AZ - Blair & Kimu Parker for starving 3 children, Scottsdale, 2005

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/0802sr-vegan0803-ON.html
SCOTTSDALE - A Scottsdale woman found guilty of three counts of child abuse was sentenced to 30 years in prison on Thursday.

Kimu Parker was charged with three counts of child abuse after her three young children were found malnourished and emaciated.

She was sentenced to 10 years for each count.
But Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Thomas O'Toole said he might ask the state's clemency board to reduce the sentence, according to the county attorney's office. The attorney's office opposes the measure.

"Thirty years in prison is entirely appropriate for a person who almost starved to death three defenseless children. We will strongly oppose any attempt to reduce this sentence," County Attorney Andrew Thomas said in a statement.

The three children, ages 3, 9 and 11 at the time of the arrest in April 2005, weighed 12, 29 and 36 pounds, respectively

http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/0802sr-vegan0803-ON.html
SCOTTSDALE - A Scottsdale woman found guilty of three counts of child abuse was sentenced to 30 years in prison on Thursday.

Kimu Parker was charged with three counts of child abuse after her three young children were found malnourished and emaciated.

She was sentenced to 10 years for each count.
But Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Thomas O'Toole said he might ask the state's clemency board to reduce the sentence, according to the county attorney's office. The attorney's office opposes the measure.

"Thirty years in prison is entirely appropriate for a person who almost starved to death three defenseless children. We will strongly oppose any attempt to reduce this sentence," County Attorney Andrew Thomas said in a statement.

The three children, ages 3, 9 and 11 at the time of the arrest in April 2005, weighed 12, 29 and 36 pounds, respectively
I just dont understand the thinking of anyone who can purposely harm or endanger children in any way, especially their own parents, I would die for my kids, parents are supposed to nurture, love and protect their children, it sickens me to the core that there are parents out there who knowingly hurt their children, whether it be mentally or physically.
These parents should never be allowed to live in society ever.

What is wrong with the judge and why does he want to reduce the sentence? She deserves every year of it.

Common sense should tell them their vegan diet was not nutritional for the kids. There's nothing wrong or unhealthy with being vegan if done properly. Those parents are idiots not to know their kids were starving.

Apparently, many kids are on vegan diets but it takes a lot of work. You have to be very careful about calcium & protein.

I'm not so sure about the 30 yrs in this case. This mom and dad were also vegans and they thought they were doing the right thing. It's not like those 2 loons who starved their kids because they were too busy playing video games. Basically, they didn't get enough education on vegans & children.

These parents also believed in hollistic medicine. None of the kids were vaccinated plus they were home schooled so I guess that's why nobody noticed the kids to report this earlier.

When I read this thread, my immediate thought was - wonder what the parents were eating... I found this link:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/41159

if you want to feed your kids vegan more power to ya. when you have kids you take on a duty. to allow your children to come this close to starving to death because you choose to ignore the warning signs is abuse. as adults we make the choices for our children. kids suffer when we dont look at the affect of our choices.

Common sense should tell them their vegan diet was not nutritional for the kids. There's nothing wrong or unhealthy with being vegan if done properly. Those parents are idiots not to know their kids were starving.

They had to know just by looking at them. The kids probably said that they were hungary all of the time. Most parents would starve so that their children could eat if there wasn't much food. If there is no way to buy food they would steal food to make sure their kids were fed...they would beg if need be but they would make sure that the kids were fed.

A while back CTV had a trial where the parents were vegan and the baby girl starved to death. The little boys were way under weight too. The boy's testified but over a monitor. They were so cute but they talked about being hungary and their baby sister dying. They now live with their aunt and are well fed and happy, adjusted little boys. The parents went to prison if memory serves me. Not for long enough but they didn't get away with it. That baby weighed less then when she was born and she was a few months old. They also had to see that she was just a little bone and was starving to death minute by minute...poor little thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back