TX TX - Jimmy Martin, 39, Normangee, 6 Aug 2007

jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
A search is under way for a missing gay Madison County resident whom investigators fear may have been a victim of violence.

Jimmy Martin, 33, was last seen in his hometown of Normangee on Aug. 6. His burned-out car was found two days later in Centerville, which is in the neighboring county of Leon.

Madison County Deputy Sheriff Paul Cannon said Martin’s mother reported him missing. There is no evidence as to what happened to Martin, Cannon said.

“Right now, we don’t have any clues,” Cannon said. “We’re just not getting any tips whatsoever.”

Cannon said Leon County officials are also involved in the search for Martin because they believe his car was used to run over a woman before it was burned in their county.

“As far as his whereabouts, or what has happened to him, we really don’t know,” Cannon said. “There is a possibility of foul play.”

Frank Black, search organizer for Texas EquuSearch, said he fears the worst has happened to Martin.

more at link...........
http://www.dallasvoice.com/artman/exec/view.cgi/87/6452

Picture:
http://www.texasequusearch.org/missing_persons/JimmyMartin.pdf

link to the story from the woman run over by his car:
http://www.theeagle.com/stories/080907/local_20070809093.php

Leon County unsolved missing person case qualifies for new reward program

An unsolved missing person case involving a Leon County man now qualifies for a $3,000 from the Texas Rangers, according to Leon County Crime Stoppers.

Jim Craig Martin’s disappearance was first reported to the Normangee Police Department in August 2007.

The Office of the Governor, Texas Department of Public Safety, and Texas Crime Stoppers announced the reward program on Thursday. The program is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division and administered by DPS. It is designed to help generate investigative leads in unresolved or cold case homicides.

Numerous leads have been investigated in which Martin was killed and his body possibly being disposed of in a rural area of Leon, Madison or Brazos County.

10-year-old Madison County cold case back in spotlight

Sylvia Moss of the Normangee Star says Martin’s mother has been running a missing persons ad in the paper every year since he went missing.

"As a mother my heart goes out to her,” said Moss. “She's doing all that she can do."

Wednesday, the paper ran an update from the Governor's office offering a $3,000 cash reward from the Texas Rangers for information that helps solve the case.

Madison County Sheriff Travis Neeley has been working with Leon County to solve the case.

"Basically they arrive back at the same point we do,” said Neeley. “Yes it is probably a homicide but we still don’t know the where, how, or who.”

TXDPS - August 15, 2018 DPS Offers Increased Reward, Seeks Leads in 2007 Cold Case

AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is asking for the public's help in solving the 2007 disappearance of Jim Craig Martin, and an increased reward of up to $6,000 is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of those responsible if the tip is received before next month's featured Texas Rangers cold case is announced. (A $3,000 reward for information leading to an arrest is routinely offered on all cases on the Texas Rangers' Unsolved Homicides website.)
upload_2018-8-15_21-25-38.jpeg
The disappearance of Jim Craig Martin was reported to the Normangee Police Department in August 2007. Texas Rangers and local authorities conducted interviews with witnesses and possible suspects in the case. During the course of the investigation, information was gathered that Martin was likely killed and his body possibly disposed of in a rural area of Leon, Madison or Brazos counties. His body was never recovered, and the case remains unsolved despite extensive efforts by law enforcement authorities.

To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters MUST provide information to authorities by calling the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477). All tips are anonymous.

Individuals also can submit information through the Texas Ranger cold case website or by contacting us at 1-800-346-3243 (DPS Missing Persons Hotline).

Texas Department of Public Safety

Unsolved Homicide Details

Some time last year I found this case on the DPS website and made a fb post so it could be shared since there was no other way to do it. A lady I went to school with said she had known him and I made the post public so it could be shared. Since then its gotten some more exposure and I was glad to hear they were increasing the reward to try getting some information. Another fb friend of mine said her uncle had disappeared in a similar fashion to this case and also in the Madison/Leon County area.

Was skimming through the Texas Rangers' Unsolved Homicides just now and came across Jim's case. There was an indictment this past July. I searched and it doesn't appear local media picked up on it.

Texas Rangers Cold Case Investigation Details

"As part of this ongoing investigation, this case was presented to a Leon County Grand Jury and an indictment was returned on 07/22/2020."

Was skimming through the Texas Rangers' Unsolved Homicides just now and came across Jim's case. There was an indictment this past July. I searched and it doesn't appear local media picked up on it.

Texas Rangers Cold Case Investigation Details

"As part of this ongoing investigation, this case was presented to a Leon County Grand Jury and an indictment was returned on 07/22/2020."
That’s good news. I hope he is found.

I found this earlier article on the suspect. Definitely not a good guy.
Central Texas man called 'armed and dangerous' now in custody

8:21 p.m. Leon County authorities say Willingham is now in custody. No other details were immediately available.

==========================

Previous story:

Authorities say an armed and dangerous man with multiple warrants could be in the Bryan and College Station area.

Hollis Lane Willingham, 42, is wanted for a number of charges including aggravated assault on a police officer, assault of a family member, and parole violations.

Hollis Willingham was found guilty today and was sentenced to life in prison with no parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back