FL - Charles Johnston, 64, & Randy Peacock, 49, murdered, St Johns County, 4 Oct 2006

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=89448 McKenzie pleaded not guilty to the two murder charges, but in opening statements he described in detail how he killed the men and how he retrieved the hatchet, the murder weapon.

McKenzie told the jurors he knew the men because he was refurbishing a house for them in Green Cove Springs. He said in early October 2006 he was visiting their home on Palmo Fish Camp Road in St. Johns County, and he had asked for a hammer to bang out dents in his car. He said Johnston gave him a different tool.

“I asked for a hammer. I got a hatchet,” McKenzie said.

McKenzie said he went to Johnston and Peacock’s home to steal money from them. He then described how he hit both men with fatal blows. One man was in the shed, the other was in the kitchen.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/082107/met_192977835.shtmlHe said he had asked Johnston for a hammer and a piece of wood with which to knock out a dent in his gold-colored Kia Sorento.
The hammer he got had a hatchet edge on the opposite side.
Johnston, 64, went to a shed next to his double-wide mobile home to look for wood, McKenzie said, 11 minutes into his statement.
"He walked in, and I walked in behind him," said the defendant. "I struck Charles Johnston one time in the back of the head."
McKenzie went into the home, where Peacock, 49, was in the kitchen, stirring a pot of chicken soup.
"I came up behind him and struck him one time in the back of the head," said McKenzie. "He fell forward on both elbows ... directly in the pot of chicken soup.
"He didn't cry out in pain. He was balanced there perfectly ... leaning with his arms in the pot."
McKenzie said he wasn't going to discuss a possible motive.
"At a later time, the reason may be important," he said.
Assistant State Attorneys Angela Corey and Chris France are asking the jury of seven men and five women to sentence McKenzie to death.
After an Aug. 10 hearing, Circuit Judge Wendy Berger said McKenzie would be allowed to dismiss his attorneys.
On Monday, McKenzie agreed to the validity of all the prosecution's evidence. Medical Examiner Terrence Steiner is expected to be the state's last witness when the trial resumes at 9 this morning.

He sure has a fool for a client doesn't he?

I'm pretty sure he's going to be found guilty....What a moron!:boohoo:

hmm.... I'm thinking that it is a brilliant attempt at an insanity defense. Or at least he thinks it is brilliant, anyway.

hmm.... I'm thinking that it is a brilliant attempt at an insanity defense. Or at least he thinks it is brilliant, anyway.

I didn't think about that way Jodibug! I think the word "thinks" is the operative word in that second sentence. Because I don't "think" that is going to go over too good with the jury, but then again, you never know. Does that make any sense to anyone but me???? LOL

jeesh the prosecution didnt have to do anything.
this guy gave them the details of the murder AND the motive.
tool

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=89448 McKenzie pleaded not guilty to the two murder charges, but in opening statements he described in detail how he killed the men and how he retrieved the hatchet, the murder weapon.

McKenzie told the jurors he knew the men because he was refurbishing a house for them in Green Cove Springs. He said in early October 2006 he was visiting their home on Palmo Fish Camp Road in St. Johns County, and he had asked for a hammer to bang out dents in his car. He said Johnston gave him a different tool.

“I asked for a hammer. I got a hatchet,” McKenzie said.

McKenzie said he went to Johnston and Peacock’s home to steal money from them. He then described how he hit both men with fatal blows. One man was in the shed, the other was in the kitchen.

This guy is a peice of work. He must have a death wish to do this to himself. Well deserved, I must say so, and made it easy for the jury. It takes all kinds.

Gozgals

Well at least he saved the taxpayers some money....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back