Maddox Jolie-Pitt going to school in N.Y.C.

czechmate7

Former Member
Reaction score
Maddox Jolie-Pitt going to school in N.Y.C.

Angelina brings son to private institution where lessons taught in French.

NEW YORK - A school in Manhattan welcomed a brand new student on Tuesday, and his name is Maddox Jolie-Pitt.
Angelina Jolie, with her 6-year-old’s backpack over her shoulder, took little Maddox to the Lycée Francais de New York on the Upper East Side.
The Lycée Francais is a private institution where lessons are taught in French to students from early childhood through high school.
ings son to private institution where lessons taught in French
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20629703?GT1=10357

I thought they were going to live in New Orleans???? I knew that wouldn't last long!!

Im sure they will have multiple homes since they have plenty of money, I would love a few myself to vacation in but I dont have the income to do it. I hope she does keep him in a certain school and doesn't bounce him around. It sounds like there is a likelihood this will be temporary. It can be hard to move around alot especially when your trying to set up friendships. Im a big believer in stability in kids lives.

Im sure they will have multiple homes since they have plenty of money, I would love a few myself to vacation in but I dont have the income to do it. I hope she does keep him in a certain school and doesn't bounce him around. It sounds like there is a likelihood this will be temporary. It can be hard to move around alot especially when your trying to set up friendships. Im a big believer in stability in kids lives.
I understand (and would also love) to have multiple homes...but to yank a child from one school to another...I feel so bad for little Maddox...why don't they just home school and hire a French teacher?

I thought they were going to live in New Orleans???? I knew that wouldn't last long!!
I think they both have the shortest attention spans in history and get bored easily. They are so lucky they have money. they wouldn't make it in life otherwise.:)

I understand (and would also love) to have multiple homes...but to yank a child from one school to another...I feel so bad for little Maddox...why don't they just home school and hire a French teacher?
it doesn't matter how ustable life is for their little ones, they can hire the best therapists money can buy :crazy:
Why is it that is dislike them so? i can't figure it out. They are beautiful and have such good intentions it seems.

it doesn't matter how ustable life is for their little ones, they can hire the best therapists money can buy :crazy:
Why is it that is dislike them so? i can't figure it out. They are beautiful and have such good intentions it seems.
I don't dislike them...I just thought they were going to live in New Orleans to show everyone what a great place it is to live...I was a little confused when I saw the article:confused: .

Its sad , I don't dislike them, I love how they help others. I just feel bad for the kids being dragged from place to place that is not how a childhood should be.

Its sad , I don't dislike them, I love how they help others. I just feel bad for the kids being dragged from place to place that is not how a childhood should be.

I think to have them travel all over the world is a wonderful experience for them.
I think if they were some dirtballs getting evicted every other day and moving from town to town it would be bad..
But children with loving parents will adapt well to travel and probably have friends world wide and the means to keep in touch with them.

I think to have them travel all over the world is a wonderful experience for them.
I think if they were some dirtballs getting evicted every other day and moving from town to town it would be bad..
But children with loving parents will adapt well to travel and probably have friends world wide and the means to keep in touch with them.

I agree. These kids seem so happy, grounded, normal, healthy. Pitt and Jolie are obviously doing a whole lot right with their parenting. God Bless their family.

Yup. Also thousands of 'military brats' turn out just fine. We have several families in our family that were in the military and travelled all over creation and there's nothing wrong with their kids. In fact, most of them turned out to have a taste for travel themselves.

I was not even thinking of Military!! DUH!! smack my head!

But a good example..

It also occurred to me that Maddox may only be in NYC schools this year..

Isn't one of them working in NYC right now??

I seem to recall reading somewhere that before this, Maddox had attended 7 schools in a two year period. I'm going to see if I can find where I read that.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that before this, Maddox had attended 7 schools in a two year period. I'm going to see if I can find where I read that.

that is so not right if it is true

Brad will shoot a film in New York soon I read.

They come to New Orleans often. Brad is involved with green housing down here.

The little guy is going to the same type of school he's gone to in other countries. At least that is similar for him.

I don't worry too much about the moving around. They seem to have normal schedules for everything except for the moving part.

