Fair dinkum!

It's a different story in the UK though!

'No worries' infiltrates British English

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=285069

<<The widespread use of Australian idioms by British people is a sign of respect.
"You don't get that kind of acceptance of another dialect unless they were seen as prestigious. You don't borrow from a dialect you don't respect," he said.
"That's why a lot of Americanisms don't get in (to British English) or get in slowly>>

Link to Neighbours:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neighbours

I think I better stay off international flights.....Id be arrested for sure:doh:

I think I better stay off international flights.....Id be arrested for sure:doh:

LOL you and me both- I laughed at this in the article

<<A spokeswoman for the airline said it was not simply a matter of misunderstanding the language.
"We witnessed aggressive behaviour throughout the flight," she said.
Reynolds was not charged and allowed to go on her way, she said.>>

Poor girl just wanted a pretzel LOL

What ever you do..dont ask for a pretzel...just be happy with the peanuts.

What ever you do..dont ask for a pretzel...just be happy with the peanuts.

lol- you crack me up- got it- don't ask for a pretzel when flying around America :p

(she actually wanted pretzels instead of crackers)

I think I'd be a bit cranky too having to put up with what she did just for saying fair dinkum, geez

just another good reason not to get on a plane:p

This made me laugh, I also posted the link in the Aussie thread, but I hadnt caught up on all the reading today. I have been on a few planes and people just love the way the Aussies talk, they tell you to keep talking because they love it so much, the Americans seem to remember the saying "Throw another shrimp on Barby". I heard that a lot when I was in Hawaii.

This made me laugh, I also posted the link in the Aussie thread, but I hadnt caught up on all the reading today. I have been on a few planes and people just love the way the Aussies talk, they tell you to keep talking because they love it so much, the Americans seem to remember the saying "Throw another shrimp on Barby". I heard that a lot when I was in Hawaii.

Paul Hogan has alot to answer for- luckily he didn't catch on in too many other places besides America lol- as Effie would say 'how embarrassment'!!

You didnt bring me any presents home from Hawaii.:slap:

Paul Hogan has alot to answer for- luckily he didn't catch on in too many other places besides America lol- as Effie would say 'how embarrassment'!!

I love Effie, I use to do my hair just like her.

You didnt bring me any presents home from Hawaii.:slap:

Sorry Dingo, I still have some leis around somewhere I will make sure you get some.

Ive still got leis left over from newyear......I was sort of hoping I would have got a pink TShirt with hibuscis flowers on it:rolleyes:

Ive still got leis left over from newyear......I was sort of hoping I would have got a pink TShirt with hibuscis flowers on it:rolleyes:
Couldnt find any of them, so noone got them, how about a grass skirt and coconut shell bra, I have that here somewhere.:)

Shazza just didnt look hard enough ,thats why dingo missed out :(

What they don't have City Beach in Hawaii :p

Didnt see one, but was with my parents so only went into the cheaper shops, pensioners ugh.:doh:

Shazza just didnt look hard enough ,thats why dingo missed out :(

I woulda bought ya something back from New Zealand but not going now, and we have enough sheep here anyhow.:crazy:

This thread is starting to veer way off topic so im not going to request that you go to NZ and bring me back a TShirt with baaaaaa written on it.

I was just reading on msn that you can fly from Australia to Malaysia return for $31:eek: ......I dont think so......youd proberly have to ride on the wing for that price.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back