GUILTY FL - Jonathan Foy, 24, shot dead in Tallahassee CV store robbery, 26 Aug 2007

cdt0283

Reaction score
Tallahassee man killed in convenience-store robbery

A Tallahassee convenience-store clerk died of an apparent gunshot wound after a Sunday morning robbery of the BP/Island Food Store, 1955 W. Pensacola St.

At 5:38 a.m., customers called 911 after they found Jonathan Foy, 24, of Tallahassee, lying on the floor behind the counter, said John Creamer, a spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070826/BREAKINGNEWS/70826002

That's horrible. He was so young! When my daughter was looking for a 2nd job to help pay her bills, I told her she couldn't work in places like this. Some people just don't have the choice, I guess. RIP, Jonathon.

This comment got me choked up from the "story chat" column next to your article, cdt:

The clerk who was murdered is my best friend's brother. I never, in a million years, wanted to get the phone call I got this morning telling me that a member of her family (who I consider to be my surrogate family) was killed in such a cold blooded manner. Johnny was a kid who was struggling to find his path in life like each of us are, working what jobs he could to earn his way, and wanting like each of us do the opportunity to something to make his mark on this earth. Johnny's life was tragically cut short by some who thought a measly amount of robbery money would somehow do him some good.

When did we, as a community, fall asleep and let these people come in? Where along the way did we fail these kids and allow people like this to become people who, when we least expect it, turn our lives upside down?

Johnny was a good kid. He was by no means perfect, but then again who is? Johnny did NOT deserve to die is such a violent, tragic, and unnecessary manner. Johnny deserves to have his murderer revealed and brought to justice. I am pleading with you all -- if you know ANYTHING about who did this heinous crime, please report it to the police. Please let Johnny's family have the closure they so desperately deserve.

Posted by: nolegirl on Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:02 pm

They have video. Why isn't the suspects face plastered all over the news?
As usual I think LE is slow on the draw. These criminals need their faces on the tv and in the paper just as fast as possible. If this guy starts to run, his only chance to run is rob another store to get more money. And maybe kill again.
Quicker responses are needed.

They have video. Why isn't the suspects face plastered all over the news?
As usual I think LE is slow on the draw. These criminals need their faces on the tv and in the paper just as fast as possible. If this guy starts to run, his only chance to run is rob another store to get more money. And maybe kill again.
Quicker responses are needed.

They do have a video, but all it shows is what looks like a white hood/towel wrapped around the guy's face so many times you'd only be able to say it looked like the Michelin Man. I'm sure if they had something else that we could do to ID him, they'd let us know.

Geez Louise. I work right around the corner from this place---literally two minutes away. I didn't even know this had happened. And I grew up with a family of Foy's in my neighborhood. Oh man I hope it's not someone I knew, even long ago.

This town is insane right now--two state colleges and one community college all within a few miles radius. Population overflow. My biggest worry so far has been driving through traffic---I just can't believe the viciousness of something like this happening here. I mean, we're not Mayberry, but this is still a small town.

You can bet your bippy I'm gonna have some back-up when I do the outside necessities at work tomorrow morning---we have to be there before 6 AM.

This just makes me ill. So sad for his family.

Thanks Taximom. Believe me---I've been reading crime books since I was able to check out books at the big kid library. I'm obnoxously safety-conscious. I drive my kids insane. Thanks sweetie :blowkiss: .

It's killing me thinking about this poor kid. I've worked overnights before--matter of fact, in the same block where this went down, albeit years ago. At 5AM of an overnight shift all you're doing is counting the minutes until you can go home and go to bed. So so sad.

Geez Louise. I work right around the corner from this place---literally two minutes away...

I used to live a block from there myself (on Bellevue at Ocala), though that was years ago. I guess this is why Grandmother had a fit when I applied to work at a 7/11...

I live about 1/4 mile from this store. I always get gas there on the way to work and use their drive thru car wash. I can't believe this. Just across the street from me there have been 3 home invasions, car thefts and now this murder. Its scary that our smaller college towns are becoming so dangerous.

