Man saves 7 yr old plane crash victim

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
This happened locally and it brings me to tears every time I hear about it on the news. The father and 9 yr old brother died, but a hero saved the 7 yr old by rowing out to the plane crash site and finding him.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14038475/detail.html

Click on "row boat" for this side of the story. There are other videos there updating the story. This happened over the weekend.

Omg this is wonderful, Im so glad to see something that someone did that was a good thing.

Saw this on TV today--A tragic story but also an inspired one--The 60-year-old rescuer didn't hesitate a second and rowed out there as fast as he could--Incredibly he heard a tiny voice, a 7 year old boy still swimming in the cold water trying to stay alive, knowing that his father and brother had just been killed--The 60 year old rescued him and marvelled at the little boy's will to live

This happened locally and it brings me to tears every time I hear about it on the news. The father and 9 yr old brother died, but a hero saved the 7 yr old by rowing out to the plane crash site and finding him.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14038475/detail.html

Click on "row boat" for this side of the story. There are other videos there updating the story. This happened over the weekend.

This is such a beautiful, yet bittersweet story.

May this little guy have the love and support to start healing.

That man did such a wonderful thing. I'm sorry that the little boy lost his father and brother but glad that he survived. I hope he can heal.

Local news said that the little boy saw blood all over his father's face as they hit the water. :( He's going to need some therapy and lots of extra love.

Awwwww Geez. Poor little guy. :(
It is "bittersweet".

Thank goodness for Chuck Herndon! If not for him, this sad story would have been worse. Amazing, the little 7 year old was able to keep swimming and knew to holler out and amazing of his rescuer giving it his all at 60 to get to the little guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back