Has a mythical beast turned up in Texas?

Dark Knight

Reaction score
CUERO, Texas - Phylis Canion lived in Africa for four years. She's been a hunter all her life and has the mounted heads of a zebra and other exotic animals in her house to prove it.

But the roadkill she found last month outside her ranch was a new one even for her, worth putting in a freezer hidden from curious onlookers: Canion believes she may have the head of the mythical, bloodsucking chupacabra.

"It is one ugly creature," Canion said, holding the head of the mammal, which has big ears, large fanged teeth and grayish-blue, mostly hairless skin.

Canion and some of her neighbors discovered the 40-pound bodies of three of the animals over four days in July outside her ranch in Cuero, 80 miles southeast of San Antonio. Canion said she saved the head of the one she found so she can get to get to the bottom of its ancestry through DNA testing and then mount it for posterity.

She suspects, as have many rural denizens over the years, that a chupacabra may have killed as many as 26 of her chickens in the past couple of years.

"I've seen a lot of nasty stuff. I've never seen anything like this," she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070831/ap_on_re_us/mythical_chupacabra

Interesting...I'll bet someone will step up to do the DNA testing soon. The cryptozoology crowd will be quite excited. :)

Ohh I love this stuff, bigfoot, lochness! I do think it is a kind of dog, but wow look at those fangs. I think the vet is onto something. My son who is 8 can tell you all about the Chupacabra (SP?). I think there are many species out there we have not idea about yet. The world is so big, the ocean so deep, places never explored, it is definitely possible in my book.

Seems Texas has been finding some weird things lately! Maybe the chupacabra helped make that huge web that they found in that Texan park recently! :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Seems Texas has been finding some weird things lately! Maybe the chupacabra helped make that huge web that they found in that Texan park recently! :)
I guess all species get along there, from spider team work-to vampire/dog breeding.

Ummmm Its a DOG!

I can't even believe people are buying this crap.

First off .... the chupacabra is suppose to be a magical creature so killing it would not be possible.

Its just an ugly dog!

Looks like a dog with a bad case of mange to me.

Wow, I hope that animal gets tested,and we can find out what it really is...

I live in Texas, htown....

Im a SKEEEEEEEEEEEERED,,,,,

Better make sure I keep my laying hens in the coup...:chicken:

Man, if they keep telling all our secrets, Texas will soon be found out. We are home to the weird, unknown and awesome creatures. I usually just say 'Hi neighbor' when I see them, lol.

Man, if they keep telling all our secrets, Texas will soon be found out. We are home to the weird, unknown and awesome creatures. I usually just say 'Hi neighbor' when I see them, lol.

LOL frog - my first thought when I saw it was one of those Texas wild boars, but the nose isn't quite piggy enough - but who knows, maybe it's a cross between a wild boa and a wild dog of some sort - is that possible? I don't think it's a chupacabra though, they are much more demonic looking, IMO>

I actually considered that too, that the snout and fangs look like the boar I see every week on the Road. Maybe Boar meets dog = love story. Lol, who knows. That's why I love Texas, you never know what you will see when you go through the day. Keeps it interesting.

Posted by Imthemom
Or one of those Chinese Crested hairless dogs, they have some messed up teeth and are very ugly.

I take offense at that. I have a Chinese Crested dog, and she is BEAUTIFUL!!!

How rude of you to say that.

Also, it is mean to say that a dog is ugly....they can't help how they look.
They are God's creatures.

If I knew how to insert an image, I'd show you her picture.

Posted by Imthemom

I take offense at that. I have a Chinese Crested dog, and she is BEAUTIFUL!!!

How rude of you to say that.

Also, it is mean to say that a dog is ugly....they can't help how they look.
They are God's creatures.

If I knew how to insert an image, I'd show you her picture.

TOS ....

Ummmm Its a DOG!

I can't even believe people are buying this crap.

First off .... the chupacabra is suppose to be a magical creature so killing it would not be possible.

Its just an ugly dog!

I think it is a dog too guys!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling