Another Spinach Recall

Dark Knight

Reaction score
A California produce company recalled bagged fresh spinach Wednesday after it tested positive for salmonella.

There were no immediate reports of illness linked to the tainted spinach, distributed by Metz Fresh LLC of King City, Calif. The recall comes nearly a year after an outbreak of another pathogen, E. coli, in fresh spinach killed
three people and sickened another 200.

The recalled spinach was distributed throughout the 48 states and Canada and sold in both retail and food service packages. It covers 8,118 cases of spinach, although the company said more than 90 percent of that was on hold and would not be released.

While only a single sample from one of three packing lines tested positive for salmonella, the company said it moved to recall all the spinach packed that same day as a precaution.

The recall covers 10- and 16-ounce bags, as well as 4-pound cartons and cartons that contain four 2.5-pound bags, with the following tracking codes: 12208114, 12208214 and 12208314.

Consumers with questions can contact Metz Fresh at 831-386-1018.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070830/ap_on_re_us/tainted_spinach

Oh no! I hope nobody gets sick (or worse) this time.

Thanks for the info, DK.

I was eating spinach with chopsticks last night and I don't feel so good.

Thanks, DK...I just sent this article to everyone in my address book here in the U.S...:sick:

Aww, JBean, hopefully it is just from the mention of it and not anything real. Let us know how you are. :blowkiss:

A fish store has "activated carbon" which is the same stuff they make you drink at the hospital to clear out stuff from your stomach. Might want to consider a shopping trip. Good luck!!!

My daughter had some and seems fine, but I'll give the rest to my Iguana.

Gosh, I've been eating spinach all week and I feel fine except for my lower back, it's been killing me :( but that is a different topic and has nothing to do with the spinach, hum, or does it? :D OUCH!, that hurt my back just typing..

You better brush your teeth asap!

:p :p

Remember to remove your leaded jewelry before you meet up with the toilet.

:p
:D :D

Aww, JBean, hopefully it is just from the mention of it and not anything real. Let us know how you are. :blowkiss:
Glitchwizard said:
A fish store has "activated carbon" which is the same stuff they make you drink at the hospital to clear out stuff from your stomach. Might want to consider a shopping trip. Good luck!!!

My daughter had some and seems fine, but I'll give the rest to my Iguana.
Thank you EL and Glitch, I was just making a funny about our recent scares. I am really fine, no chopsticks, no spinach.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back