Daycare Under Investigation For Leaving Child Behind

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=88823JACKSONVILLE, FL -- A two-year-old boy was left behind at a Chuck E. Cheese's in Arlington Friday, and police say he was forgotten by the people who were being paid to look after him.

The child was found a little after 11:00 Friday morning by a worker from another daycare while he was wandering around.

The owner of Kings and Queens Childcare Learning Center didn't return to pick him up until nearly 5:00 in the evening.

Before they showed up, the Department of Children and Families took the child into their custody.
=========
more @ link.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Don't even know how to respond.

Who takes a daycare group of 2yos to CEC?

It took 6 hours for them to go back and get him???

Who leaves their child with a daycare center that has earned a C and an F rating in the past?

Too many questions, and I think my head might explode. They are SOOOOOOOOOOO lucky that a nice normal person found him and not some perv.

I'll bet the parents are still shaking.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

That is frightening. So they didnt even realise their error? They had to be informed?

Is Chuck E. Cheese's aimed at that age group? Sorry im not familiar with it.

That is frightening. So they didnt even realise their error? They had to be informed?

Is Chuck E. Cheese's aimed at that age group? Sorry im not familiar with it.

Chuck E. Cheese is the ultimate kids spot. They load them up on sugar and pizza and send them to the games. It's like an indoor amusement park. The good thing about it is that they stamp kids hands when they come in to match them with the adult who brought them. They then check the stamps upon leaving to make sure they match. (At least, that's what they do around here)

It's a pretty neat place in small doses. My son loves it but they don't server alcohol so I can't take it very long. LOL
Just imagine a bunch of adults sitting around or playing skee ball while hundreds of sugar jacked up kids run amock screaming and playing.

Here's they're website

http://www.chuckecheese.com/

Their motto is Chuck E. Cheese, where a kid can be a kid. I've heard a lot of stories about children being "left' at Chuck E. Cheese. I've often wondered if it's done on purpose as a sort of impromptu baby sitting service. I'm more paranoid then that, even though no one could (supposedly) take my son due to the stamp check, someone could still snatch him in the bathroom for some perv activity. An adult by themselves wouldn't really stand out too much here because of all of the birthday parties going on. Once you're inside it's pandemonium and there's plenty of adults by themselves, whether they have kids or not really wouldn't be noticed

This was 100% the daycare employees' fault.

The one who found him and was quoted in the article was correct. They should have done a head count at the door, on the van, on the sidewalk back at the school as they got off the van, and once back in the classroom at the bare minimum. That is 4 times, at the very least, when they should have noticed that he was missing.

Also, in every childcare center where I have worked, a 2yo needs assistance with either diapering or going to the bathroom, and it is usually documented in some way. Did no one notice that he hadn't had a diaper change in 6 hours???

Did they not notice that he had had no lunch, no afternoon snack, no nap?

When they went on the playground for the afternoon or did circle time, no one noticed that little Joey was missing from the group? Which leads me to the question, how many children was each teacher responsible for?
In FL, according to this website, it could be as low as 1:6 or as high as 1:11, depending on the age group he was with. I'm assuming the older since they were on a field trip. Also, at least one additional adult is required since they were on a field trip. http://www.daycare.com/florida/ BTW, we never took kids younger than 3 on a field trip - WAY too risky.

http://www.daycare.com/florida/standard.html

(f) When transporting children, staff to child ratios must be maintained at all times. The driver may be included in the staff to child ratio. Prior to transporting children and upon the vehicle(s) arrival at its destination the following shall be conducted by the driver(s) of the vehicle(s) used to transport the children:

1. A log shall be maintained for all children being transported in the vehicle. The log shall include each child's name, date, time of departure and time of arrival, signature of driver and signature of second staff member to verify driver's log and the fact that all children have left the vehicle. The log shall be retained for a minimum of four months.

2. Upon arrival at the destination the driver of the vehicle shall:

a. Mark each child off the log as the child departs the vehicle,

b. Conduct a physical inspection and visual sweep of the vehicle to ensure that no child is left in the vehicle, and

c. Sign the log verifying that all children were all accounted for and that the visual sweep was conducted.

3. Upon arrival at the destination a second staff member shall:

a. Conduct a physical inspection and visual sweep the vehicle to ensure that no child is left in the vehicle, and

b. Sign the log verifying that all children were accounted for and drivers log is complete.

This whole thing was a disaster waiting to happen. And now it's left to the lawyers. I'm just so thankful that the little boy is okay, but the poor thing having to spend the day with DFCS because of these idiots!!!

The daycare needs to be closed down. They aren't caring for the kids. Period. That idiot director needs to be charged with child neglect. This just made my blood run cold, and then boil. :furious:

Huh. I just wonder. . . . if the daycare returned at 5 and the child was still milling around, would they even have told the parents that they'd had an "oops" and forgotten him? That part about not knowing how they were going to tell the parents what had happened. . . geez. :doh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back