New Driver License for Sexual Offenders

GlitchWizard

Reprobate
Reaction score
Website
www.glitchwizard.com
I'll try to grab a link from our website. I just got this in Highway Safety's email.

Beginning August 1, Florida’s registered sexual offenders/predators will be required to get a new DL that will have the statutory reference of offender/predator on the bottom left corner. This new law was passed in the 2007 regular Legislative Session. The designation on the DL will be a tool for law enforcement to immediately recognize someone as a sexual predator/offender.

I'll try to grab a link from our website. I just got this in Highway Safety's email.

Beginning August 1, Florida’s registered sexual offenders/predators will be required to get a new DL that will have the statutory reference of offender/predator on the bottom left corner. This new law was passed in the 2007 regular Legislative Session. The designation on the DL will be a tool for law enforcement to immediately recognize someone as a sexual predator/offender.

I'm sorry, but until we get our definition of "sexual offender" under control, I'm opposed to any such effort. There is no reason that some college girl who pees behind a bush needs to be targeted for the rest of her life.

I'm sorry, but until we get our definition of "sexual offender" under control, I'm opposed to any such effort. There is no reason that some college girl who pees behind a bush needs to be targeted for the rest of her life.

You know, I agree with you. When I first read this it seemed like a good idea, but the word "sex offender" is used too freely. I guess we would want the dangerous offenders to have the license plate, but then again shouldn't the dangerous ones be in jail?
Color me a little confused. :waitasec:

Why is there a special license needed when LE should be able to pull the RSO info up when they run the license in the first place?

You know, I agree with you. When I first read this it seemed like a good idea, but the word "sex offender" is used too freely. I guess we would want the dangerous offenders to have the license plate, but then again shouldn't the dangerous ones be in jail?
Color me a little confused. :waitasec:

Squishified, just FYI, it's the actual driver's license not the plate for the car.

By the way, I LOVE your nickname!

Squishified, just FYI, it's the actual driver's license not the plate for the car.

By the way, I LOVE your nickname!

Thanks for clarifying, Taximom. Guess I read too fast.:blushing:

And I LOVE the title under your nickname.

Thanks! I can be found guilty of skimming many times here. :blushing:

Can't we all! Welcome, Squishified!

I think most of these "identify sex offender" moves are political charades.

Can't we all! Welcome, Squishified!

I think most of these "identify sex offender" moves are political charades.

Thank you for the welcome, Nova.
You're probably right about the political nature of these things.

I'd like to know why this became a law. How is it supposed to help?

Until I hear (or read) otherwise, I'm with Nova. This sounds like part of the voteforme politics following the horrible Lunsford case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back