Reaction score
James Ronald Peters

peters_james_ronald.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: September 3, 1988 from El Cajon, California
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: April 20, 1969
Height and Weight: 5'10, 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, hazel eyes. Peters may use the last name Peter. Some agencies refer to him as Jamie Ronald Peters.

Details of Disappearance
Peters was last seen at his home in El Cajon, California on September 3, 1988. He has never been heard from again. He was reported missing by his mother. His vehicle was later found abandoned and stripped of its parts. Peters's case remains unsolved and is being investigated as a homicide.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
El Cajon Police Department
619-579-3392

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/peters_james_ronald.html

Today, September 3, 2007, marks eighteenth anniversary of James's disappearance. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of James Ronald Peters, please contact the El Cajon Police Department at 619-579-3392 or your local police station (you can remain annonymous).

Bump

This month will mark 22 years that James has been missing. Come home soon.

James is not listed in NamUs at this time.

No archived articles found at this time.

Bump

This month will mark 22 years that James has been missing. Come home soon.

James is not listed in NamUs at this time.

No archived articles found at this time.

:twocents:

Hi,

Jamie Peters is my brother. I just found this site by doing a search on my older brother's name. I wanted to thank you for not forgetting him. September 3, 2012 will mark the 24th year of his disappearance. I was 8 years old when he disappeared. If anyone knows anything about his case, I beg of you to share it with me. The passing of time doesn't make his disappearance any easier. I hope someone out there has the courage to speak. Once again, thank you for the support. You have no idea what it means to me...

For details about his case and pictures please click the link below:

Jamie disappeared on September 3, 1988 never to be seen again. In December of 1988 his VW beetle was found stripped completely with a swastika carved into the hood. It was found on Mussey Grade Road in Ramona, CA. Since then we have found no leads in my brother's case. When he went missing he was wearing jeans, a dark shirt, and a red plaid flannel. He has blond hair, hazel eyes. At the time of his disappearance he was 19 years old, 5'10", and 140 pounds. He was last seen leaving his apartment on Peach Street in El Cajon, CA by his roommate Richard (Ricky) Ruiz.

Please help if you have any information...

Sincerely,
Loving Sister of Jamie Peters

Hello Kam_SD_CA, I hope you and your family get some answers soon.
If you don’t mind me asking did LE question your brothers room mate at the time?

Hello Lilachaze,

Thank you for taking an interest and of course I don't mind you asking. I was only 8 years old at the time and I don't know first hand how deeply the El Cajon Police Department looked into the roommate's involvement in my brother's disappearance but my mother told me that the police did question Ricky Ruiz (Jamie's roommate) while Ricky was in jail for another crime. Weirdly enough, Ricky was in Jail less than 2 months after my brother's disappearance for beating his new roommate over the head with a baseball bat. The article for that incident can be seen at the following link:

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-11-02/local/me-548_1_apartment-complex

I have called the El Cajon Police Department on many occasions after I turned 18 years old and I am always told the same thing: "It is still an open investigation and we cannot talk about it with you."

That is all I know about that connection so far. It is hard not to be able to get any answers and with as much time that has gone by, it gets harder and harder.

Once again, thank you so much for your interest and support. It really means a lot to know someone out there cares and is listening. Jamie is still in my thoughts daily and he will NEVER be forgotten.

All My Best,

Thank you for your reply.
I’m sorry the police can’t give you more answers on your brothers’ case. I hope you get some answers soon.

Hi,

Jamie Peters is my brother. I just found this site by doing a search on my older brother's name. I wanted to thank you for not forgetting him. September 3, 2012 will mark the 24th year of his disappearance. I was 8 years old when he disappeared. If anyone knows anything about his case, I beg of you to share it with me. The passing of time doesn't make his disappearance any easier. I hope someone out there has the courage to speak. Once again, thank you for the support. You have no idea what it means to me...

For details about his case and pictures please click the link below:

Jamie disappeared on September 3, 1988 never to be seen again. In December of 1988 his VW beetle was found stripped completely with a swastika carved into the hood. It was found on Mussey Grade Road in Ramona, CA. Since then we have found no leads in my brother's case. When he went missing he was wearing jeans, a dark shirt, and a red plaid flannel. He has blond hair, hazel eyes. At the time of his disappearance he was 19 years old, 5'10", and 140 pounds. He was last seen leaving his apartment on Peach Street in El Cajon, CA by his roommate Richard (Ricky) Ruiz.

Please help if you have any information...

Sincerely,

BUMPING FOR JAMIE ITS NOW BEEN 30 YEARS.

Original

Thumbnail

I am repeating part of the quote above that was written by his sister.

Jamie disappeared on September 3, 1988 never to be seen again. In December of 1988 his VW beetle was found stripped completely with a swastika carved into the hood. It was found on Mussey Grade Road in Ramona, CA. Since then we have found no leads in my brother's case.

When he went missing he was wearing jeans, a dark shirt, and a red plaid flannel.
He has blond hair, hazel eyes. At the time of his disappearance he was 19 years old, 5'10", and 140 pounds.
He was last seen leaving his apartment on Peach Street in El Cajon, CA by his roommate Richard (Ricky) Ruiz.

Last edited:
JRPeters.jpg

JRPeters1.jpg

1017DMCA - James Ronald Peters

Name: James Ronald Peters
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 03, 1988
Location Last Seen: El Cajon, San Diego County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: April 20, 1969
Race: White
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Jamie, James Ronald Peter
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

James Peters was last seen on September 19, 1988 in El Cajon, California. His mother reported him missing. His vehicle, 1970 green Volkswagen Bug, was later found on December 5 stripped and parked at the desolate end of Mussey Grade Road in Ramona. Scratched into the rooftop was a one-foot large swastika.

Investigators received anonymous information that Peters may have been involved in a cult called either "Rainbow," or "Children of Rainbow." Police have not attached any significance to the swastika as being a sign of the cult

He was a drug user and had moved out of the family house just 10 days before his disappearance. He had been living in a Peach Avenue apartment in El Cajon with a friend. The friend said Peters had returned one night, packed his duffel bag and left the apartment without a word. He loved to skateboard, shoot BB guns at cans and body surf at South Mission Beach.

Missing Person
James Ronald Peters

James-Peters-74128_1.jpg

Missing Since:
09/03/1988
Sex:
Male
DOB:
04/20/1969
Race:
White
Height: