Cuddle Cat (and Other Obvious Lies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
OK, we all agree that Kate's assertion to the PJ that the reason Cuddle Cat had a cadaver scent on it, as well as her clothing, was that she is a doctor and she was around dead bodies right before coming to Portugal, and that she often took Cuddle Cat to work with her....was utter BS.

What other obvious or possible lies have there been? Any? The fact that the children were checked on every several minutes when the Tapas staff says no one ever left the table that night comes to mind.

This is the thread for LISTING THE LIES or the stories that don't wash.

They lied about how far the restaurant was away from their apartment, they lied about sedating their children, there are so many I cannot process them all but am sure other posters will come up with plenty more.

They lied about how far the restaurant was away from their apartment, they lied about sedating their children, there are so many I cannot process them all but am sure other posters will come up with plenty more.
Shazz, I'm glad you brought this up. I admit coming into this case late. Two quick quistions......Did they sedate the kids? Were the twins tested? Do we know this 4sure? Every media outlet has a different story and it's so confusing. TIA!

Shazz, I'm glad you brought this up. I admit coming into this case late. Two quick quistions......Did they sedate the kids? Were the twins tested? Do we know this 4sure? Every media outlet has a different story and it's so confusing. TIA!
Gerry McCann admitted to sedating the children, I dont think the twins were tested. But the words came out of Gerrys mouth so they must be true.

With WHAT did they sedate the kids? Like a shot of Benedryl, or something stronger?

With WHAT did they sedate the kids? Like a shot of Benedryl, or something stronger?
I cant remember the name of the drug, there were also syringes found in the bedside drawers, whether they were used for injecting or easier to put into the mouths of children am not sure how or what they were used for, Im sure the P LE have more info on this that they havent made public.
Sorry I cant be of more help LL&S.

The thing that always struck me as a "lie" was the description of the checking of the children, how often and by whom. Check Calikid's timeline and you will see that the version of events we have heard would have the Tapas 9 jumping up and down from the table all evening.

Wonder how they managed to play a trivia game??

:waitasec:

I cant remember the name of the drug, there were also syringes found in the bedside drawers, whether they were used for injecting or easier to put into the mouths of children am not sure how or what they were used for, Im sure the P LE have more info on this that they havent made public.
Sorry I cant be of more help LL&S.
Actually you've been very helpful. It's not easy wrapping my brain around the PJ and their procedures vs our procedures. That would be a good thread, but I am NOT the one to start it.

Peace!
2.gif

Actually you've been very helpful. It's not easy wrapping my brain around the PJ and their procedures vs our procedures. That would be a good thread, but I am NOT the one to start it.

Peace!
2.gif
It is hard to keep up with everything that has and is going on with this case. The Australian procedures would be different again, it could get quite confusing.

OK, while I dont' think the McCanns killed their kids, if the cadaver dogs alerted in the Praya de la Luz apartment, then they must have left them alone for more than two hours.

According to family members, they claim the children were given Calpol, a pain reliever.

According to family members, they claim the children were given Calpol, a pain reliever.
Hi CaliKid, do you know if that has to be injected or taken orally. I have never heard of that drug being used here in Australia.

Gerry McCann admitted to sedating the children, I dont think the twins were tested. But the words came out of Gerrys mouth so they must be true.

Didn't he just say that they gave them Calpol? That is not a sedative; it is
a brand name of paracetamol which is known as acetaminophen in the United States. In other words, it is Tylenol. And I don't mean Tylenol PM either. Here's Calpol's web site:
http://www.calpol.co.uk/en/latest.asp?section=38&ct=8

Didn't he just say that they gave them Calpol? That is not a sedative; it is
a brand name of paracetamol which is known as acetaminophen in the United States. In other words, it is Tylenol. And I don't mean Tylenol PM either. Here's Calpol's web site:
http://www.calpol.co.uk/en/latest.asp?section=38&ct=8
As far as I have read the type of drug given hasnt been confirmed.
If their children needed any medication for ill health, IMO they should not have the children alone, their actions dont make sense. I know I would not give my children medicine if they were sick and then go out and leave them alone.

I don't know much about cadaver dogs and what actually leads them to a scent but I'll bet the farm that there is no way in Hades that Maddie's toy had a strange scent on it because of her mother's job. That is ludicrous.

As far as I have read the type of drug given hasnt been confirmed.
If their children needed any medication for ill health, IMO they should not have the children alone, their actions dont make sense. I know I would not give my children medicine if they were sick and then go out and leave them alone.

I haven't seen anything confirming that the children were given a sedative at all, of any kind. No idea where that info came from.

I agree that the children should not have been left alone -- whether they needed Tylenol or not. It's completely selfish and irresponsible, and here in the U.S. also against the law. Don't know about Portugal.

I guess my thing is, I don't admire the McCann's and I don't think they have likeable personalities, and I think they certainly contributed to this situation by their neglect. But I just haven't been convinced that they killed their daughter and disposed of her body. Much of the suspicion surrounding them is based on speculation and exaggeration as far as I can tell. (Now, what the suspicions of PJ are based on, I'd love to know -- that could change my mind for sure.)

Kate's explanation of why the cadaver dog "hit" on the stuffed cat, is probably one of those elements in this case, that caused the PJ to look at her statements very carefully.

1. She stated (in so many words) that the toy is Maddie's favorite.
2. And yet, who takes the toy to their workplace? Kate. Beyond creepy.
3. She is a part-time GP. And yet it has been reported that she indicated she had contact with more than one cadaver. Maybe she should stop telling people she is a GP, and explain that she signs off on death certificates for the hospital morgue.

These "hits", appear to require that Kate stuffs it into the pocket of her jeans (that got a "cadaver hit"), as she makes her rounds as a part-time general practioner, to these cadavers that have been laying around for some time. And THEN, she has to have contact between her jeans and the cadaver.

please. This is beyond ridiculous.

I know Steadfast...it's hard to believe; but the husband admitted to sedating all three children. The exact drug used, has not been reported yet.

I don't know much about cadaver dogs and what actually leads them to a scent but I'll bet the farm that there is no way in Hades that Maddie's toy had a strange scent on it because of her mother's job. That is ludicrous.
Didn't it sound like a story that she had to make up on the "fly". Silly and unbelievable..... dare I say desperate?

how is this for a lie. "we will not leave til maddie is found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member