MO - Ashley Woods for attempted murder of newborn, Kansas City, 2007

For the baby...
4po5to4.jpg

What get me is she'll probably try to sue McDonald's now for not having larger toilets...Okay bad joke But seriously, this will somehow become someone else's fault. Poor. poor baby.

What an idiot. You can't fit a baby down the toilet.

So glad the baby survived! And I guess I'm glad the mother was a total moron?

From the article:
"She's being treated, and we haven't been able to talk to her to get her side of all of this," Lockhart said.

Police will then consult with prosecutors to determine what, if any, charges will be filed.

I'm sorry. There is no "side" to this. She tried to flush her baby down a TOILET! And there sure as heck better be charges!

I don't even want to read the story, please just tell me the baby lived.

32 weeks in and she didn't know she was pregnant? Whatever.....the female body goes through some major changes duuuuhhh.. What did she think was moving around in her belly and making it rounder and larger? I hope the baby is ok since he obviously got zero pre-natal care.

From the article:
"She's being treated, and we haven't been able to talk to her to get her side of all of this," Lockhart said.

Police will then consult with prosecutors to determine what, if any, charges will be filed.

I'm sorry. There is no "side" to this. She tried to flush her baby down a TOILET! And there sure as heck better be charges!

From the article:

"Kansas City police are investigating a 20-year-old woman who allegedly tried to flush her newborn son down the toilet at a McDonald's restaurant after giving birth in the restroom."

They don't know that she tried to flush her baby down the toilet - that's why this incident is alleged and being investigated.

They don't know that she tried to flush her baby down the toilet - that's why this incident is alleged and being investigated.

The paramedic said that the baby was still in the toilet and not breathing when they arrived. The ONLY acceptable thing for this woman to do was to scoop the baby up and call for help. She didn't do that. Her co-workers found her in the bathroom and the baby in the toilet. It didn't get in there by itself. While I understand that they have to investigate, there's still NO excuse for the baby being in the toilet. Also, she told paramedics that she tried to flush the baby.

The paramedic said that the baby was still in the toilet and not breathing when they arrived. The ONLY acceptable thing for this woman to do was to scoop the baby up and call for help. She didn't do that. Her co-workers found her in the bathroom and the baby in the toilet. It didn't get in there by itself. While I understand that they have to investigate, there's still NO excuse for the baby being in the toilet. Also, she told paramedics that she tried to flush the baby.

It's still not cut and dried. If she had no idea she was pregnant and something came out of her, she may well have tried to flush it. Or she might have been in shock from emotions or blood loss or whatever.

The bottom line is that she does have a side to this story and the investigators need to hear it before they decide how to proceed and thank goodness that's the way it works in this country.

It's still not cut and dried. If she had no idea she was pregnant and something came out of her, she may well have tried to flush it. Or she might have been in shock from emotions or blood loss or whatever.

The bottom line is that she does have a side to this story and the investigators need to hear it before they decide how to proceed and thank goodness that's the way it works in this country.

I agree with SCM on this.

She could have been in a total state of shock.

Despite what many think .. plenty of women have baby's every year and did not realize they were pregnant.
I don't understand it either but it does happen as evident by women who are thrilled at the surprise and have no reason to lie.

I imagine if she truly did not know then she thought she had an upset stomache (what else could she think if she did not know?)

She could have simply been in shock and seen blood and once her brain realized what she tried to flush she could have really flipped out and started saying she tried to flush her baby .... not as an admission of guilt but more like a statement of shock and OMG what just happened.
Repeating it several times indicates that to me rather then her trying to admit to guilt.

She could have simply been in shock and seen blood and once her brain realized what she tried to flush she could have really flipped out and started saying she tried to flush her baby .... not as an admission of guilt but more like a statement of shock and OMG what just happened.
Repeating it several times indicates that to me rather then her trying to admit to guilt.

While it's still hard for me to digest, I can sort of understand this point of view.

And I admit that saying it several times does seem like more of a shock statement.

She told them she tried to flush the baby several times. There is no alleged event, she said she did it.

She told them she tried to flush the baby several times. There is no alleged event, she said she did it.

Perhaps when she tried to flush it, she didn't realize it was a baby; but by the time the paramedics got to her, she did. Again, this story is still developing. That's why these events are described as "alleged".

......She could have simply been in shock and seen blood and once her brain realized what she tried to flush she could have really flipped out and started saying she tried to flush her baby .... not as an admission of guilt but more like a statement of shock and OMG what just happened.

This is what I was thinking too.

Of course, I don't know it went down this way, but I can imagine a situation where it might have gone down this way.

Perhaps when she tried to flush it, she didn't realize it was a baby; but by the time the paramedics got to her, she did. Again, this story is still developing. That's why these events are described as "alleged".

So after several flushing attempts she couldn't at least pull the baby out the toilet,and try to save it...took the paramedics coming to pull the baby out and bring it back to life.

So after several flushing attempts she couldn't at least pull the baby out the toilet,and try to save it...took the paramedics coming to pull the baby out and bring it back to life.

Maybe she did - we don't know all of what happened. We don't know if she was in shock or for how long or when she came to or anything....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back