Recall on a bunch of Mattel toys

They are manufactured in China, big surprise eh?

http://www.service.mattel.com/us/ recall info at the bottom with pictures of the toys.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070801/toy_recall.html?.v=10

Thank goodness we dont own any of these but I sent the link out to family and friends to see if they do.

Included are some Fisher Price, Sesame Street, Nickelodeon, and Dora the Explorer! Better be safe than sorry! This lead paint is not good for the kiddies!

Thanks a bunch, Autumn! :)

From what I read on the fisher price site, it only affects toys bought after 5/1/07. Most of our stuff is older than that, thankfully.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293054,00.html

Head of Chinese Toy Manufacturing Company Commits Suicide Amid Recall

BEIJING — The head of a Chinese toy manufacturing company at the center of a huge U.S. recall has committed suicide, a state-run newspaper said Monday.
Zhang Shuhong, who co-owned Lee Der Industrial Co. Ltd., killed himself at a warehouse over the weekend, days after China announced it had temporarily banned exports by the company, the Southern Metropolis Daily said.
Lee Der made 967,000 toys recalled earlier this month by Mattel Inc. (MAT) because they were made with paint found to have excessive amounts of lead. The plastic preschool toys, sold under the Fisher-Price brand in the U.S., included the popular Big Bird, Elmo, Dora and Diego characters.
It was among the largest recalls in recent months involving Chinese products, which have come under fire for globally for containing potentially dangerous high levels of chemicals and toxins.
The Southern Metropolis Daily said that a supplier, Zhang's best friend, sold Lee Der fake paint which was used in the toys.

"The boss and the company were harmed by the paint supplier, the closest friend of our boss," a manager surnamed Liu was quoted as saying.
Liu said Zhang hung himself on Saturday, according to the report. It is common for disgraced officials to commit suicide in China.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293054,00.html

Head of Chinese Toy Manufacturing Company Commits Suicide Amid Recall

BEIJING — The head of a Chinese toy manufacturing company at the center of a huge U.S. recall has committed suicide, a state-run newspaper said Monday.

Well, it was either that or the government over there would have done it for him. That is a DP offense over there. And over here, most of the time we can't even off our perverts and child molesters!

Well, it was either that or the government over there would have done it for him. That is a DP offense over there. And over here, most of the time we can't even off our perverts and child molesters!
You got that right!
I think it was a "government assisted" suicide.

Anyone know how of Mattel's toys are made in China?

The same way Fischer Price is! everythings made in China, it's a joke.

We had Dora the Explorer Fischer Price toys recalled here in the last couple of weeks....made in China containing high levels of lead.

Less than two weeks after Mattel Inc. recalled 1.5 million Chinese-made toys because of lead paint, the toy industry is bracing for another blow that could give parents more reason to rethink their purchases just before the critical holiday shopping season.

Mattel is set to announce the recall of another toy involving a different Chinese supplier as early as Tuesday, according to three people close to the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

http://cbs13.com/topstories/topstories_story_226025448.html

Wonder if any of those jobs will be coming back to the US now? I doubt it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293180,00.html

Mattel Recalls Millions of Toys, Adds to Chinese-Made-Lead-Linked List

NEW YORK — Toy-making giant Mattel Inc. issued recalls Tuesday for millions of Chinese-made toys that contain magnets that can be swallowed by children or could have lead paint.
The recall includes 7.3 million play sets, including Polly Pocket dolls and Batman action figures, and 1.5 million die cast cars that contain lead paint.
The Polly Pocket and Batman recalls were announced on the company's Web site. The recall of lead-painted cars was announced at a mid-morning news conference by the Consumer Product Safety Commission in Washington.
With more than 80 percent of toys sold worldwide made in China, toy sellers are nervous that shoppers will shy away from their products.

I was going to ask, "Isn't anything sacred anymore?!" I mean really...we are talking Sesame street here! Ack! Elmo is toxic now!

Does anyone else think China is out to get us?

let's not forget about the Thomas the Tank Engine toys that were recalled as well. My son has about a zillion of them plus the Go Diego Go. Luckily he doesn't put them in his mouth. I told my husband the only one that we should probably have our Rottie checked for lead poisoning though since he's always chewing something up and he has a special affinity for anything related to Diego.

let's not forget about the Thomas the Tank Engine toys that were recalled as well. My son has about a zillion of them plus the Go Diego Go. Luckily he doesn't put them in his mouth. I told my husband the only one that we should probably have our Rottie checked for lead poisoning though since he's always chewing something up and he has a special affinity for anything related to Diego.

Lurker, I wonder....

Lurker, I wonder....

My Mom was telling me yesterday that she bought some cold cream from the dollar store for....a dollar (lol).

She got it home and read it and it said "Made In China". She said she had visions of her face swelling up and her skin peeling off so she threw it away.

Nah, I don't think China is out to get us.
Mattel and Fisher Price should have found out earlier if lead paint was being used in their toys. Don't they have some sort of quality control?
I mean, they make toddler toys and all toddlers do is put things in their mouth. :confused:

Nah, I don't think China is out to get us.
Mattel and Fisher Price should have found out earlier if lead paint was being used in their toys. Don't they have some sort of quality control?
I mean, they make toddler toys and all toddlers do is put things in their mouth. :confused:

I'm not so sure. First there was peanut butter, then fish, then dog food, then tooth paste and now toys. Wasn't the common denominator "made in China" ?

All made in China.

My son loves loves loves Disney's Cars, he has most of the diecasts except a couple hard to find ones. Very sad to see that the Sarge car is included in this latest recall. I have to check the number on the bottom when I get home, but pretty certain it was purchased after May.
And he's a 3 year old with sensory issues, lots of things, including Sarge, go in his mouth.
It worries me that of about about 40 Disney Cars diecasts, only one is being recalled. I fear the rest will be happening too. For this time around, the Cars were all bought within the last few months.
The last recall didn't affect us since most of it was bought last year.
It is so scary that these things that are supposed to bring joy to our children can actually kill them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back