General Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Continue here...changed the name to just general discussion so don't anyone freak out or anything ;) :)

Thanks, ChicoLiving!

I hope the kids are doing well. I guess since they spent time on vacation with Lisa's family...equal time is only fair. Maybe it is good for them to be away and out of state for the moment. It probably is taking a lot of pressure off them. Bless their hearts.

Has this already been discussed? Sorry, to lazy to go back and check. :)

Anywho! Wonder if Craig knows about this? :eek:

Hope he's sweatin' it!:razz:

JMHO
fran

http://websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1610121

Search For Missing Mom Reaches 3 Month Mark

Lisa Stebic Was Last Seen By Her Estranged Husband

<<snip>>

“We've been to Kentucky, we've been to Indiana, we've been to Iowa, we've been to Michigan," Bennett siad. "We've been all over following up on leads. Our investigation's kind of like an iceberg and the part that's underneath it and we've been working on, we really can't expose to the public."

But Bennett did say he expects to receive important lab results from the state crime lab.

I wish there would be some news or resolution to this case. This poor woman needs to come home, one way or the other. We hear nothing anymore. Time is ticking though, craigy boy. Wonder the reporter is up to these days??? Whose pool is she hanging out at?

She is probably hanging out with some Senator or Congressman this week. Next week, maybe it will be with a new employer...perhaps the National Enquirer?! LOL

Just a reminder re. garage sale this Friday and Sat. Aug. 10&11. More info on find lisa stebic web site. I know that some belive fund raisers are a waste...I am just believing that ANYthing that keeps Lisa's name out there is a plus....hope to see you there

Fran....I believe CS is sweating it....he is living the hunted life....not pleasent. At anytime the axe will fall, his life will be as it should a cold cell......

Here's something interesting...I went out to www.voy.com/211695/ to see what chatter might be out there, and the site no longer exists. Wonder why it was taken down? Yes, there was a lot of B.S. going on, but there was still some interesting information being discussed buried in all that BS. Any thoughts on what might have caused that site to disappear?

Here's something interesting...I went out to www.voy.com/211695/ to see what chatter might be out there, and the site no longer exists. Wonder why it was taken down? Yes, there was a lot of B.S. going on, but there was still some interesting information being discussed buried in all that BS. Any thoughts on what might have caused that site to disappear?

The Voy site got so bad that one of the regulars started a new site. The new site is moderated and is kept clean of 99% of the junk. Eventually, people, including a family member complained enough to the owners of the site and got it (the Voy site) shut down.

The new site is http://pub47.bravenet.com/forum/3952443598/

Many of the same people. One regular poster, Don Z is a family member. He is very interesting, although there still isn't a lot of new information coming out of it.

Thanks, CO. That site was, indeed, out of hand and needed to be cleaned up!

I think it is odd that Don Z would prefer to go to a junk site like that instead of here where people are truly interested in the case. I find that in itself very strange.

I think it is odd that Don Z would prefer to go to a junk site like that instead of here where people are truly interested in the case. I find that in itself very strange.

That is very strange, agreed, SS. Unless he is there hoping that someone will reveal something that would lead to a break in the case. The only other possible explanation is that he doesn't know this site exists, which I doubt.

Anyone besides me curious what the kids might talk about when they return to school in a few weeks?

I've wondered if CS will allow the kids to go to the same school, or further try to keep them quiet by sending them elsewhere under the pretense he's protecting them.

Don't forget the yard sale 8/10-11 9AM-4PM. All welcome lookforward to seeing you there!

Don't forget the yard sale 8/10-11 9AM-4PM. All welcome lookforward to seeing you there!
I was there and made a donation. How did it go?

I still wish that they would hurry up and bring the kids before the Grand Jury before school starts. It appears obvious that this is the only way they are going to get some info from them. Also, still frustrated that nothing has been said about the infamous "lab results due any day". :banghead:

Well thanks for being there. I agree it is very frustrating not hearing about any 'lab' results....I do believe that the lab usually takes longer than 3 months....I could be wrong

I was there and made a donation. How did it go?

I still wish that they would hurry up and bring the kids before the Grand Jury before school starts. It appears obvious that this is the only way they are going to get some info from them. Also, still frustrated that nothing has been said about the infamous "lab results due any day". :banghead:

Hi Close,

When does school start in Illinois?

