"My Sister Sam" Actresses Killer Stabbed 11 Times In Jail

White Rain

Reaction score
Killer Robert John Bardo, who was convicted of stalking and killing actress Rebecca Schaeffer in 1989, was stabbed by another inmate yesterday. Bardo was stabbed 11 times while he and fellow inmates were walking to breakfast in the prison yard, according to Mule Creek State Prison officials. He survived the attack.

Schaeffer was the star of the 1980s sitcom "My Sister Sam." Bardo was obsessed with Schaeffer and stalked her for several months. He eventually tracked her down with the help of a private detective, and shot her to death when she answered the door of her L.A. home. She was 21.
More at link http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/28/r/

I just read that. He was housed in a special unit and still this happened. It just goes to show if someone has a beef against you and they are willing to find a way they will.I guess he knows what it is like to be stalked now and almost murdered...oops..he murdered someone too.Could be just desserts...my bad!!!!

Excellent news--stabbed 11 times--too bad it wasn't a 111 times--this psycho who killed that girl does not deserve to be alive

I remember this - Marcia Clarke (OJ) prosecuted this case.

Too bad the guy survived.

At least he's not free like the murderer of Dominick Dunne's daughter is.

I'm so sorry this happened to this . NOT!:mad:

At the least, now for the rest of his life, he'll feel like is victim did before he MURDERED her in cold blood. {{{FEAR}}}:chicken:

JMHO
fran

At least he's not free like the murderer of Dominick Dunne's daughter is.

OMG, exactly!! His daughter's killer (who was her boyfriend and was an abuser) is a chef in Seattle...his name was John Sweeney and he changed it to John Maura. He was engaged to marry some girl and the father of the girl called Dominick Dunne and asked him what to do b/c his daughter did not believe her boyfriend was the same guy who killed Dominique Dunne, who was also a beautiful young actress and had just played the role of the older sister in "Poltergeist" (her case was the one that got me interested in true-life crime and trials)...Dominique's brother Griffin contacted the girl and talked to her and she broke off the engagement. I was happy when I read that. The guy should still be in prison, not out and able to cook meals and get engaged to unsuspecting women. :mad:

I thought of Sweeney yesterday when I heard this about Robert Bardo. I think often of Rebecca's parents and wonder how they are. Her dad is a reknowned child psychologist (Dr. Benson Schaeffer) in Portland, OR and Rebecca was their only child. :(

OMG, exactly!! His daughter's killer (who was her boyfriend and was an abuser) is a chef in Seattle...his name was John Sweeney and he changed it to John Maura. He was engaged to marry some girl and the father of the girl called Dominick Dunne and asked him what to do b/c his daughter did not believe her boyfriend was the same guy who killed Dominique Dunne, who was also a beautiful young actress and had just played the role of the older sister in "Poltergeist" (her case was the one that got me interested in true-life crime and trials)...Dominique's brother Griffin contacted the girl and talked to her and she broke off the engagement. I was happy when I read that. The guys should still be in prison, not out and able to cook meals and get engaged to unsuspecting women. :mad:

I thought of Sweeney yesterday when I heard this about Robert Bardo. I think often of Rebecca's parents and wonder how they are. Her dad is a reknowned child psychologist (Dr. Benson Schaeffer) in Portland, OR and Rebecca was their only child. :(

I thought of him too when I heard about this stabbing. IF only. :silenced:

I remember watching Rebecca on tv and knew back then that she was going to be quite a star. I was horrified when I heard the news about her murder. At least they got the guy and kept him in jail. I hope he's going through now what she went through with him.

I thought of him too when I heard about this stabbing. IF only. :silenced:

I remember watching Rebecca on tv and knew back then that she was going to be quite a star. I was horrified when I heard the news about her murder. At least they got the guy and kept him in jail. I hope he's going through now what she went through with him.

I didn't hear about what had happened to Rebecca until a week after it happened and was horrified. This was in July 1989, and I was also 21, the same age as Rebecca. I loved "My Sister Sam" and thought she was so pretty. In August of that year, just a couple weeks later, I went to L.A. to visit friends and we went by the apartment building in Hollywood where she lived and was killed and there was still crime scene tape dangling from the porch.

BOO-FREAKIN-HOO!

I have thought of Rebecca many times over the years, wondered what she might have gone on to if she had been allowed to live her life.

Someone suggested true karma might happen if a nasty infection sets into his wounds & he dies a slow painful death. One can hope.

Rebecca Schaefer was greatly loved. Her friends established a scholarship in her name at UCLA. Not only do they donate money, but they show up every year at the start of the school year and pay tribute to her in front of the orientation ceremony while giving out the check.

If you haven't, you should see the film "Moonlight Mile"...the director, Brad Silberling, was dating Rebecca Schaeffer at the time of her murder. I believe they might even have been engaged. He wrote this screenplay and loosely based it upon his experiences when she was killed. I don't think he wrote the relationship with the parents as his was with Rebecca's parents, however, and he remains close to them to this day. It's a great movie about grief and moving on with one's life after a tragedy. At the end there is a dedication to Rebecca, although from what I remember she is not named.

And Jake Gyllenhaal is in it, which is an added bonus for me. *wink*

Rebecca Schaefer was greatly loved. Her friends established a scholarship in her name at UCLA. Not only do they donate money, but they show up every year at the start of the school year and pay tribute to her in front of the orientation ceremony while giving out the check.

What wonderful friends she has! Thank you for sharing this, Nova.

Darn, he lived. More tax money from good citizens to house and feed him.
Prisons just aren't set up right and it's not fair for him to live on the taxpayers money.

Maybe next time. Heartless, I know. But please save the flames. We've civilized ourselves around the circle and back to stupid in many areas.

I just read that. He was housed in a special unit and still this happened. It just goes to show if someone has a beef against you and they are willing to find a way they will.I guess he knows what it is like to be stalked now and almost murdered...oops..he murdered someone too.<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back