TPD arrests suspected killer

Police have arrested Theophilus L. Jones on charges of first degree murder and robbery with a firearm after questioning him about the death of Jonathan Foy, TPD spokesman John Creamer said.
The Robbery Task Force came across Jones' name while looking for links to other robberies in the area, Creamer said. Investigators met with Jones this afternoon when he was meeting with his probation officer.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070827/NEWS01/708270318

Geez Louise. I work right around the corner from this place---literally two minutes away. I didn't even know this had happened. And I grew up with a family of Foy's in my neighborhood. Oh man I hope it's not someone I knew, even long ago.

This town is insane right now--two state colleges and one community college all within a few miles radius. Population overflow. My biggest worry so far has been driving through traffic---I just can't believe the viciousness of something like this happening here. I mean, we're not Mayberry, but this is still a small town.

You can bet your bippy I'm gonna have some back-up when I do the outside necessities at work tomorrow morning---we have to be there before 6 AM.

This just makes me ill. So sad for his family.

You're right to worry about the traffic here, though - with my daughter being 16, I started thinking of all the new 16 year olds in all the high schools around here driving - with their cellphones/ipods, and all the drunk college kids driving - with their cellphones/ipods... and just this morning on Crawfordville Highway there was an upside down car IN HALF at the side of the road. Probably a drunk teenager by the looks of the audience. :-(

But, then again, I know alot about the homeless shelter here and I can tell you that cocaine and pills are a huge part of the homeless population and probably other areas of this city as well. Once you get that stuff in your system, you'll hurt anyone to get money for more. That's not just big cities, but Mayberries and Tallahassees too. :-(

I hate drugs. Every single inmate pen pal I write to, and every single homeless person in the homeless shelter we have here - every last one of them got where they are from drugs - directly or indirectly (mostly directly). Why isn't the DARE program doing field trips???

You're right to worry about the traffic here, though - with my daughter being 16, I started thinking of all the new 16 year olds in all the high schools around here driving - with their cellphones/ipods, and all the drunk college kids driving - with their cellphones/ipods... and just this morning on Crawfordville Highway there was an upside down car IN HALF at the side of the road. Probably a drunk teenager by the looks of the audience. :-(

But, then again, I know alot about the homeless shelter here and I can tell you that cocaine and pills are a huge part of the homeless population and probably other areas of this city as well. Once you get that stuff in your system, you'll hurt anyone to get money for more. That's not just big cities, but Mayberries and Tallahassees too. :-(

I hate drugs. Every single inmate pen pal I write to, and every single homeless person in the homeless shelter we have here - every last one of them got where they are from drugs - directly or indirectly (mostly directly). Why isn't the DARE program doing field trips???

Hey Glitch---how's it goin?

Yeah, my daughter may be 18, but she JUST got her license a month ago. I have to keep telling myself that if Will-Killya County and the State of Florida say she's ready, I have to just let it go. But then the second I hear a siren, I feel like the old days when all of the sudden I noticed the house was TOO quiet and felt the urge to run and check on her. Only difference is now I have to stop in my tracks. I worry that I haven't taught her all of the frightening possibilities of stuff that run through my head. Things like cars upside down. Ugh.

Glad to see today that they caught the that pulled this robbery. I bet you're right and drugs had a part in this. I just can't fathom how a chemical can make someone lose their humanity. I have a drinkie-poo now and again, but to KILL someone over it? Only thing I can figure is they didn't have any scruples in their life to begin with.

When I started junior high school there was no DARE. At the beginning of the year, an officer did a seminar and scared jail into us. One seed--pill residue in your pocket--a stem--ANYTHING--and you were gonna be out of school and in jail faster than your head could spin. Then, when you did get a field trip, it was down to the county jail so you could see how "good" inmates had it. This way of teaching did wonders for my psyche and the kids I knew---no way in hell were we going near that stuff (at least til we got older and dumber). Maybe DARE is missing something somewhere.

(BTW & OT--Zelda the iggy says hi. Wonders why the bird is in a ferret cage and she's in a birdcage, although she loves it. )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back