TN - Derrell & Jamila Nunn for aggravated child abuse, East Brainerd, 2003

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nunns Get 20 Years Each For Aggravated Child Abuse[/FONT]

Judge Jon Kerry Blackwood gave the sentence to Derrell Nunn Sr., a teacher at Hardy Elementary School at the time of his arrest, and his wife, Jamila Nunn.

DJ Nunn was nine months old when he was rushed to Children's Hospital on the morning of Sept. 5, 2003. The child is now living in Alabama, is in a wheelchair, can speak only a few words and is on a breathing tube and feeding tube. The child attends school.

A detective from Irondale, Ala., said police are still investigating a case in which Derrell Nunn Sr. allegedly fell down a staircase while holding an infant son. That child died.

Police said Darrell Nunn was found lying at the bottom of the staircase after police were summoned.

An officer said a coroner's report found that the infant child had previous injuries.

I don't know how old this jerk is but he needs more than 20 yrs. behind bars.

I don't know how old this jerk is but he needs more than 20 yrs. behind bars.

I agree 100%! Especially since it looks like he also killed another infant - that's two children he abused, one resulting in death.

Son's death in Ala. probed

A couple ... are also the focus of a child death investigation in Alabama, a detective said Tuesday.

Court records in Chattanooga contain an excerpt of a Jefferson County, Ala., medical examiner's report that shows Jalen Nunn "was reportedly being held by his father at the top of a flight of steps with the father reportedly accidentally falling down the steps and losing control of the decedent and landing on top of him after he hit the floor, which was wood laid on top of a concrete slab."

The coroner's report also says Jalen Nunn shows signs of a previous hemmorrhage "which obviously predated this incident and which at the present time is unexplained."

The report lists the cause of death as "undetermined."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back