GUILTY CT - Thomas Hooks, trucker, for kidnapping, rape, Ashford, 2006

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Confrontation In Court
Victim Challenges Her Attacker As He Is Sentenced

DANIELSON - Standing in court Tuesday, just feet from the truck driver who kidnapped, raped and threatened to kill her, his 31-year-old victim demanded that he look at her before he begins serving 30 years in prison for the crime.

"I am a human being," the Ashford woman told Thomas E. Hooks in an unwavering voice. "You have made me afraid of nothing, but you made my family afraid of everything. I will never think of you again after today, but I assure you, you will think of me for the rest of your life."

As Superior Court Judge Antonio Robaina sentenced Hook, 51, of Florida, to 30 years in prison for kidnapping and aggravated sexual assault, prosecutors said he probably will be charged in a similar attack in Maryland, where authorities matched his DNA in a rape case.

~much more at link, including how this sicko tricked women into stopping to help him~

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/topnews/hc-rapesentence0725.artjul25,0,5607702.story

Good for her, it took guts to face him in court like that.

I see he trotted out the usual platitudes about finding God.

It really did take courage and I hope she feels better after her chance to confront him. I will bet she was sickened by his words.

It's scary that it is that easy to trick women into stopping to help and I wonder if he is responsible for any missing women along his route.

I am very proud of this lady!
She is very lucky to of lived thru her ordeal.
May he rot in hell!!!!!!!

What incredible courage this woman has!! Good for her!! :clap: :clap:

What a monster. I wonder how many other victims are out there?

Is the justice system learning anything about releasing these predators from prison? They need to stay there for life.

Good for her! I hope both of her predictions come true, that she never thinks of him again and that he can't stop thinking about her.

I'll bet there are many more victims out there. Wonder how many are dead and reported missing?

I'm proud of the victim. I hope it did her good to confront this scum in court.

For the victim...:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
A brave lady!

At the trial of one of my pen pals, his victim flipped him a bird while staring him straight in the face. It was many years after his crime to her, and he had already gone through the not caring part (drugs numbed him, I assume) and really did feel remorse... but he said when she did that, he had to work really hard to hide his smile because he felt that she must have worked through the fear he realized he caused her, and at that moment, he felt she was going to be alright. He was worried she'd misinterpret the smile as something bad, when it really was his pleasure that she was not still in fear.

This lady is right - he won't forget her. Especially if the crime is still new and he still feels like what he did doesn't matter. She stuck one in - good for her!

From 2015:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...over-rape-sentencing-1119-20151118-story.html

A truck driver from Florida was sentenced Tuesday to 35 years in prison for a 2005 rape near Arundel Mills mall in Hanover.

Thomas Hooks, 60, pleaded guilty in Anne Arundel Circuit Court to first-degree rape for the incident on Nov. 3, 2005.

Hooks was charged in 2007, while he was incarcerated in Connecticut for a separate abduction and sexual assault, but a warrant wasn't served until last year, according to online court records.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back