They certainly don't shelter them as much as many celebs do. They took walks and shopped etc with the kids here. Unless the kids were alone with a nanny you never saw a body guard or anything.

Then again New Orleans is use to stars and film crews being around.

Yup. Also thousands of 'military brats' turn out just fine. We have several families in our family that were in the military and travelled all over creation and there's nothing wrong with their kids. In fact, most of them turned out to have a taste for travel themselves.

Exactly. I am a homebody and liked growing up in the same place and same school for years, BUT that's not the only way to raise healthy happy children. I know many military brats and childhood world travelers who turned out great. It depends on the kids, the family and the circumstances.

People who don't like these two will find fault with all of their choices.

"Exactly. I am a homebody and liked growing up in the same place and same school for years, BUT that's not the only way to raise healthy happy children. I know many military brats and childhood world travelers who turned out great. It depends on the kids, the family and the circumstances.

People who don't like these two will find fault with all of their choices."

TOTALLY AGREE. I was raised in the same hometown and went to the same schools all my life, but I have friends who have lived all over the world, went to varying schools, both public and private, and they turned out just fine.

Another way to think about all the moving around times -- just imagine all the wonderful sites and places these kids have been exposed to. All the different people they've met, the differing lifestyles they've been exposed to -- they will each grow up having a 'world' education that most of us can only dream about.

Of course, there are downsides to everything and as these kids get older, they may want to stay in one location -- be with their friends, etc.

The kids seem happy, healthy and content. They certainly don't live in seclusion and in spite of their celebrity lifestyle, seem to be living fairly normal lives.

"Exactly. I am a homebody and liked growing up in the same place and same school for years, BUT that's not the only way to raise healthy happy children. I know many military brats and childhood world travelers who turned out great. It depends on the kids, the family and the circumstances.

People who don't like these two will find fault with all of their choices."

TOTALLY AGREE. I was raised in the same hometown and went to the same schools all my life, but I have friends who have lived all over the world, went to varying schools, both public and private, and they turned out just fine.

Another way to think about all the moving around times -- just imagine all the wonderful sites and places these kids have been exposed to. All the different people they've met, the differing lifestyles they've been exposed to -- they will each grow up having a 'world' education that most of us can only dream about.

Of course, there are downsides to everything and as these kids get older, they may want to stay in one location -- be with their friends, etc.

The kids seem happy, healthy and content. They certainly don't live in seclusion and in spite of their celebrity lifestyle, seem to be living fairly normal lives.

Aren't army brats and travelers usually stationed somewhere 6 months to one year (usually a year?) at a time, which lends itself to a school year or at least a semseter? 7 times in two years seems a bit much.

For some reason I envisioned NY as being too citified for the J-P family. They seem to like things quiet like the private villas in remote areas of Russia and where ever else they've visited. NYC is anything but quiet. They certainly won't be out of the lime light.

Pedinurse,

I've no idea. And what may seem 'a bit much' to someone, may not be a bit much to someone else. Kind of like the difference between looking at the glass as being half full or half empty.

I would never like to be pulled around all over the place. Not my cup of tea. But that's just me. If you're perhaps raised in an environment which dictates that you move around quite a bit, then I would suppose you 'might' become used to that style of living.

Ryan Phillippe, Reese Witherspoon's ex, has stated his daughter, Ava, HATES the papparazzi -- she can't stand the fact that her parents are celebrities. So obviously, just because she's used to that way of living, doesn't mean she likes it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you can't always judge from your side of the fence, as to how someone else's lifestyle may be impacting their child raising.

I am stating that these kids SEEM to be content and happy. I have always said that I would have loved to have been the world traveler. I love traveling, but because my husband's career doesn't afford us that option, we don't. I would have LOVED to have traveled the world as a child -- maybe not perhaps as much as the Pitt-Jolie family does, but oh boy...to see Europe...Africa...I would have loved it.

Our culture is so different from most. Sometimes I think we Americans become too set in our ways and can't see the benefits of living a different way of life beyond our own backyards.

So, even though I can see how many of us would think that the Pitt-Jolie kids are being moved around too much (and maybe they are), I can also see the other side of the issue and see the wonderful benefits these kids are getting as well.

JMHO, though...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back