Many sex offenders not accounted for

And how are we not Shaz??
I didnt say we were not doing anything, I dont even know if we have the same problem, I just said at least they were doing something about it, make sure you read the post before you criticise someone elses opinion. Why are always so negative, there is a saying if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

You all probably already know this but if not, it is important. Those convicted of juvenile sexual assault before national and state sex offender registry laws were put in place may not be listed at all and are often not required to be. If a pre-registry offender has not been caught in an offense since the law went into effect, their resident state likely does not require them to register at all based on an old offense.

I don't have the statistics before me but based on personal knowledge, I'd speculate there are more non-registered offenders than registered. Many of these perverts have been successful by moving to a state other than where they offended and if they haven't been caught in the new residence, nobody is any the wiser.

In the South, Georgia is particularly a haven for old offenders from surrounding states. This glitch in the law can only be changed if those of us who care complain to the right people. This is one of those issues it pays to find out about and then write and complain to your state rep and governor.

I didnt say we were not doing anything, I dont even know if we have the same problem, I just said at least they were doing something about it, make sure you read the post before you criticise someone elses opinion. Why are always so negative, there is a saying if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

Shazza, I don't think narla was criticizing your opinion at all. She only asked a question.

My very dearest Shazza,:blowkiss: :blowkiss:
You did not say that nothing was being done where you are.
Your post;
Shazza said:
I wonder if we would have the same problem here Dingo. At least they are doing something about it in the US.

narlacat said:
And how are we not Shaz??

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

It was a genuine inquiry Shaz- I thought you must have known what we aren't doing to say the US is at least doing something.

Here we go again:rolleyes:
Some people just cant help be negative and interpreting comments negatively, just because I say the US is doing something about a problem they are having it doesnt mean we are not, as I said I dont even know if we have the same problem, so the question you asked Narla was in my quote.

Some people just cant help be negative and interpreting comments negatively, just because I say the US is doing something about a problem they are having it doesnt mean we are not, as I said I dont even know if we have the same problem, so the question you asked Narla was in my quote.

My mistake, sorry I thought you knew something about the way our register works.

Seriously - what is up with all the attitude in this thread? I don't get it.

Hi MasterJ...its one poster trying to bait other posters and its becoming a theme across many threads...it a shame to see so many threads derailed because of one posters bitterness:(

link

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Quote from article:
"Kinney decided not to wait for the violations to be reported. He took a proactive approach. It took him and his colleagues three months and a lot of overtime, to check every one of the addresses in Chittenden County. They finished the job Thursday evening. "Preliminarily, what we found is that 15 percent of the people on the registry are out of compliance and by being out of compliance we haven't been able to locate them. Their whereabouts are unknown. Between 40 to 60 people," Kinney said."

You know this really does not surprise me. WHY do we rely on the offender to register?!?! It never made sense... Something needs to change or many more will just "disappear".

Seriously - what is up with all the attitude in this thread? I don't get it.

I asked a question because I thought from the way Shaz worded her post, that there was something wrong with our sex offender register, but that or may not be the case.

I have no idea what I am supposed to be bitter over- lol- sorry to involve you Masterj.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back