PA - Tyron Hill, 11, dead, twin critical after stabbing, Penn Hills, 28 Aug 2007

CNN said:
He said he heard one of the boys call out, "Pappy, I'm dead. I'm dying," and found Tyrel Hill hiding in the attic, bleeding and wrapped in a blanket.

That'd rip my heart out, to hear anyone saying that, much less my young grandson... :( I'm praying for him. Nothing will replace his twin though. :(

He was arrested: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294995,00.html

PENN HILLS, Pa. — Police on Wednesday arrested an 18-year-old man charged with stabbing his half brothers, 11-year-old twins, killing one of them and leaving the other seriously injured.
Troy Hill was arrested after he emerged from some woods in Penn Hills, the same Pittsburgh suburb where he is alleged to have stabbed the twins.

I read this a little bit ago and it breaks my heart. Those poor little boys. It wasn't bad enough that they were being stabbed to death. They knew it was their big brother killing them. They had to see each other suffer.

My God! What is wrong with this world??? Prayers to their parents, grandparents and all who knew and loved them.

This is so sad prayers to the family. When I was around 15 or 16 1973 or so my bestfriends brother chased his brother and my bf around with a steak knife he was nuts screaming because his parents were out of town and we wouldn't let him go somewhere. This is not new just hear about things a lot more due to internet.

This is not new just hear about things a lot more due to internet.

You're right on that. I saw a scrapbook on ebay the other day from the mid-late 1800s with clippings about various crimes. I read every one that they had in the photos. Really gruesome stuff happened then, too. Think I will go see if the auction ever ended.

As a still 'new grandmother' that just ripped out my heart :(

From above link:
Troy Hill Sr. told reporters Saturday his son has been sick with paranoia for some time. He said his son told him he wanted to kill himself and also admitted to hearing voices. He claimed the television and his sister's dolls were talking to him.

According to Nickell, all of those symptoms would and should be a sign to mental evaluators of a significant mental problem.

"If somebody or a person were hearing voices and they what an evaluator thought was a credible threat to themselves, that certainly could be seen as grounds or cause for at least having the hearing to see if the judge wanted to commit the person," said Nickell.

At last check, Troy Hill Jr. was in the infirmary within the Allegheny County Jail.

A hearing on Thursday will determine if he is to be sent to Mayview State Hospital.

this family saw he had mental problems and trusted doctors who sent him back home. how easy it would be to prevent this tragedy. 1 child dead, 1 scared for life inside and out, and 1 in jail.

This is horrible, my heart goes out to the surving twin, as i know twins are incredibly close. My prayers for the whole family. I believe his family in what they are saying that the system failed him. If Western psych had committed him, this whole thing could have been avoided.
It's sad when preventable crimes happen that could have been prevented. Countless stories of murders that have happened due to lack of follow up or care from mental health systems, cps, restraining orders..

2015:

A couple who claims their son should have been committed the day before he stabbed his 11-year-old twin half-brothers, killing one, have settled their lawsuit against Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic...

Police arrested Troy Hill, Jr., now 26, and charged him with the attack. He has yet to be found mentally competent to stand trial...

Troy Hill, Jr. has yet to go to trial in criminal court, but his medications and progress are being monitored by the courts.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015...-brothers-settles-suit-against-western-psych/

Background:

his father and step-mother started to notice their teen-age son was acting strangely. He would take several lengthy showers each day, claiming that he smelled bad, despite reassurances that he did not.

During a visit with his mother, who lives in Virginia, he threatened his mother’s roommate with a knife when he learned the man had used his washcloth.

He spent hours by himself in the dark basement of his family’s home, saying that he thought the television and his sister’s dolls were talking to him...

Shortly after Mr. Hill was criminally charged, he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and deemed to be incompetent to stand trial. He was sent to Mayview State Hospital for evaluation and later resided at the state facility at Torrance

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/e...abbing-his-twin-brothers/stories/201505310126

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back