Yeah, how about thoses lab results. Back on July 30th, it was reported that Chief Bennett expected to receive important lab results from the state crime lab in the coming days.
http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=34446@wbbm.dayport.com

I wonder if there wasen't enough blood to work with. If not; can't they a least perform a mitochondrial DNA to see if it matches Lisa's mothers' DNA. Man, this waiting is a bummer. I can only imagine how it is for the family......

I thought I'd share a post I did on another forum under the name Someone because it got over 2300 views, and it was copied to another forum with a large readership: Here it is:

The 800 pound gorilla

I don't know how to put this in a way that won't upset some people, but again, this is a forum and this is my thought:

If an animal that looks like a duck walks through my back yard, quacks at me and then flies away, should I doubt it was a duck because I can't prove it? Perhaps I was wrong. I should just be open minded that it could have been anything, but for me to call it a duck is irresponsible because I have no proof.

There is an 800 pound gorilla in the room. While it is possible that what we think is the gorilla is a fat hairy man, while someone shaved a gorilla, put him on a diet and dressed him up as a person. Maybe we should ignore the gorilla in the hopes that he will become like one of us. But my guess is that eventually the gorilla will display his true nature in the future. And I'm a little afraid of an 800 pound gorilla. Personally, I'd rather see that gorilla removed from the room for the safety of everyone in it. Perhaps I'm wrong. Then my apologies. I'm not above humbling myself, asking for forgiveness, and inviting that person back into the room. I'm sure that eventually that person would realize that, while I was wrong, I was trying to protect the others in the room that I love.

Besides, it's not as if this gorilla is trying to look like a non-gorilla. Sometimes my children lie to me and many times I can't prove it, but I know. I know that the majority of the people that read these posts feel pretty strongly about what happened. I have never said that, without any doubt, I absolutely know what happened. I have always expressed the fact that it is possible I'm wrong, just as when my children tell me they are not lying. I give them the benefit of doubt regarding punishment, but I still have a strong feeling in my heart that I'm right. And my wisdom is usually right.

But I'm afraid of what an 800 pound gorilla may do again in the future. If, again if, the majority of the people are right, we know this particular gorilla would have the capacity to be very calculating and deliberate, could strike from the same room, and not be discovered again.

But I guess I should look the other way and hope I'm wrong about the gorilla in the room. Let's just wait and see what happens because I can't prove that it's a gorilla.

Look before anyone says anything about double jeapordy stuff. I'm not saying let's be stupid and provide a legal hook to be free. But let's at least consider that this gorilla is not even trying to look like he's not a gorilla.

Now if you automatically assume I'm talking about C.S., you are as guilty as I am for making assumptions. I never said that, did I? Anyone that thinks I'm talking about C.S. understands the "gorilla in the room".

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, flies like a duck, I'm putting my money on the fact that it probably is a duck. But I could be wrong. That's okay with me because I like my odds. My apologies to the duck if it turns out to be a flying dog, but I can't help feeling what I feel based on wisdom, experience, and the power of observation. While not 100&#37;, it is right more often than not.

Hi Close,

Yeah, how about thoses lab results. Back on July 30th, it was reported that Chief Bennett expected to receive important lab results from the state crime lab in the coming days.

I wonder if there wasen't enough blood to work with. If not; can't they a least perform a mitochondrial DNA to see if it matches Lisa's mothers' DNA. Man, this waiting is a bummer. I can only imagine how it is for the family......

School starts next Thursday

Hi Close,

What blood? On the tarp? They already know it was Lisa's. There was a hit in the laundry room from a cadaver dog as well. The problem with what they have in the way of blood as in any case where the victim and suspect live together is that it has to be a large enough amount for experts to swear under oathe that the victim couldn't possibly live after such an extensive blood loss. I have to assume that LE doesn't have that. Under reasonable doubt the defense can say there are many ways to account for her blood on that tarp such as a cut finger and they went camping together, etc. No way to date that blood either. My guess is that there are no forensics in the house or vehicle that can prove she was murdered there. Without a body at this point they can't even prove she's dead. If they had forensics in the house that could prove death then they would have a chance of getting a conviction without the body at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff