Explain the Blood in the Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The big evidence seems to be Maddie's blood in a rental car trunk THREE WEEKS after she went missing.

WHAT????? HOW????

How in the world could her parents have kept her body hidden before putting her in the trunk?

I think it's blood transfer from a towel or a blanket. Only thing that makes sense.

What do you all think?

I am with you that it is probably transfer. I have a hard time believing that with all the media attention on them,they toted her body around for nearly a month.

I think that if they did it, they sedated her and she had a terrible reaction, which could have included vomiting blood and other fluids. :(

It has been reported that cadaver dogs hit on the car keys of that rental car. So, 3 weeks after Maddie's disappearing would have to mean Kate or Gerry came in contact with the body after renting the car otherwise they would be no cadaver odor.

Could it be from Maddie herself? Maybe she had dried blood on her
and when they put her in the trunk to move the body it was transferred?

It has been reported that cadaver dogs hit on the car keys of that rental car. So, 3 weeks after Maddie's disappearing would have to mean Kate or Gerry came in contact with the body after renting the car otherwise they would be no cadaver odor.
what exactly do the dogs need to get a "hit"? if she was killed in bed and laid there for 2 hours then her body was dumped and the blankets from the bed was not. how would the blanket carry the scent? 3 weeks later the blanket that her body was under and that has her blood on it is moved in the car. would that cause the dogs to alert?

what exactly do the dogs need to get a "hit"? if she was killed in bed and laid there for 2 hours then her body was dumped and the blankets from the bed was not. how would the blanket carry the scent? 3 weeks later the blanket that her body was under and that has her blood on it is moved in the car. would that cause the dogs to alert?

I would think the dogs alerted because the hand that used the car keys had cadaver scent on them. The DNA in the trunk was some biological whether it was blood or decomposing remains. The cadaver scent lasts a long time once it has been established....I think it would be a little longer than 2 hours though to be fully pungent (sorry couldn't think of another word). I would have to research that.

Did I hear the news correct this afternoon about traces of blood being found in the hotel room or were they talking about the car?

decomposing remains

Would decomposition cause, gosh this sounds awful, blood to 'leak' from body?

The rental was 3 days after her disapperance right? Would that forensically be possible?

It was my first thought concerned, but not sure if my theory even is plausable.

I go with transfer... if they hid sheets and clothing away that had her fluids on it, say in a bag or suitcase, the fluids would have had a hard time drying up... especially in a tropical setting... the moisture factor is a pain in tropical settings. A "3 week later transfer" could be very plausible in that setting. And yes, even the smell of a corpse could have been found, if the material at one point held her body long enough to have the postmortom fluids get on it.

I thought I heard that the Madeleiene's DNA showed up in a cupboard of some sort, the flat that the McCann's rented after her disappearance. This would fit the "transfer" scenario of DNA, if the parents were moving the material from place to place, hiding the stuff and waiting for the opportune moment to get rid of the stuff.

The rental was 3 days after her disapperance right? Would that forensically be possible?

yes, after a body bloats it collapses and the flesh becomes soft, then the fliuds begin to run out. 3 weeks later would have been about the time this stage of decomposition would take place if she died the day she vanished. But where was she for 3 weeks?

I go with transfer... if they hid sheets and clothing away that had her fluids on it, say in a bag or suitcase, the fluids would have had a hard time drying up... especially in a tropical setting... the moisture factor is a pain in tropical settings. A "3 week later transfer" could be very plausible in that setting. And yes, even the smell of a corpse could have been found, if the material at one point held her body long enough to have the postmortom fluids get on it.

I thought I heard that the Madeleiene's DNA showed up in a cupboard of some sort, the flat that the McCann's rented after her disappearance. This would fit the "transfer" scenario of DNA, if the parents were moving the material from place to place, hiding the stuff and waiting for the opportune moment to get rid of the stuff.

Ohhhhhh, the rental was 3 WEEKS not 3 DAYS...dang, I misunderstood...hmmmm.

Did they for sure say it was BLOOD specifically or just evidence?

from a horrible case we had locally i know "fluids" leak. a large amount of think brown foul smelling liquid leaked from the body of a 7 yr old in a week. i also remember learning a little about decomp in science. all the blood in a body flows to the lowest point not long after death causing discoloration that can prove a body was moved.

Also it has been said that when a frozen body starts to defrost, blood will leak out.

Now someone said they didn't think there were freezers around big enough for her Madeleine to fit into... And I really really hate to bring this up, and I am sorry that I've been 'little miss far-fetched' on many occasions here lately, but erm, what if Madeleine was disposed of little by little... so to speak? :(

I know most of the blood would have been gone then, but they also said it was only a tiny bit they found.

Christine yes it has been said it is Madeleine's blood that was found (links in the general thread).

This is by no means conclusive but a trial of cadaver dogs indicate most would be able to scent remains at the 2.5-3 hour mark from death. So, it also means that there would be no chance of the dogs missing a cadaver scent days or weeks later.

http://www.csst.org/cadaver_scent.html

Also it has been said that when a frozen body starts to defrost, blood will leak out.

Now someone said they didn't think there were freezers around big enough for her Madeleine to fit into... And I really really hate to bring this up, and I am sorry that I've been 'little miss far-fetched' on many occasions here lately, but erm, what if Madeleine was disposed of little by little... so to speak? :(

I know most of the blood would have been gone then, but they also said it was only a tiny bit they found.

Christine yes it has been said it is Madeleine's blood that was found (links in the general thread).

Ewwwww, I didn't even think about that. As far as I am concerned anything is possible. Human beings are strange animals.

Ewwwww, I didn't even think about that. As far as I am concerned anything is possible. Human beings are strange animals.

And they are doctors and so are the people who were with them...dismemberment wouldn't be as gross to them as it would be to the average person.

...more than once. The McCanns would most likely have needed accomplices to do this. Only the McCann apartment was searched immediately. She could have been transferred first to the apt. of one of the Pact of Silencers.

Or maybe this is where Murat came in? He was friends with some of the Pacters?? But dogs didn't hit on anything at his place, which was searched several times, and thoroughly.

It will be interesting to find out just how The Worst Parents in the World pulled this off.

I think it was transfered from a blanket,towel or sheet maybe even some clothing.

Maybe it went something like this.Something horrible happened to Madeleine causing her death.She was bundled up in a blanket and taken to a safe place while the apartment was cleaned and for her nowhere to be found when the police where called.Thinking one or two in the Tapas 9 helped with this or someone in the 9 knew of someone there that helped them also.Rings a bit true for the "a man was seen walking very fast with a child bundled in a blanket.She was dumped somewhere and the blanket was brought back to the apartment or one of the tapas 9s apartment.The blanket then is put into the trunk of the rental car and then maybe put into the other rental place if they did indeed find DNA in a cabinet.

Thats my thought in a nutshell.Transfer DNA.

I vote for transfer as well of the DNA. The McCanns had already moved into the other lodging after she went missing--my understanding is they never spent another night in that room. They did not have the rental car until 25 days later.

The most likely explanation seems to be something that Maddie was wrapped in or lay on when/if she died, or some article of clothing.

Ceeaura, I think you explained it very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74