GUILTY NZ - Nia Glassie, 3, tortured & beaten to death, Rotorua, 3 Aug 2007

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Fifth person charged over abuse of girl, 3

A fifth person has been charged over the brutal abuse of a 3-year-old girl, who remains in a drug induced coma in Auckland's Starship Hospital.
Today police said the toddler may have permanent brain damage after three weeks of horrific abuse at her Rotorua home.

The Daily Post reported today that the the girl was allegedly tied to a clothesline and spun around, put in a cold bath and then in a tumble dryer.
Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Loper said the extent of the injuries would not be known for some time, and brain damage was a possibility.

"She is still dangerously ill but the injuries are no longer life threatening."
Mr Loper said the little girl came very close to dying and the abuse was about as serious as it could get.

"It is really serious. The poor little thing has nearly died. The abuse is not a one-off or doesn't appear to be a one-off. It is very serious."

oh my goodness, this is unimaginable.
My heart just breaks for these innocents little ones who come face to face
with such evil.

What the flying flip is wrong with people?

Global warming needs to just go ahead and cause another ice age or a comet needs to hit so a new poplulation can start fresh -- may this time with some actual intelligence.

I just dont understand how anyone could do this to a kid. Poor little baby.

It makes me wonder, how intelligent/drug addled are these people?! :banghead: It's as if they really do think that you can act like cartoons in realy life! The stupid is LETHAL!!! :furious: :( :( :furious: I think that once convicted of the crime, the judge should say "They've shown themselves to be a clear danger to society, so therefore they will never be in society again."

FIVE adults against one little tiny 3 year old girl?????? Are they are insane!!
They probably thought it was real funny when they were doing all of those things to that baby. Not even one in the crowd with any brains. Yes, they should be locked up forever. How evil could they get!

I hope that baby doesn't have brain damage. Things must have been done to her that they aren't even printing in the paper. I also hope that when she is released from the hospital that she has somewhere to go with people that will love her and make her feel secure.

I would gladly take her. That poor baby, I hope that she recovers. I don't know why people like that are allowed to live and be parasites to society. Dig a big pit and dump them all in there.

Fifth person charged over abuse of girl, 3

A fifth person has been charged over the brutal abuse of a 3-year-old girl, who remains in a drug induced coma in Auckland's Starship Hospital.
Today police said the toddler may have permanent brain damage after three weeks of horrific abuse at her Rotorua home.

The Daily Post reported today that the the girl was allegedly tied to a clothesline and spun around, put in a cold bath and then in a tumble dryer.
Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Loper said the extent of the injuries would not be known for some time, and brain damage was a possibility.

"She is still dangerously ill but the injuries are no longer life threatening."
Mr Loper said the little girl came very close to dying and the abuse was about as serious as it could get.

"It is really serious. The poor little thing has nearly died. The abuse is not a one-off or doesn't appear to be a one-off. It is very serious."

I don't understand why this and many other cases of "child abuse" isn't charged as attempted murder?

I don't understand why this and many other cases of "child abuse" isn't charged as attempted murder?

I don't understand either. Imho, if you abuse a child in this manner then you are trying to kill them, or at least aware that your actions may result in death. It seems that, in they 'system', if you're related to your victim then the charges and punishment are much more lenient. Beat your child, it's abuse. Beat a stranger at a bar and it's attempted murder.

My God! 5 of them and not one with any kind of a conscience? How could they have got to the stage where they all agreed this was okay to do?

My God! 5 of them and not one with any kind of a conscience? How could they have got to the stage where they all agreed this was okay to do?
i keep thinking the same thing. i always wonder how 2 sickos meet marry and reproduce. but omg 5...

Exactly I mean they must have conversations of this nature before they do these kinds of things to almost let each other know that they deem it acceptable.

3 page article with many more details and a picture of the poor little girl:

Tot's injuries due to a fall, says mother

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10454501

This amounts to nothing short of torture. They were practising wrestling moves on her, leaving her on the roof, making her stay outside in freezing weather and on and on. I don't know how the mother would not know even though she was gone during the day picking kiwi fruit.

She can move right in with us. :( That's heartbreaking. Why the heck do people do this sort of stuff? Seeing her all smiles in that pic is just gutwrenching. I hope she will have a happy and healthy life from now on. I really really hope she will recover on all accounts.

And uhm, WTH??? From the article: Today the Herald on Sunday can reveal that Nia's mother, 34-year-old Te Puke kiwifruit worker Kuka, took her daughter to Rotorua Hospital on Sunday morning saying the serious head and abdominal injuries were not a result of the girl being repeatedly assaulted, but rather a case of her falling off her 17-year-old partner's shoulders.
Please tell me the 17 is a misprint and should be 27.

I think they got the age right on the boyfriend as it is repeated several times thoughout the article. Most of the people that tortured this baby were teenage punks along with the father of the 17 yr old boyfriend. LE should throw the mother in jail too. There is no way that she didn't know that something was happening to her baby girl. She might not be to bright hooking up with a 17 yr old kid but she isn't blind. She should never get any of her kids back. I hope they are all legally given over to their dad if he is a decent man. That abuse went on for three months. There is no way that the mother didn't know and was probably a part of it.

I would care for this little angel in a heartbeat. WTF is wrong with these people? How can they be so evil?
On Friday, Wiremu Curtis' father, 47-year-old Rotorua driver William Curtis, was also charged with assault on a child and injuring with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. It is alleged those injuries were inflicted at another address.

Here are a couple more articles about the abuse of little Nia Glassie.

Toddler's sisters see torture
Louise Kuka, sister of Lisa Kuka, says she believes the mother of seriously ill Rotorua 3-year-old Nia Glassie knew what was happening to her daughter. "I'm so angry with her. She knew. She knew."

Police found streaks of blood through the passage of the Frank St, Rotorua, home where Nia was assaulted. She lived there with Lisa Kuka, Kuka's partner of two years Wiremu Curtis, 17, his brother Michael Curtis, 21, Michael's partner Oriwa Kemp, 17, and Michael Pearson, 19. Pearson is Louise Kuka's son. The Curtis brothers, their father 47-year-old William Curtis, Pearson and Kemp have been charged with assaulting Nia and will re-appear in Rotorua District Court tomorrow.

Police allege the abuse has been going on since March. Kuka and Curtis moved into the Frank St house three months ago.

Polly Kuka, (mother of Lisa Kuka), who lives in the Rotorua suburb of Koutu and has worked as a mill hand for 27 years, said she had been devastated by the abuse and told the Star-Times her daughter had shamed the family by not stopping the assaults. "I'm so angry and I'm hurting. What's getting to me is that that girl (Nia) is going to come home in a wheelchair. The mother (Lisa) should be responsible."

Although Nia's injuries were initially thought to be life-threatening, she was yesterday out of an induced coma and her mother had bathed her.

Police say Nia is still critically ill, however, and her injuries may leave her permanently brain damaged. A source told the Star-Times Nia will need 24-hour care for the rest of her life.

In a text message to the Star Times yesterday, Lisa Kuka said "My gurl and me r fine." Told that her family believed she had been aware of what was happening to Nia, she responded: "Blieve wot u wnt 2."

Much more at link above.

Assault causes rift in whanau
The child's aunt told the Sunday Star Times newspaper that the girl's mother was out night-clubbing on Friday in an effort to take her mind off the situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back