PA - Girl, 13, shoots stepdad to death after sexual assault

JanetElaine

Reaction score
For some reason the AP thought it more important/worse that the girl was living in a filthy house than that she was abused.

http://tinyurl.com/2zmw5n

"A police complaint did not identify a motive in the killing, but her mother, Michelle Fazek, who was separated from Booth, said she had complained several times to county child welfare officials that her daughter and her brother, 14, were living in squalor and that her daughter had been abused."

After the young woman in Queens killing her abusive step-dad over him abusing her (http://tinyurl.com/38w5wm), this almost seems like a new trend. I'm not too pleased with myself for actually kind of liking this trend. However I don't like the fact that this probably damages these already hurt kids even more. This 13-year old will have to live with this, too, now. I feel so very sorry for her.

It's sad for sure. But maybe at 13 she just reached her breaking point. Some abuse victims hold it in and somewhat deal with it later in life. The results are not always good doing that. They spend their lives as lost souls, some never get past it. I think in most cases their anger is directed inward and not at the perpertrator. They do additional damage to themselves be it emotional, drugs, sex, mental illness, etc. If this is a "trend" to kill your abuser, it's scary, but at the same time justified. Those that abuse children do not deserve to breathe...JMO.

If this is a "trend" to kill your abuser, it's scary, but at the same time justified. Those that abuse children do not deserve to breathe...JMO.

I loved what someone said in the thread about 'Original Dark Angel': if you dont want someone to chop off your privates dont molest kids. I guess we can just add 'if you don't want to be shot in the face'. It's that simple, IMO.

A broken child does not grow up to be a whole adult without much help along the way...JMO

I agree.... and even then it seems like it's luck of the draw... Child abuse is so WRONG. It's frustrating.

In one of the articles it says that this man was the kids stepfather. I wonder if he was the dad or the stepfather? Either way why were the kids living with him? The mother was aware of the filth and the abuse yet all she did was call DHS or CPS and report it. Why didn't she take those kids out of that mess? I don't have any respect for her if she knew yet did nothing about it. If she couldn't take care of the kids then they should have been removed from the home.

If this girl was truly being abused then I feel she had every right to blow his head off. No one was helping her including her own mother. Should she have just stayed there and put up with it until she was old enough to strike out on her own...no! I wonder if she ever tryed talking to a school counselor or anyone that might have been able to help her? I wonder if she was sexually abused or physically abused or both. A doctor should be able to tell if she was telling the truth if he forced her to have intercourse with him.

Maybe this girl should read up on Mary...the preacher's wife's case. Mary got away with cold blooded murder. If this girl was truly abused then she shouldn't be convicted of 1st or 2nd degree murder. I hope she gets a good attorney and isn't convicted if she is telling the truth.

A broken child does not grow up to be a whole adult without much help along the way...JMO

I love this sentiment and agree with it absolutely. Unfortunately, I feel like I only hear it put forward on threads where people seem to agree that the murdered person deserved it.

Most of the horrible crimes we read about hear are committed by broken children who never got any help along the way.

SouthCity,

The victim in this case and others like it, was the perpetrator of the abuse. It may not be legal to take the law into your own hands but we can understand it when the anger is directed at the right person. Therein lies the difference.

When the abused grow up to rape and kill innocent families, you won't find any sympathy for the perp no matter what he/she went through growing up.

If some guy has already sexually assaulted you and is approaching to do more of the same, shouldn't you have a right to blow his head off before he can complete his mission? It makes no difference to me whether this guy is related to the girl or not, she had every right to protect herself. I don't think killing him is sad or will do her more emotional harm - I think it's empowering and proactive. Good for her!

If some guy has already sexually assaulted you and is approaching to do more of the same, shouldn't you have a right to blow his head off before he can complete his mission? It makes no difference to me whether this guy is related to the girl or not, she had every right to protect herself. I don't think killing him is sad or will do her more emotional harm - I think it's empowering and proactive. Good for her!

Amen.

i agree totally . all they are doing is protecting themselves imho its self defence . i know alot of you may not agree .but sorry to me no man or woman or anyone should be allowed to live to do that over and over to a kid .they will never be any good for anything but being a sicko

Well, she's being charged as an adult because of the brutal nature of the "crime", but I think the jury will come back with a lesser verdict--She'll be out in a few years I hope and try to live a normal life but it ain't gonna be easy, that's for sure--btw,how did she get the gun in the first place? very careless of the deceased to let her find it

Peter,

They have decided now to charge her as a juvenile.

Long article:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/07/father.slain.folo.ap/index.html

Story Highlights
13-year-old girl tells investigators she shot father with shotgun

Her attorney says the attack was precipitated by years of sexual abuse

House is filled with fleas, broken furniture, empty cans and stench of cat urine

"I've been in crack houses that have been nicer," private investigator says

-------

Things that stood out to me in the article:

The girl was sent to a psychiatric clinic Friday and, on Monday, officials there determined she should remain for up to another 20 days.

A hearing was scheduled for Tuesday to get a judge to approve transferring the case to juvenile court.

and

Nightingale told a judge last week that his client "specifically requested her mother not be involved at this point. There are serious issues of alienation."

From the CNN link I just posted:

Several trash-filled plastic grocery bags leaned against the fridge, while larger trash bags brimming with empty beer cans took up space under the kitchen sink. The only items in the freezer were a bottle of vodka, a plastic bag and a small red container.

SouthCity,

The victim in this case and others like it, was the perpetrator of the abuse. It may not be legal to take the law into your own hands but we can understand it when the anger is directed at the right person. Therein lies the difference.

When the abused grow up to rape and kill innocent families, you won't find any sympathy for the perp no matter what he/she went through growing up.

I surely get your point, but I'll never stop having sympathy for any child who has suffered abuse and been broken - sometimes seemingly beyond repair.

I'm glad to hear that - the no prison part and treatment anyway. The juvenile court supervision part I will like if/when they show they actually are looking out for her for real, and not just in writing.

And I am glad this piece of trash is dead. He deserved it for abusing her.:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back