CO - Father Robert Whipkey for indecent exposure, Frederick, 2007

White Rain

Reaction score
This priests exscuse is absolutely BS!

FREDERICK, Colo. — A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after police said he went jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise.
The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day, a police report said.
He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. "I know what I did was wrong," he said in the report.
Whipkey did not return phone messages. His attorney, Doug Tisdale, told the Longmont Times-Call that Whipkey had no comment.
Whipkey, 53, was arrested June 22 in this small town about 20 miles north of Denver. An officer said he saw a naked man walking down the street at 4:35 a.m. The U.S. Naval Observatory Web site said sunrise that day in Frederick was 5:31 a.m.
The officer said when he shined his flashlight at the man, he covered himself with a piece of clothing he was carrying. more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292582,00.html

I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. What the hell is going on in the world today?

I'm a Catholic and my friends and I went to see some comedians at a comedy club in Baltimore. One of them did a skit on what's going on in the Catholic church.
Instead of "Forgive me Father, for my sins" he said it should be "Fondle me Father, for I am 6"

YIKES!!! My husband is Southern Baptist, he says that the Catholic church is so screwed up because the Priest have to swear to abstinence. Who knows, he may have a point.

I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. What the hell is going on in the world today?

I'm a Catholic and my friends and I went to see some comedians at a comedy club in Baltimore. One of them did a skit on what's going on in the Catholic church.
Instead of "Forgive me Father, for my sins" he said it should be "Fondle me Father, for I am 6"

YIKES!!! My husband is Southern Baptist, he says that the Catholic church is so screwed up because the Priest have to swear to abstinence. Who knows, he may have a point.

I think he does. I am also Catholic and I think it's really sad that priests can't marry and have normal, healthy lives.

As for THIS guy, though....:loser:

I think he does. I am also Catholic and I think it's really sad that priests can't marry and have normal, healthy lives.

As for THIS guy, though....:loser:
Double :loser:

I'm not Catholic, and I think the abstinence vow for priests and nuns are wrong. Many caring, wonderful people would take more of a part in the church if they were allowed to marry and raise children. And there probably wouldn't be all of this church pedophile scandal either.

Double :loser:

I'm not Catholic, and I think the abstinence vow for priests and nuns are wrong. Many caring, wonderful people would take more of a part in the church if they were allowed to marry and raise children. And there probably wouldn't be all of this church pedophile scandal either.

I am Catholic...at least I was raised Catholic...and I think making the changes you suggested is a good idea. I don't think it will ever happen...but the changes need to be made.

I am also Catholic & will only go into the Catholuic church again if a family member is married or a funeral of one.

The priest who gave my Mom last rites had murdered 2 people at a motruary, unbeknownst to the community. Or trust me I'd of never let the murdering scum of the earth near my Mom. I can't get over the fact this was allowed to happen to so many people in our area.

The Bishop was well aware of it. As LE closed in on him the priest hung himself at the new church he was appointed to. Reason for the murders,was he was about to be turned in for abusing boys.

The church covered his lowlife loosing azz & the damage he was allowed to do just pi$$es me off. The bishop just retired from Superior & he to shoud be jailed for letting this pedophile breathe the same air we breathe.JMHO

You can google his name: Fr Ryan Erickson

cheko1- I googled this Father Ryan. What a piece of work he was. I can not imagine the grief that those that came in contact with him had to endure. I was raised catholic but am no longer. I am a Christian and in know way want to bash the catholic church but boy do some people need a wake up call. I have a 38yo brother who was sexually assualted by a priest back when he was 11-12. He did not tell anyone until he was 22yo.
I will tell yo he is a mess. When my other brother and I look back on it we saw a dramatic change in him around the time that this occurred. He went from being a goofy little boy who told knock knock jokes that were really only funny to himself (he used to laugh hysterically) to being a sad, lonely young man. This behavior was not talked about back then so my parents were not the least suspicious. This priest spent many holidays in our home and was a part of our lives. I remember that he gave my older brother and I the creeps b/c he was so touchy. He took the innocence of a child and changed him forever.This experience has affected every aspect of my of my brothers life.About 10 years ago my father contacted this priest who of course denied any wrong doing. I occasionally google his name to see if their has been anyone else but, I have never been able to find anything. I just can't believe that my brother was the only one.

This used to be my old parish when I lived in Colorado! I don't know this priest, he came on board after I moved to Arkansas.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Witness’ ‘alarm’ led to exposure charge

By Douglas Crowl
The Daily Times-Call

An off-duty police officer who reported feeling “alarmed” after seeing a priest walking naked through Frederick gave another officer cause to cite the priest on suspicion of indecent exposure, according to state statutes.

The Rev. Robert Whipkey — the priest at St. Theresa Catholic Church in Frederick who also officiates at parishes in Mead and Erie — was cited early June 22 after the officer witnessed him “completely nude” while walking down Fifth Street in Frederick.

~~~SNIP~~~

“These kinds of cases are very, very difficult,” Moorhead said.
It’s particularly difficult because a conviction on indecent exposure puts the person in the same sex-offending status regarding public reporting as, for example, a person who commits rape or makes a sexual advance on a child.

In this case, indecent exposure may have nothing to do with sex, Moorhead said.

Whipkey, known by parishioners as Father Bob, told officers June 22 that he was jogging nude because wearing clothing makes him sweat profusely.

