LA LA - Rebecca Gary, 32, Baton Rouge, 27 Dec 1988

froggierintexas

Don't squat with your spurs on!
Reaction score
RPGary.jpg
RPGary1.jpg
RPGary2.jpg

Rebecca Pauline Gary
Missing since December 27, 1988 from Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: May 27, 1956
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 105 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Birthmark on right leg around knee

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gary was last seen on December 27, 1988 at her apartment on 8383 Airline Highway, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The manager at her apartment complex found a packed suitcase and family photos spread out on the bed in Gary's apartment but no sign of Gary.
The lights were on, the coffee pot was gurgling and Gary's driver's license and keys were in her bedroom. A few weeks later when the manager checked the apartment again, the lights were off but the suitcase still lay packed on the bed with the photographs nearby.
The 32-year-old waitress hasn't been seen since Christmas Day 1988, when she visited with family and friends.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Baton Rouge Police Department
225-389-8617 NCIC Number: M-341520814
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source: Doe Network

Here is an article about the daughter searching for her mother. http://www.freep.com:80/apps/pbcs.d...1/70803078&template=theme&theme=MISSING082007

Could someone pm me and tell me how to add pictures to the post, they showed up as a link and I am best with pen and paper.

I wanted to let you know that I contacted the daughter before I posted her info and hope that she understands that we are not trying to upset her, just collaberating and trying to reach the answer, whatever that answer is.

<

Rebecca Gary was last since dec 1988. After doe above was found.

I'm sorry, I read it to say that "doe" was found in 98 and Rebecca went missing in 88. (A ten year gap in the dissappearance and when "doe" was found?) I sometimes read things wrong- just saw some similarities in appearance. Sorry!

You are not wrong, I am. You had me thinking about it so I reread. And either you are right or my eyes are failing me. SO sorry. There should be a law against reading and responding while tired. Please forgive me for the mistake. Doe-1998, Gray-1988. As far as resembling each other, I do see some similarities but as I have made enough mistakes for this morning, I will reserve my comparisons for after I get some sleep.

Again- Sorry.

You are not wrong, I am. You had me thinking about it so I reread. And either you are right or my eyes are failing me. SO sorry. There should be a law against reading and responding while tired. Please forgive me for the mistake. Doe-1998, Gray-1988. As far as resembling each other, I do see some similarities but as I have made enough mistakes for this morning, I will reserve my comparisons for after I get some sleep.

Again- Sorry.

I hope you get some rest! (I've been reading far too much this weekend also, it wouldn't be out of the realm for me to read wrong.) Thanks for looking at the link, I am not very good at this comparing. Also thanks for the link to the "freep" new story above, it was very touching.

Have a good and restful day!

"Bossier City woman waits for DNA answers on long-missing mother's birthday"

http://www.ktbs.com/story/29175027/bossier-city-woman-waits-for-dna-answers-on-long-missing-mothers-birthday

When Bossier Parish authorities matched Carol Ann Cole's DNA to a decades-old cold case, they closed one investigation but inspired Williams to restart her own search. Within days of looking, Williams found unidentified remains from Kentucky that gave her hope.

Her family gave DNA samples, with the help of the Bossier Sheriff's Office, nine weeks ago. Now that genetic material is in the hands of the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System for comparison.

Help Find Rebecca Pauline Gary Facebook Page

It's been an emotional day our family. We've waited 15 weeks for the testing to be completed and we are hoping that the comparisons to our DNA samples will be pretty quick. No one wants Mom/Becky to be Kentucky Doe, we would like her to be alive, happy somewhere but realistically more than likely isn't the case so closure is what we are hoping for. Please continue to pray for our family. This isn't easy on any of us. We are all grieving and handling it in our own way. Having a missing loved one is hell, no one should have to go through this. I'm praying this 26 year nightmare I'm living is close to being over.

www.arklatexhomepage.com/news/local-news/the-search...becky-gary/881974152

I just saw this on my local news and found this old thread. I will be adding some news articles tomorrow to give some insight to this case. I have also reached out to a family member on becoming a verified insider. This case is local to me and I know we have some great people in here that can help, even in a " cold case" Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back