GUILTY CA - Hannah Webb charged in disposal of newborn, Roseville, 23 July 2007

A 10 lb little baby girl. :( :sick: :furious:

I think there needs to be a lot more awareness about being able to leave your newborn at a hospital or other safe place rather than killing it and tossing it in with the rest of your garbage. She was a teacher and should definitely have known better. :furious:

OMG! What was she thinking! These stories make me sooooo angry! What about the friends she was visiting...she obiviouslly came VERY pregnant and wouldn't they ask about her sudden "weight loss"? A 10 pound baby is not easy to hide while pregnant I would think.

A 10 lb little baby girl. :( :sick: :furious:

I think there needs to be a lot more awareness about being able to leave your newborn at a hospital or other safe place rather than killing it and tossing it in with the rest of your garbage. She was a teacher and should definitely have known better. :furious:

:mad: Since when is human life now being treated like trash!! Yet another story about a woman who clearly doesn't want the baby.

I agree with what you say here Taxi, (BTW I like your posts) "a no questions asked, "SAFE PLACE". Let the authorities deal with the details. Let thoses babies have the opportunity to be placed in LOVING homes.

OMG! What was she thinking! These stories make me sooooo angry! What about the friends she was visiting...she obiviouslly came VERY pregnant and wouldn't they ask about her sudden "weight loss"? A 10 pound baby is not easy to hide while pregnant I would think.

Heck no... My baby was 9lb 3oz and I was huge. Of course, I guess it would also depend on how tall she was. I'm only 5'2"...

Being a teacher doesn't make her smarter than anyone else who does this. It does however make her just as evil.

There has got to be a way that others hear about the safe haven laws. We can't be the only people who have heard of it. Maybe flyers and such? Or how about hospitals and clinics give out the word. Public service announcements on tv? I know our fire department is a safe haven. Possibly the city should give out this information like they do recycling information or fire safety flyers?

All I know is I hope the punishment they get extends past what ever they get in this life.

I can't believe a school teacher didn't know she had other options.

For whatever reason, she chose to dispose of her baby this way.

(And, no, I don't believe this is a new phenomenon. Infanticide has taken place throughout history. But such things were more likely to be considered "private matters" in the past.)

There is no mention whether this baby was born alive or dead. I'm praying that the baby was born dead and she didn't kill it. It's bad enough throwing the baby's body in the trash if it had died before, but not a living baby who was that big. It makes me want to puke!:sick:

Me too! Sickens me so! Even a dead baby deserves a proper burial. I wouldn't even throw a dead dog in the garbage.

you know ive noticed lately it seems to be alot of babies esp baby girls . being a new mom this really pisses me off . i could never throw away my baby .so many people cant have kids or just about die having them only to have them die . and they THROW THEM AWAY ?? wtf i will never understand how a woman or anyone for that matter could throw a little beautiful baby away .. i cry so hard when i see this stuff .

There is no mention whether this baby was born alive or dead. I'm praying that the baby was born dead and she didn't kill it. It's bad enough throwing the baby's body in the trash if it had died before, but not a living baby who was that big. It makes me want to puke!:sick:

The article (now) says the autopsy was inconclusive and they don't know whether the baby was born alive or dead. The investigation continues.

Theres more to it than just the need for a 'safe haven'. Think about it, you've just given birth and you've done your best to conceal it and all you want is for it to end... then a real live baby comes out and CRIES, how on earth do you take a crying child to a safe haven spot without being heard and seen. Just my thoughts.

Man you'd have a fight on your hands trying to get my baby out of my arms, I can't imagine tossing her or him away like trash. heart breaking

I know many of you will say a bottle or pacifier but most of you will know those don't always work.

I know many of you will say a bottle or pacifier but most of you will know those don't always work.

Of course they don't, jubie. Your point is well made and I don't doubt that a desire for secrecy motivates some women to kill their babies.