~~~SNIP~~~

The rest of the story is at the link.....

http://www.timescall.com/region-story.asp?ID=2854

I guess maybe he should not jog outside, huh? In yesterday's paper he said he wasn't worried about anyone seeing him naked because it was so early in the morning! :doh: That just makes me wonder how many times he did this before being caught! :eek: :eek: :eek:

OK, at least this is the same guy. I thought maybe the Catholic priests had started some type of protest against having to wear their robes or something. There's another thread on this guy somewhere here!

Tez, do you know anyone that can let you know the real scoop about this guy? I hope he isn't one of those troubled priests that has just been moved around to avoid problems.

Oh, and something about the name "Father Bob" cracks me up as it relates to this story. :D :blushing:

OK, at least this is the same guy. I thought maybe the Catholic priests had started some type of protest against having to wear their robes or something. There's another thread on this guy somewhere here!

Tez, do you know anyone that can let you know the real scoop about this guy? I hope he isn't one of those troubled priests that has just been moved around to avoid problems.

Oh, and something about the name "Father Bob" cracks me up as it relates to this story. :D :blushing:

Taximom, I will see if any of my friends up there know anything this weekend. I have free long distance on the weekends, so I will call someone and ask. I do know in yesterday's paper, a parishioner who didn't want to be named said she wouldn't attend the church anymore because of this.

I laughed when the article said the police officer was "alarmed." I guess I would be if I saw a priest jogging in the buff on a public street!!!!

A man jogging nude would give a whole new meaning to Father "BOB" I would think!!

Too funny. At least he wasn't hurting anyone!!:D

Well maybe Father Bob should have payed more attention to the news like all of us Websleuthers do. If he had, he would have known that he could have taken a vacation here in Vermont and rode a biked, jogged, or walked bare-azz all he wanted and no one would have batted an eye not even the cops.

Welcome to naked in Vermont

Buff Bikers Hit Burlington

<CENTER></CENTER>
I wonder if he was wearing his priest collar.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Altho, this Priest could be up to no good in the neighborhood, too. I sure wouldn't allow my children around him after a stunt like this.

(OK I wouldn't have allowed my children around him without supervision before that either, but that is just me being overprotective. I am not being "prejudice" against Catholic Priests. Frankly, I didn't trust any man "of the cloth" or not around my kids when they were growing up.)

Well maybe Father Bob should have payed more attention to the news like all of us Websleuthers do. If he had, he would have known that he could have taken a vacation here in Vermont and rode a biked, jogged, or walked bare-azz all he wanted and no one would have batted an eye not even the cops.

Welcome to naked in Vermont

Buff Bikers Hit Burlington

<center></center>
I wonder if he was wearing his priest collar.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

OMG dark_shadows! That is too funny!:crazy: The article didn't say and neither did the one yesterday. I was going to post the one from yesterday, but I was having computer problems. I am sure there will be another article tomorrow.

The comments about "bob" have made me laugh too!

If the Church would allow priests to marry and have normal lives, they wouldn't do weird stuff like this, or there would be a LOT less of it. I don't wanna be gross, but I think the good Reverend was gettin' some jollies from *it* 'bobbing' up and down as he jogged...and it's just not normal that these men cannot marry and have to be celibate. Maybe the man has become a little mentally off from not gettin' any...EVER.

I had a friend who is a priest. A dang good-looking one, too. He and I had a good friendship when he was here in my area and there was some electricity there, too, on both sides, but of course nothing ever happened or would have happened. Such a shame that no woman can ever have that man b/c he was such a sweet person & very handsome man and would have been a great husband, father AND priest. And he obviously had the ability to be attracted to women b/c he was attracted to me...poor guy. He wasn't a sicko or a pervert in any way. Just a normal, human man who loves the Lord and gave his life over to serving Him, but in doing so he gave up ever having a "normal" life. I don't think God intended that...I think He intended men and women to marry and be fruitful and multiply....JMHO.

If the Church would allow priests to marry and have normal lives, they wouldn't do weird stuff like this, or there would be a LOT less of it. I don't wanna be gross, but I think the good Reverend was gettin' some jollies from *it* 'bobbing' up and down as he jogged...and it's just not normal that these men cannot marry and have to be celibate. Maybe the man has become a little mentally off from not gettin' any...EVER.

I had a friend who is a priest. A dang good-looking one, too. He and I had a good friendship when he was here in my area and there was some electricity there, too, on both sides, but of course nothing ever happened or would have happened. Such a shame that no woman can ever have that man b/c he was such a sweet person & very handsome man and would have been a great husband, father AND priest. And he obviously had the ability to be attracted to women b/c he was attracted to me...poor guy. He wasn't a sicko or a pervert in any way. Just a normal, human man who loves the Lord and gave his life over to serving Him, but in doing so he gave up ever having a "normal" life. I don't think God intended that...I think He intended men and women to marry and be fruitful and multiply....JMHO.

I agree completely. Sex is a basic need. Not gettin' any - EVER - ain't normal.

I couldn't agree more- it's so not normal for human beings not to have sex, especially males- look what they do when they ain't getting it! any number of sicko things-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back