last year about her pitching a no hitter. She was talented and beautiful young woman. I feel so badly for her loved ones.

The rapist murderer is suppose to be 26???
He looks 46. What a creep and why does he still live with his parents?

Is North Palm Beach one of those ritzy snooty areas? Most people wouldn't have enough money to get a lawyer to come to their home where there was a dead murdered raped young woman before calling police. These people should have believed the two previous young girls and no telling what all else they did know about over the years. The rapist/murderer should have been locked up soon as they knew he was a predator. If the idiot prosecutor didn't have enough to go on, then the parents could have had him committed instead of sheltering a rapist.

My family is the same way, no bail outs, no way. Perhaps that's why we've always kept our noses clean. We were always raised to know we were responsible for our own behavior - the good stuff and the consequences of the bad stuff.

That is the way I was raised too and that is the way that I raised my 4 kids and my granddaughter. You do the crime you do the time. That is life like it or not.

Why didn't the parents call the attorney if they just had to have him and ask him to come over to their house? He could have come on his own and they could have called 911 before they even called him. Sounds to me like they are still looking out for their 26!!!!! year old son first and foremost.

What is a 26 year old doing living at home and why is he with 18 yr old girls? The other girls that he forced to do dirty things with him were in their teens too. Must be something wrong with him besides being a pervert. Looking at his picture I don't see what young girls like all three of them would even see in him.

I would guess that he won Amanda's confidence and didn't try to mess around with her for awhile and then when they got back from where ever they went with his parents... he decided that enough time had gone by and wanted more then she wanted to give. Sounds like he duct taped her up and then raped her and then killed her.

I wonder how that Pros feels now after letting this freak go unpunished for what he did to those two girls. I'll bet he believes their story now. Couldn't he still prosecute him for those two rapes? This guy has been into nothing but trouble for a long time. I hope he gets LWOP and when he gets to prison he will find out how it feels to be raped and abused over and over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back