Six Die In Wedding Accident!

I saw this story on MSNBC a few minutes ago. They said that alcohol or drugs was not a factor. The poor old man probably couldn't see well at night (my grandpa is 71 and I know he has trouble driving at night, so he doesn't get on the road after sunset) and now he'll have to live with what happened forever. MSNBC also said that the couple is still going to have the wedding despite the tragedy. Prayers to the families of the victims and hope that the couple has a happy future.

Awwwww! This story is heartbreaking. I can't imagine how awful this man feels and the families plus the couple who just married. Bless their hearts. Having to go from such a wonderful occassion to very sad funerals.

I have a friend who was at his wedding reception and his new bride asked if he would run into town to pick up ciggies n such before they left on their honeymoon. He was killed in a single car accident on the way. They were married less than two hours. It was horrific. I don't know how she made it through.

My heart aches for all involved, how tragic. I can't imagine being in any of their shoes this morning as I sit at my kitchen table on my laptop and my 2 yr old is safely at maw maws, 14 yr old is cleaning the kitchen, and hubbers is sleeping away.....I am so blessed. I am so sorry for them. I am so blessed to never have had to endure some of things that I read everyday here.

This is very sad indeed :( :( prayers for all involved in this tragic accident.

Two weeks ago Mr. Masterj's boss attended the wedding of her boyfriend's best friend. A week later she attended his funeral. He died of a brain aneurysm on his honeymoon.

all these stories on this thread are so sad :(

Prayers for this couple and all involved.

Serious and Master......what sad and heartbreaking stories! :(

It is so true you just never know what will happen from one minute to the next. Live every minute to the fullest extent and say, "I love you" often.

Oh, My~! I didn't realize they were walking down the road after dark! Not a very smart thing to do without having LE to warn people driving and to protect the people walking. It sounds like there were cars lined up on both sides of the road, too...which further caused this tragedy. There was nowhere for the man to veer when he realized what was happening. How awful!

I am glad the couple went ahead with the wedding as I am sure the people who were killed would want it that way. I know it will probably be the hardest thing they ever will have to do, hopefully. They can begin their married lives clinging to one another and working through the mourning. It will make the rest of their married life together seem like a piece of cake when problems arise. I wish them all the best.

Oh, My~! I didn't realize they were walking down the road after dark! Not a very smart thing to do without having LE to warn people driving and to protect the people walking. It sounds like there were cars lined up on both sides of the road, too...which further caused this tragedy. There was nowhere for the man to veer when he realized what was happening. How awful!

I am glad the couple went ahead with the wedding as I am sure the people who were killed would want it that way. I know it will probably be the hardest thing they ever will have to do, hopefully. They can begin their married lives clinging to one another and working through the mourning. It will make the rest of their married life together seem like a piece of cake when problems arise. I wish them all the best.

It's something you have to decide beforehand, that if your speed is low enough to survive, run into the cars, not people. In driving on tracks when something adverse is about to happen, if you're lucky, time seems to get slower and give you a window to respond.

Crypto6

I saw the 71 yr old man on TV - the cameras focused on him for a few minutes. He was obviously in shock - had blood all down the front of him. Poor guy just standing there staring into space. Don't know why somebody didn't put a blanket over him which is one of the first things you do when someone is in shock. I hope he's ok.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back