PIRATE act

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

Leahy says he will introduce patent and trademark reform known as the PIRATE act, making it easier for small as well as large manufacturers to protect their intellectual property. He said the profits from intellectual property theft are going into illegal enterprises. "A lot of this money is now being funneled to organized crime," he said, "It's being funneled to terrorist organizations."

The article also states that Vermont developing a crime unit to focus on computor based thefts (IP theft, ect.)

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I don't believe the money is going into terrorist groups ..

I think that is just a panic buzz word to pass the act.

I don't believe the money is going into terrorist groups ..

I think that is just a panic buzz word to pass the act.
Dear sweet Amraann,:blowkiss:

Your post is very much appreciated and I did not even think of it that way when I underlined that sentence. Now I see it in a different light. Thank-you.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Hmmm, it's been a few years, but I have been known to check out the warez scene when money was tight. Unfortunately I can see the funds going to help terrorist groups. This article got me thinking and I went on the hunt for warez sites (they are very abundant and not hard to find at all these days). Many of these sites are ran by teenagers but there are many that are operated by adults and most of these are in foreign countries. Those in foreign countries do indeed, tend to charge fees to download whatever program, movie, or cd that you are after. OF course the fees they are demanding are far less than those charged by the owner/s and many folks are dumb enough to pay it not knowing exactly what the funds are being used for. Most sites tell you it is to help cover the bandwidth or server fees and in some cases that may be true, more times than not, it's going right into the site owner's pocket and who knows what they do with it.

Just another insite into the world of warez for those not familiar with it.

Hmmm, it's been a few years, but I have been known to check out the warez scene when money was tight. Unfortunately I can see the funds going to help terrorist groups. This article got me thinking and I went on the hunt for warez sites (they are very abundant and not hard to find at all these days). Many of these sites are ran by teenagers but there are many that are operated by adults and most of these are in foreign countries. Those in foreign countries do indeed, tend to charge fees to download whatever program, movie, or cd that you are after. OF course the fees they are demanding are far less than those charged by the owner/s and many folks are dumb enough to pay it not knowing exactly what the funds are being used for. Most sites tell you it is to help cover the bandwidth or server fees and in some cases that may be true, more times than not, it's going right into the site owner's pocket and who knows what they do with it.

Just another insite into the world of warez for those not familiar with it.
Dear Meduza,:) :)
I want to thank-you for posting the info. It is very informative.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member