IL - Kathryn Westerfield, 4, beaten to death, Canton, 26 Jan 2006

imthemom

Reaction score
Mother gets 18 years in child's death
Canton woman didn't intervene as her uncle beat her 4-year-old daughter to death
storytileROT(storytilefiles, "random")​

Saturday, August 4, 2007
BY BRENDA ROTHERT
OF THE JOURNAL STAR
LEWISTOWN - A Canton woman will spend 18 years in prison for sitting on a couch and watching as her 4-year-old daughter was beaten to death in January 2006.

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/080407/REG_BDVM2H36.033.php

Oh this is just sick..and the uncle was also her boyfriend! Nice... He died in prison I wonder what that was all about? Hopefully it was an inside job from someone who heard about what he had done to the little girl. :mad:

Oh this is just sick..and the uncle was also her boyfriend! Nice... He died in prison I wonder what that was all about? Hopefully it was an inside job from someone who heard about what he had done to the little girl. :mad:

I hope that he was beaten to death, just like he beat this innocent, little girl. I object to using taxpayer's money for an inquest. He's where he belongs.

In almost all cases of abuse I would be thrilled with this out come.
Not this one.

This women had an IQ of 65???
And her "boyfriend" was also her uncle???? This is one of the rare cases when I think she may have been just as much of a victim as her child.

I hope that he was beaten to death, just like he beat this innocent, little girl. I object to using taxpayer's money for an inquest. He's where he belongs.

They said he just died right after the sentencing. But I wonder if he was struggling with the cops and they gave a little what for. Things get covered up like that. He died probably over a month ago and they still haven't released anything more about it. <modsnip> and she had been investigated more than once by DCFS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nanandjim I feel the same way...is it wrong for us to ''hope'' that ?? And your right! Forget the inquest he is dead and who cares.:furious:

Breese pleaded guilty in June to aggravated battery of a child by accountability. The other charges were dismissed as part of a plea agreement in exchange for a sentence of six to 20 years in prison.

Why do they give plea agreements? It just burns me. It's like rewarding the criminal for their behavior. This woman will end up doing 6 years as they always end up serving a third of their sentence. Six years in exchange for the life of that little girl.

That is so sad that the mother sat and watched as her little daughter was beaten to death. If someone had ever said "get your *advertiser censored* over here" to one of my kids he would have seen a and it wouldn't have been my child. Shacking up with her uncle. That is so sick. Her dad said "she's always been real nice to her kids!" That's real nice to sit and watch your child be beaten to death and not do anything. Retarded or not a mother shouldn't have her children if she isn't going to keep them safe.

Breese pleaded guilty in June to aggravated battery of a child by accountability. The other charges were dismissed as part of a plea agreement in exchange for a sentence of six to 20 years in prison.

Why do they give plea agreements? It just burns me. It's like rewarding the criminal for their behavior. This woman will end up doing 6 years as they always end up serving a third of their sentence. Six years in exchange for the life of that little girl.

That is so sad that the mother sat and watched as her little daughter was beaten to death. If someone had ever said "get your *advertiser censored* over here" to one of my kids he would have seen a and it wouldn't have been my child. Shacking up with her uncle. That is so sick. Her dad said "she's always been real nice to her kids!" That's real nice to sit and watch your child be beaten to death and not do anything. Retarded or not a mother shouldn't have her children if she isn't going to keep them safe.

I agree she should not have had custody but imo that was someone else dropping the ball not the mentally challenged mother.
She was investigated by DCF and they clearly did nothing. But lets all note that they got away with their dereliction of duty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back