Swimming Pool and Water Stolen From Yard

Our 10' pool linked up to a garden hose to empty it. It only took about an hour for it to drain out.

I can't believe someone is stupid enough to steal someone else's $100 pool.

I caught a bit of this news blurb yesterday and thought I had misunderstood it... surely, I thought, my ears were playing a trick on me. Obviously not. LoL I have one of those nutty pools and I have never been able to get the thing up without it being greatly lopsided and spilling water... and it took forever to get the darn thing brought down and put back in the box. Yet, someone can just make one vanish from a backyard, water and all. I'm siding with the alien theory. LoL

We had tentants in our house who took our pool when they left....we couldnt believe it when we went to check on the house to find the poolfence there with no pool....they even managed to dig out two half grown Coco Palms which was a major feat in itself.....we just give them an A for effort as there wasnt much more that could be done about it.

When I first heard about this story, I thought it was an in-ground pool and it made me think of that Richard Pryor movie "Moving", where the people they buy the house from take everything with them, including the in-ground pool. LOL I couldn't believe it had happened in real life. :p

I'm leaning toward the alien theory.

It had to have been aliens. Otherwise, how could they have done all that, drain the pool AND cart it away, without a trace, all in the time span of four hours in the middle of the night. :crazy:

They must have used night goggles too. They couldn't possibly have used bright lights as they would have woken the neighbors.

JMHO
fran

...they would have woken the neighbors.
Maybe, it was the neighbors who stole the pool. I keep thinking back to the neighborhood that took the NY family to court because their daughters were loudly shrieking throughout the day while playing in their pool. :cool:

Maybe, it was the neighbors who stole the pool. I keep thinking back to the neighborhood that took the NY family to court because their daughters were loudly shrieking throughout the day while playing in their pool. :cool:
You could be exactly right on the money! They could have drained the pool into their own yard or down the sewer quite easily without being detected. It doesn't take long.

The kids screaming could be a great motive. Also, I noticed the pool wasn't fenced in. Another motive could be someone living nearby with young children and they felt the pool owners weren't taking responsibility to insure neighborhood children didn't wander in and drown.

It had to have been aliens. Otherwise, how could they have done all that, drain the pool AND cart it away, without a trace, all in the time span of four hours in the middle of the night. :crazy:

They must have used night goggles too. They couldn't possibly have used bright lights as they would have woken the neighbors.

JMHO
fran

I thought aliens could see in the dark. Why would they need night vision goggles?

Bingo!
I think you've solved the mystery nanandjim. Good thinking!

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back