FL - Inmate Convicted Of Indecent Exposure For Masturbating In Cell

White Rain

Reaction score
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — A Florida jail inmate was convicted of indecent exposure after a guard complained that he had masturbated in his cell.
A jury took 45 minutes to convict Terry Lee Alexander, 20, of the misdemeanor on Wednesday. The judge sentenced him to 60 days in the county jail. He had faced up to a year.
In November, Broward County Deputy Coryus Veal, who was monitoring Alexander's cell from a centrally located control room, saw him masturbating while he was sitting on his bunk, alone in his cell. She testified that she brought the charge against him the third time he masturbated in view of her.
Veal has brought similar charges against seven other inmates in six months.
The sheriff's office encourages deputies to file criminal charges to discourage masturbating in the county's jails, said Elliot Cohen, an agency spokesman. He said privacy is one of the rights inmate give up in jail.
Kathleen McHugh, Alexander's attorney, said her client did nothing wrong. She said he was alone in his cell, which was not open to the public.
more at link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290883,00.html

What else are they supposed to do:confused: .....maybe she should have turned her head for 5 minutes.

If he had a blanket he could have covered himself or something. By saying that he does this in full view of the guard sounds like it is on purpose to expsoe himself to her.

She was watching him on a monitor....I dont know whether he would know she was watching or not:confused: .......she has also bought the same charges against 7 other inmates in the last 6 months....I just think it better that they relieve themselves this way rather than raping another inmate.

She was watching him on a monitor....I dont know whether he would know she was watching or not:confused: .......she has also bought the same charges against 7 other inmates in the last 6 months....I just think it better that they relieve themselves this way rather than raping another inmate.

All that does is make me wonder if they are targeting her on purpose. He was sitting in full view on his bunk. I'm with TxsVicki, he could have covered himself with a blanket.

They have to sleep under the blanket which may be why they dont want to use it for privacy purposes........if theyre doing it on purpose they are proberly getting the reaction they are after.

At the end of the 60 days, I'll bet he's busted again for the follow-up misdeweiner charge. :D :D :D

All that does is make me wonder if they are targeting her on purpose. He was sitting in full view on his bunk. I'm with TxsVicki, he could have covered himself with a blanket.

I wondered the same thing.

They have to sleep under the blanket which may be why they dont want to use it for privacy purposes........if theyre doing it on purpose they are proberly getting the reaction they are after.

They don't get blankets down here, I don't think. There's a metal slab of a bed, or if it's terribly overcrowded some army cots may be thrown into the bull pen area. The inmates are issued paper shoes, an orange jumpsuit and that is it. No underwear, no socks, no sheet, no blanket. They do have toilet paper, so maybe this guy could weave himself a cover!

I think these seven guys found themselves in a jail cell, and if they want to choose to deal with the stress of their circumstances by materbating instead of beating the crap out of the nearest guard, then I'm all for that.

Maybe they ought to be concerned about IMPORTANT things in that jail, instead of majoring on the minors.

They don't get blankets down here, I don't think. There's a metal slab of a bed, or if it's terribly overcrowded some army cots may be thrown into the bull pen area. The inmates are issued paper shoes, an orange jumpsuit and that is it. No underwear, no socks, no sheet, no blanket. They do have toilet paper, so maybe this guy could weave himself a cover!

I think these seven guys found themselves in a jail cell, and if they want to choose to deal with the stress of their circumstances by materbating instead of beating the crap out of the nearest guard, then I'm all for that.

Maybe they ought to be concerned about IMPORTANT things in that jail, instead of majoring on the minors.

most jails do issue one blanket, unless the person is on suicide watch, if so then they are giving the paper sheets.

That was my way of thinking too Kgeaux...if they were doing it out in the yard then that would be a different story.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

a friend of mine works in the county jail here. she says men know when she is making the rounds and will often do this as she passes by. she has seen men who are under a blanket toss it off when she passes because they want her to see. i asked her about this when i read the thread. she says she has only pressed for punishment twice. 1 had been sittin on the toilet and and as she approached he ran up to the door and lifted the food slot. he had it sticking out a tiny bit and really went to town. the second guy had finished before she passed by and his hand was covered in .... fluids. he lifted his door slot and flung it at her as she passed. it only got on her pants leg. the first guy was moved to solitary for mental health evaluation for a month. the second guy was charged with assault on a officer and plead down. he got a few months that ran with his regular jail time so nothing really happened to him.

a friend of mine works in the county jail here. she says men know when she is making the rounds and will often do this as she passes by. she has seen men who are under a blanket toss it off when she passes because they want her to see. i asked her about this when i read the thread. she says she has only pressed for punishment twice. 1 had been sittin on the toilet and and as she approached he ran up to the door and lifted the food slot. he had it sticking out a tiny bit and really went to town. the second guy had finished before she passed by and his hand was covered in .... fluids. he lifted his door slot and flung it at her as she passed. it only got on her pants leg. the first guy was moved to solitary for mental health evaluation for a month. the second guy was charged with assault on a officer and plead down. he got a few months that ran with his regular jail time so nothing really happened to him.

I can see why they crack down on some of them due to the dangers of bodily fluids and even for other inmates safety, and if they know that they are monitored, then it should be illegal even in jail to expose one's self. After all, they are in jail and not able to do as they please.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back