Cops seek parents of boy found unconscious

TGIRecovered

Reaction score
I found it odd tha tno one has claimed him.

I wonder if he was headed home from overnighting and got into an accident of some sort and his parents are at work and haven't missed him yet???

I check on my kids several times a day while I am at work. I have even left work and driven home when they haven't answered the phone.

Boulder police have located the father of a child who was found unconscious at 11:30 a.m. today in the 3200 block of Kalmia Avenue.
Police say the boy's father came forward, and is being taken to his son at Boulder Community Hospital.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5652820,00.html

I don't quite know what to make of this. It sorta sounds like the boy went to the store and something happened on his way home. ?????? The article states that his bicycle didn't appear to have been in an accident - could he have had a seizure or something and fell off his bike? I hope he will be OK.

He has not regained consciousness yet? I hope he's going to be ok. :(

My daughter was riding her bike with friends when she hit a hole in the road. She went right over the handlebars and was knocked unconscious for a few minutes. She ended up with a concussion. If she hadn't been with friends (who called me), I might have been in the same situation this father seems to be in.

(Bike helmets are mandatory in our family now!)

Bike helmets save lives and help to ensure that a person riding a bike can live a normal life without brain damage in the case of an accident.

Bike helmets are mandatory in my City for everyone.

Bike helmets save lives and help to ensure that a person riding a bike can live a normal life without brain damage in the case of an accident.

As they should be. Brain injury is so common with bike accidents.

We too have a law stating that bicycle helmets must be worn at all times whilst bike riding.

In Connecticut in the late '60's we had so much fun riding bikes--We'd ride the bikes sometimes all the way to other small towns even though we were only 12 or 13 years old--and we sometimes drove them at 3 in the morning all over town while sleeping out at night in the summer----It was a total blast--We never wore helmets of any kind, it was unheard of back then--We wouldn't have worn them anyway, they are too confining--We rode countless miles and never did anyone get hurt--Perhaps drivers were just more courteous to bike drivers back then , I don't know

I hit a rock while riding my bike when I was seven (1969!), busted my head open and had to get stitches. I did lose conciousness fo a minute or two...woke up in my big brother' arms, and he was running fast for our house. His hand was holding my head and when he showed it to me there was blood all over. I had never seen him so scared!
I had never heard of anyone wearing a bike helmet back then, but I think it is good that we have them now.
Funny--no one ever told me I might have brain damage from a fall like that.
Maybe it was better they didn't mention it!

Susan

Hmmm...wonder if I can blame the alcohol years on that little mishapp?

Hmmm...wonder if I can blame the alcohol years on that little mishapp?

LOL Why not? Criminals get to blame head injuries during childhood for all sorts of things.

Something about this doesn't sound right. Since the child was found unconscious and the father came forward to identify him, was this an accident or what?

BOULDER -
SNIP
The boy's father contacted police Tuesday afternoon after the boy was found around 11:30 a.m. in the 3200 block of Kalmia Avenue. They say he was found near an older purple Huffy 10-speed bicycle with white-wall tires. They do not think the bike was involved in the accident and it is unclear what direction he may have been traveling.

More from the Denver Post.......http://test.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_6508564
The boy is at Boulder Community Hospital with head injuries, and, as of early this afternoon, he had not regained consciousness.
The child's name and age are not available, but Brooks said earlier that he appeared to be about 12 years old.
Police believe the boy was riding an older model purple Huffy 10-speed bicycle with white-wall tires, and he was carrying a white "Michaels" bag with an unopened can of soda in it.
Brooks said police still don't know how the boy suffered his injuries but said investigators may have only limited followup.
"We don't have anything criminal," she said. "We don't know if it was an accident or if there was a medical issue."

I hit a rock while riding my bike when I was seven (1969!), busted my head open and had to get stitches. I did lose conciousness fo a minute or two...woke up in my big brother' arms, and he was running fast for our house. His hand was holding my head and when he showed it to me there was blood all over. I had never seen him so scared!
I had never heard of anyone wearing a bike helmet back then, but I think it is good that we have them now.
Funny--no one ever told me I might have brain damage from a fall like that.
Maybe it was better they didn't mention it!

Susan

They did the right thing. My daughter has a head injury and all the medical testing does is eat up my money, scare her and make her think up new worries!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back