I don't really understand WHY secrecy is worth killing a baby, particularly not in this day and age, but I'm sure you are right that that is the motivation.

Hi Nova,

Whenever I hear these stories my heart aches for the families out there desperate for a child and who would have done so much to have helped the birth mother give her child to them to live a long full happy life.

So sad.

Jubie

Of course they don't, jubie. Your point is well made and I don't doubt that a desire for secrecy motivates some women to kill their babies.

I don't really understand WHY secrecy is worth killing a baby, particularly not in this day and age, but I'm sure you are right that that is the motivation.

I wonder about that too, Nova. I'm guessing personal shame or guilt may be part of the motivation in some of these cases. It just seems like we've come so far and women shouldn't be worried about that anymore. I don't get it.

I do remember how afraid I was during a pregnancy scare here and there when I was young. Most of mine was religious/family guilt. I would have (back then) had an abortion to hide the problem. I'm glad I didn't or I wouldn't have my oldest. I was THAT afraid. :(

every time we read 1 of these cases people speak of the need to let these moms know about safe haven laws. i never buy that. before abortion became legal girls got knocked up. some got illegal abortions, some killed the baby, and some dropped the child in a safe place like a church. all these years have passed and the only change is the abortion is legal. i can feel pity for a mom who leaves a baby in a bathroom at a fast food joint if the child is wrapped in a shirt in the floor. if the same mom leaves the baby in the trash i say fry her. i dont care if you know the law. if you have a soul you place the child where it can be found. u go to a pay phone and call 911 and dont give your name. if the child is born dead you leave the body at a church so it can rest in peace. you dont throw out your baby with the trash!

I wonder about that too, Nova. I'm guessing personal shame or guilt may be part of the motivation in some of these cases. It just seems like we've come so far and women shouldn't be worried about that anymore. I don't get it.

I do remember how afraid I was during a pregnancy scare here and there when I was young. Most of mine was religious/family guilt. I would have (back then) had an abortion to hide the problem. I'm glad I didn't or I wouldn't have my oldest. I was THAT afraid. :(

I suppose the truth is that we as a society are still far more hung up about sex than we like to admit. I don't say that excuses women who kill their babies, of course, but I don't believe hiding your pregnancy and giving birth alone are anyone's idea of fun. There have to be strong social factors at work to drive women to that extreme.

every time we read 1 of these cases people speak of the need to let these moms know about safe haven laws. i never buy that. before abortion became legal girls got knocked up. some got illegal abortions, some killed the baby, and some dropped the child in a safe place like a church. all these years have passed and the only change is the abortion is legal. i can feel pity for a mom who leaves a baby in a bathroom at a fast food joint if the child is wrapped in a shirt in the floor. if the same mom leaves the baby in the trash i say fry her. i dont care if you know the law. if you have a soul you place the child where it can be found. u go to a pay phone and call 911 and dont give your name. if the child is born dead you leave the body at a church so it can rest in peace. you dont throw out your baby with the trash!

sherri, I think most of us agree with you. The only qualification I would interject is that, as a man, I don't pretend to understand the psychological impact of giving birth, particularly under extreme conditions of guilt, shame and solitude.

If there is such a thing as post-partum psychosis, that might be enough to trigger it.

sherri, I think most of us agree with you. The only qualification I would interject is that, as a man, I don't pretend to understand the psychological impact of giving birth, particularly under extreme conditions of guilt, shame and solitude.

If there is such a thing as post-partum psychosis, that might be enough to trigger it.
these women hide the pregnancy for months. i have never heard of pre-partum psychosis. i know some woman may suffer from mental illness at the time they do this. we hear alot of these stories. i find it hard to believe that this many women suffer illness to the point they dont know they are killing a innocent child. most these women imo are no diffrent than men who rape kids. the rapist thinks of the child not as a person but as a object that can be treated however they want. these moms think of the baby as a object that can be tossed because it is in the way. the rare woman who is so ill she cant not understand how evil her actions are will not explain how often this happens to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back